Tuesday
image.jpg

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless Double Edge Blade
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Very enjoyable shave this evening.

IMG_6990.jpg

30/06/20
- Razor : RazoRock Game Changer SB 0.84 (Barber Pole Jürgen Hempel Handle)
- Brush : Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger (27mm)
- Lather : La Toja (Soap)
- Aftershave : Nivea Sensitive (Balm)
- Blade : Wizamet Super Iridium (#2)

proxy.php

Date:- 30 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Pure Lavender
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6S-R4 / Gillette Nacet #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Tuesday
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap / Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Red-tip SuperSpeed
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Alum/Quinn’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Balm: 444

Yesterdays shave

Razor - I was trying two razors I finished honing. So half of my face was the ABC razor. I'm almost done restoring it. The scales are wet sanded to 10k and without any polish they are like glass. Pictures really do not do this razor justice. The other half was a Mansalu. both razors were just ok. Not sure if it was the razor or if I do not have the lather right with this soap.

Strop - bakersfield barber supply strop. This is one of my favorite strops as it is from the city I was raised and still live in. It's cool to have this piece of the cities history.

Brush - @Graydog zebra wood with 24mm horsehair knot from Shave Forge. Good knot. Doesn't have a lot of backbone so used a hair rubber band to support it. Now it's a great brush.

Soap/aftershave - Blackship Grooming Captains Pipe soap and aftershave. Second time using this soap. I may just need to work with it to get it dialed in.

View attachment 1119457View attachment 1119456View attachment 1119458View attachment 1119455
The ABC razor looks great and beautiful! Well done for the restoration job! I hope it shaves well...

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, June 30th 2020

Razor: Oneblade Core version 2- Mfg 2018> A good mild daily driver, 3 pass shaver IMO.
Blade: Gem SS PTFE modified (5) Excellent blade with all the good characteristics a person wants in a blade.
Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- Great soap with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 24mm synthetic - I like this brush, reminds me of my broke in Omega boar brush - Scritch.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2(testing) + pickups.( Oneblade Core needs 3 passes).
Post shave: Avon "True Gent" colonge with witch hazel + a dollop of Avon True gent balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBB + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: good shave with my Oneblade Core.

SOTD, Tue June 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom