What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 22nd - June 28th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soap : Barrister and Mann – Le Grand Chypre
Sotd : 27-06-2020
Razor : Merkur 20C
Blade : Astra – Superior Platinum (groen) (1)
Brush : Omega - EVO Silvertip fibre - Special Veteran
Aftershave Splash : Barrister and Mann – Le Grand Chypre
Eau de Toilette : Barrister and Mann – Le Grand Chypre

DSC_0160-01.jpeg

Soap : The Shave Mercantile – “The Simple Life" - LIMEADE
Sotd : 28-06-2020
Razor : Vikings Blade - The Emperor Adjustable Safety Razor, MEIJI Edition (Vintage Bronze & Raven Black)
Blade : Astra – Superior Platinum (groen) (1)
Brush : Omega - EVO Silvertip fibre - Special Veteran
Aftershave Balm : Zingari Man – Unscented (Sego)
Eau de Toilette : Guerlain – Guerlain Man

DSC_0159-01.jpeg

Sunday shave corner.jpg

Sunday’s Shave

Today I used my UK Aristocrat razor with a Dorco st300 platinum blade for the 2nd shave. I love the razor, but this is one blade I will not reorder. The soap is PAA Big Shave Southwest -CK6– an excellent soap. The brush is a Paladin Chief. I did my usual four-pass shave on my face and two-pass on my head. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance was Yves Saint Laurent.

Sunday
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap / Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Red-tip SuperSpeed
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2019 Summer Edition
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Alum/Quinn’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Balm: 444

SOTD 06/28/2020

Si os apetece un afeitado fresquito con éstos calurosos días, nada mejor que coger la crema del frigo habiéndola dejado unas horas antes y veréis que gratificante, el toque final el Fórmula K también fresquito dejado en el frigo.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: MERKUR 45 Baquelita roja y negra

Blade: GILLETTE Platinum

Brush: PALADIN Falstaff 28 mm Butterscotch

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: INGRAM cream

Aftershave: MYRSOL Fórmula K​

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, I going to make it a tradition if possible to shave with one of my Schick injectors every Sunday!

Razor: Schick injector i2 Hyro-magic type- Mfg 1954-57, great razor with a Personna injector blade in it, I find the Personna blade sharper for these milder injector razors and this morning was no exception. Great shave!
Blade: Personna injector SS PTFE (4)- Sharp and reasonably smooth, very nice after shave #2>I have experienced for improved smoothness, Awesome IMO.
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Nice citrus scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- great brush and easy to maintain and does all what a brush is suppose to do from my many uses- great little brush!
Pre-shave:brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. Very stimulating!
Post shave: Proraso green with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Just a excellent shave with my Schick injector i2 Hydro magic.

Sunday Schick shave, June 28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
C58B3ECA-27FB-4C41-A40D-55EA144681D5.jpeg
4143C2EC-F7A2-4B9D-9030-47756DBF573D.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY, JUNE 28, 2020

Hubris towards the shave Gods was the theme that unfortunately governed this morning’s shave. I guess I was feeling kind of cocky! Yesterday’s shave generated a lot of supportive comments from many of my straight shaving friends. Well, I thought, intrepid, disabled yet innovative shave adventurer that you are, you don't need no stinkin’ 3 lb forearm weights. Guess what! I sure do. Starting with my dominant left side I picked up my Dovo and ended up with a tremor induced nick on my upper left cheek and then stupidly repeated the nick with my non-dominant right arm.

Fortunately, neither was serious. Chastised by the Shave Gods, I put the Dovo down, and proceeded to strap on my forearm weights and pick up the Dovo. My intention was to address the nicks which were each streaming a thin line of blood down each cheek, just as dear SWMBO decided to enter. She took one look at me, shook her head, muttered “idiot, I told him” and about faced out the door. Today is my youngest grandson’s birthday. My punishment for hubris will be the “I told you so” lecture I’ll have to sit through on the 30 minute ride to my son’s house.

Back to the shave! The shave was otherwise great following the brief hiccup described above. The two pass (WTG, ATG) mug straight shave again left me at the CCS level, which my Valet Auto Strop (VAD) VC1 cleaned up nicely bringing me to the VBBS smoothness level expected. The dome shave was the usual two pass (WTG, ATG) excellent shave. I’m seriously wondering whether it’s physically possible to nick myself with one of my five VAS razors.

Inspired by our supreme gadgeteer and razor builder, Evan (@MrEE), I plan to begin stropping my Feather FHS-10 blades. It should prove to be an interesting experiment. Hopefully, stropping two blades won’t put me in a coma! I feel cool, clean and velveteen, which should help on the 30 minute ride to my grandson’s. Yeesh!!

RAZOR: Dovo Special (Mug) Valet Auto Strop VC1
BLADE: Feather FHS-10
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 w/ 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule
PREP: Cold water rinse and Chel Cooling Gel as a Preshave
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Krampert’s Frostbite.

Sunday, 6/28:

20200628_115625.jpg

Razor - Gillette prewar Tech
Blade - Feather
Brush - TurnNShave 26mm Oumo "chubby" SHD Manchurian badger
Soap - Barrister & Mann Reserve Cool
A/S - Proraso Blue

The brush performed fabulously. I figured that with the low loft and high density, the knot would be resistant to splaying, but it splays very nicely and has excellent backbone to boot. Lovely scrub with wonderfully soft tips. Holds a ton of water too; gave me a very wet Reserve lather with almost no added water. Man oh man do I love the Cool scent; supremely invigorating.

What I've heard others say about the fat handle Tech is true: it is definitely a little bit more aggressive than the ball-end. I can certainly feel the blade more, but it ain't bad. It has really nice balance, I love the feel of the handle, angle was intuitive, and shaved like a dream. I knew I wanted one of these for a reason! It gave me a very close shave with no nicks or irritation. Great razor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom