What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 29th - July 5th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
29/06/2020

Sotd

proxy.php

Yesterdays shave

Razor - I was trying two razors I finished honing. So half of my face was the ABC razor. I'm almost done restoring it. The scales are wet sanded to 10k and without any polish they are like glass. Pictures really do not do this razor justice. The other half was a Mansalu. both razors were just ok. Not sure if it was the razor or if I do not have the lather right with this soap.

Strop - bakersfield barber supply strop. This is one of my favorite strops as it is from the city I was raised and still live in. It's cool to have this piece of the cities history.

Brush - @Graydog zebra wood with 24mm horsehair knot from Shave Forge. Good knot. Doesn't have a lot of backbone so used a hair rubber band to support it. Now it's a great brush.

Soap/aftershave - Blackship Grooming Captains Pipe soap and aftershave. Second time using this soap. I may just need to work with it to get it dialed in.

20200628_142150_compress52.jpg
20200628_142253_compress78.jpg
20200628_142330_compress92.jpg
20200628_142347_compress34.jpg

Feather DX & Schick Proline
APShaveCo. 28mm Silksmoke Winter
Stirling Gin & Tonic On The Rocks shave soap
Stirling Gin & Tonic a/s splash
Jimmy Choo Man Ice Eau de Toilette

343F7104-8AD0-45C5-BCDF-B9385F8D5325.jpeg

Just got back from a 4 day getaway with the Misses up by Lake George, NY. Had 4 days growth to work on and decided to use the Feather DX that I acquired recently off of the b/s/t. Slid in a Proline and the stubble had no chance. The Feather DX is a delightful shaver with good balance and feel. Nicely weighted SS head and cutting whiskers was like a hot knife through butter. Should have bought one years ago. Yes, it’s that good and I’d recommend it to a straight shave newbie in a heartbeat. Just grab a guarded blade to start out and away you go into the world of straights. My first go with the Stirling mentholated soap & splash and it was a winner. Super nice lather with slickness to spare including a real good mentholated chill affect on the face with the splash being the cherry on top. Good stuff. It’s good to be back home. A wonderful evening and shaves to all....

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
MONDAY, 29 June 2020

Pre: CeraVe Bar
Brush: H*I*S 25mm synth
Lather: Arko stick
Bowl: Silicone dog feeder
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Nacet (6)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: LeMale by Jean Paul Gaultier
Superb shave, both slick and quick.
Love that Arko: it really generates
a remarkable volume of lather using
very little product. Hell, I even like the smell!

Stay healthy, everyone!

Tuesday SOTD

Razor Cobra Classic
Blade: Schick Proline (D3)
Brush: Rod Neep Retro Deluxe Manchurian badger 24mm
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Balm: MdC Huile Végétale Camomille
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Fourth & Pine

Tue 30th SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX 1st Use
Bowl Red Nubs
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gillette Red Tip
Blade Polsilver Super Iridium 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Polo EDT
3rd of RR Soap/Croap tested. Save this for last. Yes...! Scent is nice, stronger than previous 2 but hmmm...still abit mild for my nose. The lather...another WOW! Easily worked up with brush in bowl. Thick, creamy and reasonably slick. Conclusion from all RR 3 soap/croap...lather quality is good but scent is too mild for my nose!
Shave with razor paired with blade is very comfortable. Smooth, sharp and hardly feel any blade. 3 multiple passes without any issues. Between BBS to DFS result. Rating 9.5/10
20200630_072108.jpg

20200630_121615.jpg

SOTD : 30th June 2020.

39.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + shaving Oil.

Brush : Vie-Long Brown Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Boots ~ Original Shave Stick

Blade: Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword. (3)

Razor: Merkur ~39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

The chinese GWS is still feeling smooth & efficient on it's third use in the 39c.

One thing i've noticed is my slant razors seem to dull some de blades quicker than others.The chinese & Indian made GWS blade, for some reason this doesn't occur.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

[emoji610]SOTD[emoji610]Tue 30jun2020
Pre-shave: warm water splash
Soap:pinkWoolf Oudh & Sandalwood
Brush:pinkWoolf Synthetic
Razor: Erasmic India (Vintage)
Blade: Feather (5th)
Aftershave : PinkWoolf Gel + PW sunscreen
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh