proxy.php

Sun 5th SOTD
Soap Colonel Conk Almond
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Razor Friedr. Herder Abr. Sohn 77
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Nice nice lather always from CC soaps. Face lathering with the excellent brush produces a creamy and slick lather. The almond scent is more obvious than Cella.
Shave with the 77 WTG was ok...smooth but not efficient. Barely remove much. XTG was better but attempted ATG and gave up. So...2 passes and barely CCF. Good news is no nicks nor weepers.
Not satisfied so used a loaded Gillette New SC with Polsilver and went for 1atg pass. Suffered some minor irritation (redness) and seems like creepers. Ice water rinse followed by Thayers and Hyaluronic and Reuzel makes it a better feeling. Rating today 7/10....
20200705_172619.jpg

20200705_181311.jpg

SOTD (# 122/2020)
05-07-2020

20200705_102349-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water
Brush: Semogue 1460
Soap: Mike's ~ Orange, Cedar & Black Pepper
Razor: Gillette Tech Fat Handle (post war / Canada)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Fine L' Orange Noir AS, Stirling Soap Orange Chill ASB

Smooth shave - smooth Sunday!

E2ABD63A-4669-413A-BBDD-BB797821BC84.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY, JULY 5, 2020

The holiday was a lot of fun. We had 16 instead of 17. One of my grandsons elected to spend the afternoon with his girlfriend’s family. Go figure! The women oohed and ahhed over my new great-granddaughter, Jennifer. The men enjoyed beer, bourbon, scotch, pulled pork, hamburgers, hotdogs and cheesesteaks. But back to my shave this morning. I just may be keeping one of the two Damascus razors my son, Ben, gifted himself through me. On pure whim this morning, I grabbed and stropped One 40 or more times telling myself, “I’ll give it a shot, if there’s a problem, I’ll just grab the Feather SS Kamisori with the loaded Feather Super.” Well dang if this little razor didn’t feel better in hand and easier to shave with than my 5/8 Dovo Special! I lathered up my face with the mentholated Kapo Fresh I had laying around with my Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378. I’d forgotten what a nice lather it generates, nothing like my beloved Nancy Boy, but dang close.

I started the face shave on my dominant left side, and noticed the heft and feel of this razor was markedly different than the Dovo during the start of this WTG pass. The balance seemed better, and it just mowed through the whiskers. This baby is sharp as it came from the maker shave ready! Makes me wonder whether the Dovo could benefit from a honing. Switching to my right hand produced more of the same. I wonder whether my less than exemplary shaving experience with the Dovo was just the result of a dull edge. It did sit in a drawer for almost 5 years. In any case, the second ATG pass with the Damascus using a Kamisori grip left me firmly in DFS++ territory. Nothing need be said really about the noggin shave. The wonderful Shake Sharp Model 1.5 did a splendid job in two passes (WTG, ATG) reducing the noggin stubble, even on the 5th shave with these stacked Sunekos. A quick alum check revealed no heat except just below my Adam’s Apple, a traditional trouble spot, and a clean bill of healthy for the VBBS delivered to the dome. Humphreys Lilac WH cooled the front of my neck down, which was further accelerated by Osage Rub and finished with Cremo Cooling After Shave Balm. I feel refrigeratingly cool, clean and definitely velveteen!

RAZOR: 7/8 Full Hollow Damascus Koa Scales (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 (Dome)
BLADE: Two Stacked Suneko DE (5)
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CREAM: Kapo Fresh Menthol
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave- July 5th 2020- I think my Schick Twin ll blade is coming to end of its life in my Stick Schick injector razor with #32 shave on it. Its getting a little tugging and it has done its job with honors. Very impressive blade for longevity and comfortable shaves and its life is used up as of today. It still knocked off a CCS,DFS,BBS.

Razor: Stick Schick injector L type theme series- MFG 1973, interesting mild razor to look at and gives a nice shave.
Blade: Schick Twin ll injector(Japanese) excellent razor blade, great daily blade - good for 1 or 2 day growth to avoid plugging.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- great scent and excellent lather qualities IMO.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm - great brush for making later and applying, triple milled soaps no problem, good splay
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups'
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: great shave with my Stick Schick and Twin ll blade.

Sunday Schick shave july 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sunday, 7/5:

20200705_121656.jpg

Razor - Above the Tie Atlas R1
Blade - Feather
Brush - WCS two-tone 26mm silvertip
Soap - Sudsy Soapery Lavender & Peppermint
A/S - OneBlade balm

Really great. I forgot how much I love this brush, still one of my all-time favorite face lathering brushes. I did things differently: since this soap is more like a cream, I put it in a bowl and loaded the brush from there. Got a great lather from it, nice and creamy, gave great glide to the razor, which sheared me nice and close and comfortably. Just fantastic.

Razor: Schick G5 Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: L'Occitane Cade Shave Oil
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200704_082052.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.