Not open for further replies.
Monday, June 29
proxy.php

Jabonman Mediterráneo~~Simpson~~Gillette/Polsilver~~Aqua Velva
proxy.php

Have a great day!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, June 29th 2020, took out my interesting looking ASR Family member the Everready 1912 for another shave, I like the handle on it with the pronounce hexagon edges creates a different feel of a grip and hard to MFG IMO.

Razor: Everready 1912 -Mfg in Great Britain from 1936-53- excellent mid range razor. This model feels nice in my hand.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9) great blade in a lot of ways,sharpness, longevity, cost, and very predictable IMO.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum - I always get good results from this great soap, mild bayrum scent, excellent lather!
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot synthetic 24mm- very enjoyable brush with good brush characteristics to make & apply lather.
Pre shave : Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor :thumbsup: with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Best shave with my recent acquired Everready 1912 British variant.

MMMonday,June 29th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

[emoji610]Sotd[emoji610]Mon 29Jun2020
Pre-shave: warm water splash
Brush: PinkWoolf Synthetic brush
Cream: Yardley London Elegance
Razor : Gillette Sterling head + unknown short handle
Blade : Feather (4th use)
After shave: Yardley London Elegance after shave.
proxy.php

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6010 using Tapatalk

1A87B085-5266-4627-8BE1-73BF0381CDCF.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2020

My shave today was spectacular due most likely to my blood offering as propitiation to the Shave Gods yesterday. Either that, or caution prevailed today. It appears that I’m just beginning to get the hang of this edge forward shaving business.

After my shower and cold water rinse, I lathered up with my enhanced Nancy Boy Signature shave cream using one of my favorite Boars, the Jayaruh Custom #374. Next I strapped onto each forearm its respective tremor reduction gear (SWMBO’s 3 lb ankle weights).

Thus accoutered, with Dovo Special in hand, the mug shave proceeded through two passes (WTG, ATG) with some selective buffing around the Adam’s Apple with the newly achieved Kamisori grip to place your very pleased narrator squarely in DFS territory. In order to avoid irritation I elected to move on to the Dome shave.

The Colonial Silversmith, my favorite modern artisan shaver, equipped with a Sharp Star on its second and final run sheared through the dome stubble right down to the skin line on that first WTG pass. The second and final ATG pass launched your ecstatic narrator firmly into VBBS territory. The noggin feels refreshed, cool, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Dovo Special (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #374
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1119330
SOTD MONDAY, JUNE 29, 2020

My shave today was spectacular due most likely to my blood offering as propitiation to the Shave Gods yesterday. Either that, or caution prevailed today. It appears that I’m just beginning to get the hang of this edge forward shaving business.

After my shower and cold water rinse, I lathered up with my enhanced Nancy Boy Signature shave cream using one of my favorite Boars, the Jayaruh Custom #374. Next I strapped onto each forearm its respective tremor reduction gear (SWMBO’s 3 lb ankle weights).

Thus accoutered, with Dovo Special in hand, the mug shave proceeded through two passes (WTG, ATG) with some selective buffing around the Adam’s Apple with the newly achieved Kamisori grip to place your very pleased narrator squarely in DFS territory. In order to avoid irritation I elected to move on to the Dome shave.

The Colonial Silversmith, my favorite modern artisan shaver, equipped with a Sharp Star on its second and final run sheared through the dome stubble right down to the skin line on that first WTG pass. The second and final ATG pass launched your ecstatic narrator firmly into VBBS territory. The noggin feels refreshed, cool, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Dovo Special (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #374
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite.
It's the "velveteen" part I always like. Congrats on a non-sanguineous shave. I admire your courage.

Monday, 6/29:

20200629_103244.jpg

Razor - Muhle Rocca
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - CaYuen Workshop "Abalone Burl" 24mm tuxedo
Soap - Hawaiian Shaving Co Eucalyptus Lime
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

A very nice shave today. Getting more comfortable with the Rocca. For such a big handle, it's really very comfortable and maneuverable. I really like holding it. The Astra was really smooth in it. Great lather from the soap with the brush, creamy and really slick, excellent performers both. The razor is definitely efficient, because this was close as anything.

Razor: Gem Junior with brass bulldog handle
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200628_083646.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.