SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 7th - June 13th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Noir et Vanille
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac

"Sometimes It Snows In April" O(+>

sotd_20210607.jpg

Gillette Super Speed (1958 D2)
Gillette Nacet Stainless (6)
Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown (24/52)
Barrister & Mann Latha Lavanda

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Mergress XL
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Back to the GFT Cream. Although it is a cream, the GFT is so old it is as hard as a soap! Nevertheless, a great shave today. Have a great day, gents.

We lost a shave brethren over the weekend, an SOTD Champion and an even finer gentleman. R.I.P. @120inna55 you’ll be missed. My thoughts, prayers & deepest sympathies to his family & loved ones.
Condolences to the bereaved family. RIP.

Like @GlazedBoker says...live life to the fullest...shave without regrets, I'll say!

@ouchyfoot....a colorful life is the best!! Including color coordinate shave gears😀😀!!

L'ESSOR and Le Coq three piece razors/Feather, beard and head shave respectively. The first even with its differential aggression is a capable and friendly daily driver. The second a la the iKon Tech, has enough exposure that its safety bar is of little consequence, virtually ensuring a nick on the back of my head as I set up the proper angle. Still , a good time had by all.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 Head on a
Weber Bulldog 3" Handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: WSP PRINCE, HD Silvertip, 22mm
Bowl: Potter's House (local)

Soap: Stirling Piacenza

Stirling Piacenza Aftershave Splash
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Razor: GEM Micromatic Flying Wing withGuiding Eye1947 Silver
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE (10)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: Squadron Shave Soap - Dutch Resistance
Aftershave: Stirling - Glacial Obsidian (Splash)

3E1B9249-EE83-448D-BB43-079E92BB2554.jpg

Keep your eye on the shave!
Today I’m using my GEM blade on its 10th and final shave. To make sure all goes well with its send off, I decided to deploy the 1947 GEM with the magical “Guiding Eye”.
1990C9E7-1491-4E65-A12A-9EE72B9F839F.jpeg
66602D0B-66A5-4897-97BB-D834BA1A1FEF.jpeg

Above is a picture of the “Guiding Eye” when it’s fast asleep. Don’t wake it up unless you want a perfect shave.
The magical eye gave my 10 use blade the power of a newborn edge. This was actually one of the smoothest shaves I’ve had in a while, along with a super pleasant post shave feeling. I’m also sure the 20 strops I applied helped.
Now I feel bad about retiring this blade. It’s still got lots of life, but I believe in quitting while I’m ahead.

The Soap & Splash? Wonderful refreshing liquorice all around.

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, June 7th 2021

Razor: Gem Micromatic (MMOC)-1st gen(buttonless) 1930-32,2nd gen (Button shims) 1933-41, excellent mid range> I like to use this razor when # of shaves on a blade gets higher because it has a little more blade feel. Built to last and looks it, nice weight also. Solid brass.
1st razor made to "Twist to open" in the world, very advanced for its time period.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Italian barber Amici- mild positive citrus scent, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm :001_wub: of all my synthetics brushes this one ticks all the boxes for my type of brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, just the right amount of backbone for a gentle scrub(no heavy pressure mashing will ruin any brush) + excellent lather painter which combines it to feel of high quality luxury feel when lathering.(it does not get much better for myself)
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my MMOC buttonless with a coated blade.

MMMonday shave, June 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom