What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 29th - July 5th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat 4 July SOTD Happy 4th of July wishes to all USA B&B Members!!
Soap
RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette Fatboy Set 9 & 7
Blade Polsilver 6th use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Scoop some almond size croap from tub and spread on wet face then start lathering with lovely brush. Very mild scent. Result was nice enough lather.
Shave with razor and blade is good. Comfortable and smooth. 3 multiple passes using setting 9 & 7 resulted in a good close shave between BBS to DFS.
Rating today 9/10 despite 1 unexpected tiny weeper because post shave feel on face was excellent!!
Is it the soap or Hyaluronic + Reuzel...? Hmmmm...
20200704_170529.jpg

Beautiful shaves over the last week, decided to use the Wilkinson sword shave soap with the Wilkinson sword brush, used this with the Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge and aristocrat combo I've been using for the past month or so, and had fantastic results. The next two shaves after this were with the col conk lime and maca root balm which replaced the prep in my daily rotation for the next week or so.

The Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge has now performed flawlessly for 15 shaves, and I'll carry on using it for as long as it performs as well as it currently is.

Shaves 11,12,13:
Razor: Gillette aristocrat barber pole
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (11,12,13)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: Wilkinson sword shave soap
Balm:prep

Shaves 14,15:
Razor: Gillette aristocrat barber pole
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (14,15)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: col conk lime
Balm: the body shop maca root shave relief.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Sat shave sh.jpg

Saturday’s Shave

Today I used my Timeless SS .68 razor with a Personna Lab blade for the 9th shave. The soap is GD Magnolia. The brush is a Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip. I did my usual four-pass shave on my face and two-pass on my head. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent.

Fourth of July shave today, as American as I could muster...

Razor: Gillette Goodwill #160 (recently re-plated in rose gold/bright nickel)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Soap: Barrister & Mann Bay Rum
Brush: Brad Sears Arley Briarwood/Ebony Estate Badger
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
A Little Hula Girl from Honolulu​

IMG_5533.jpeg

IMG_20200704_104639.jpg

First shave with Parker Variant. Really nice shave. I used the "2" setting and it was just about perfect. I will try 1 and 3 and maybe half settings to try and dial it in.

Heavy razor with large head but was able to work with it and left with a great shave. No irritation or nicks. Skin very smooth.

The razor didn't feel as smooth gliding across my face as some others but overall great shave. Was a little difficult loading the razor blade.

SOTD (# 121/2020)
04-07-2020

20200702_194943-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street ~ No. 50 SC
Razor: Gillette Super Speed 40's Style
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Nivea Sensitive ASB.

Enjoy your 4th of July, gents!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, July4th 2020, Kind of different shaving day for myself, Got to use my first 3D printed razor(Amazing tolerences they can achieve). It holds a Gem blade one of favorites and it is of a design most have never seen a Gem razor blade in. It is one of Tom White creations that is of good design and he seems to have hit my sweet spot for the right amount of aggression and efficiency(Mid range razor). I usually test a new razor with a two pass shave with no pick ups to see how it handled the stubble(WTG+ATG no pickups) and then do my feel test followed by finishing the shave. Indicating a Mid range for sure and a light razor for those who enjoy them like myself.
I remember Gem Mfg was doing trial runs with proto type adjustable"s
1593874436207.png
to compete with all of the other MFG's and the TNNSER could of been a winner for them because you could just change the cap with a thicker one to become a mild razor that Gem Mfg did to its model ranges.(just thinking possibilities). Some call it TNNSER because Tom did not but a name on it. Anyways just a nice razor I will enjoy it for years, another Great creation Tom White has designed with other razors you have been tinkering & designing with.(Like the Enders style handle with a good feel in the hand also!)

Razor: TNNSER 3D printed model- MFG 2018 Aluminum proto type + 2019> 3D printed type.Nice mid range IMO.
Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade, Sharp, good longevity, smooths out the more you use , predictable.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf 24 mm synthetic - great brush properties making and applying shave soap lather IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- one of my RR favorites with excellent lather properties and Scent.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + afterwards pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 weeper =:a17:excellent close shave with Tom's No Name Single Edge Razor (TNNSER).:thumbsup:

SOTD, Sat, July 4th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Saturday, 7/4:

20200704_124339.jpg

Razor - Muhle Rocca
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Leonidam "Vlad" 26mm Cashmere
Soap - Mystic Waters tea tree sample
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver balm

What a great shave. Going at the MW with a pretty dry brush is definitely key. I added water carefully and was rewarded with a terrific creamy slick lather. The Rocca continues to give a close, pleasurable shave. Fantastic.

Razor: Gillette 1963 I2 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Shark Super Stainless
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Soap Smooth Barbershop
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200327_095141.jpg

Happy Birthday, USA!!

Status