Status
Not open for further replies.
A684BA41-9C09-44F2-B906-BF585523841A.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
5AECE296-CF75-43A7-86CC-D78322674F97.jpeg
1) Italy: Pre-shave Proraso Green Jar.
2) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
3) Italy: Shaving Cream Proraso Green Tube.
4) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
5) Italy: Aftershave Balm Proraso.
6) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Saturday Night Shave

I spent a bit too long enjoying my cooling shower and shave to post this up last night. Chronos is a very apt name for the cream/soap I used as I was short on time.

Prep: Shower, Boots’ Cucumber Facial Wash & Scrub
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: Cyril R Salter Pure Badger
Cream/Soap: Goodfellas Smile Chronos

10/10

Chronos is labelled as a soap but described as a cream on a few websites I’ve seen it on now - to me it’s more like a cream but it is another excellent product from Goodfellas‘ Smile. The scent is fantastic - supposedly inspired by Invictus (Paco Rabanne) although my first impression brought back Calvin Klein Escape for Men. Very slick, which is to be expected perhaps with the presence of four oils in the ingredients including Jojoba and Argan.
Futur with Feather blade on setting six was great - no nicks and felt great with a cold water shave on what was a very humid day in the UK!

C5788E3B-EBFD-4030-86B0-608CC0904B5C.jpeg

Date:- 28 June 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Gratiot League Square
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 attach to iKon Bulldog / Polsilver Super Iridium #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

Book 13 of 21.
proxy.php

SOTD : 28th June 2020.

38.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Wilko ~ Men's Face Wash + shaving Oil.

Brush: Vie-Long Horsehair.

Face Lather.

Soap : Lea Shave Stick.

Blade: Chinese Gillette Wilkinson Sword .(2)

Razor: Merkur ~ 39C.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint eucalyptus, Tea Tree , lemon essential Oils + menthol crystals Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version)

Aloe Vera Gel.

A relaxing sunday morning shave....After the near BBS shave i had yesterday only 2 + pick passes were all that was necessary to make my face silky smooth again.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Sun 28 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Blue BarberShop 1st Use
Bowl Timeless
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm 2 Band Badger
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Feather 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Gatsby Splash
Good creamy & slick lather from the soap but scent is abit mild and not really my type...for now.
Shave with razor paired with blade feels really smooth and comfortable. Feather blade is truly the sharpest. Can feel it mowing down stubbles even at the most difficult area without any tugs & skips. Despite being very careful with pressure and angle...absolutely cannot make even the slightest mistake while using a Feather! Caught a nick when mistakenly put the razor against the skin at wrong angle. Mysterious weepers too. 3+1 multiple passes and inspite of mistakes...one of the closest shave. Rating 8/10 eventhough a BBS result.
20200628_102912.jpg

20200628_110827.jpg

Early Sunday

Razor: 1962 Tech
Blade: Personna Lab (8)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Cella
AS: Pinaud Clubman

Ah fabulous shave tonight. The Cella is pure luxury. Love its aroma.
No nicks, nor redness post shave.
Face is feeling great. The blade is cutting fine still and is actually buttery smooth. I like when a blade gets that way. ....makes shaving such a pleasure. The razor is my go to one. Weird, I have so many other more pricey vintage razors but gravitate towards the Tech. I prize their mildness and have no problem getting a BBS shave with them. This one cost me no more than 5 dollars at a collectible store. It was unused in its cardboard box with a price on the box printed as costing only 49 cents. A working man’s razor!

I've had absolutely beautiful shaves over the last 3 weeks. Finally binned the derby in favour of a Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge. The Gillette blades are definitely one of my favourite blades, they maintain their sharpness longer than the feathers for me, but are admittedly less sharp on the first few shaves.

I decided to give the body shop maca root another try after my bad experience with it last year, i found it lacked slickness. So i used more cream, ( about the size of two peas) which is more than i usually use compared to my tube creams. And low and behold, beautifully slick, cushioning lather! I loved it so much, that i used it for 6 shaves before moving on to my col conk lime puck, which requires longer loading than usual (around 20-25 seconds against my usual 15) because the puck is quite a bit smaller so the surface area in contact with the brush is smaller too.

Overall fantastic shaves, and I'll definitely be re-writing the review i posted on this cream last year.

Shave 1:
Razor: Gillette aristocrat barber pole
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic
Soap: uncle Jon's pipe smoke
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (1)
Aftershave balm: prep

Shaves 2,3,4:
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Cream: the body shop maca root
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (2,3,4)
Aftershave balm: the body shop maca root razor relief

Shaves 5,6,7:
Cream: the body shop maca root
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (5,6,7)

Shaves 8,9,10:
Soap: col conk lime
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (8,9,10)
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom