What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 21st - June 27th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php
One of my favorite razor ... Or maybe you tried EH plate??

H Plate, gape - 1.02 mm

EH plate - 1.27 mm

I was wondering whether to make a pad for a razor blade ... 0.25 mm thick to see what the difference would be.

Last edited:
SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
Paladin PK 47
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Timeless SB .68
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Fourth shave with the Timeless and Med Prep combo. This razor continues to impress me. It gives me the smoothest shaves of any of my razors. Whipped up some great lather with the PK 47. Another excellent shave.

Leaf Thorn/Treet Plat. First run. Subie on YouTube likes this with twin blades so that's how I started. Much milder than I expected but I love the way it handles. About a B+ in efficiency on my head (with one blade or two), so there was some benefit to using the Enders/Proline combo which picked up some things the Thorn wanted to leave behind. The Treet isn't the sharpest tool in the shed on first use, I'll give another go with a sharper blade next run. Overall I really love this thing. It won't displace my Enders Speed but it is a joy to use.
proxy.php

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
ASRazor shave, Tue, June 22nd 2021

Razor: Star bar #4 lather catcher(Kampfe brothers, Brooklyn NY)- Mfg 1919-20, excellent daily driver, Tame mid range, one of the best razors I own and enjoy going back in time during the roaring 1920's.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely and very predictable.
Soap: Razorock blue barber, nice scent and excellent lather qualities.(great using a newer Generation synthetic brush IMO)
Brush: Chinese 21mm synthetic, OK lather generator, soft tips, great scrub + OK lather painter. First synthetic brush I owned 4 years ago and the newer generation synthetics have come a long way. Great inexpensive travel brush, mainly what I used it for.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS, no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Star bar #4 lather catcher with a coated Gem blade.
ASR shave, Tue, June 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom