proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: APR Bay City
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler(1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Bootleggers El Dorado Aftershave Splash
Scent: Portus Cale Black EdT

A very nice 3 pass shave with my favourite Bay Rum soap. The fresh Spoiler blade, inexorably clamped clamped by the precise tolerances of the WR1, was as buttery smooth as it was deadly efficient.

Sunday, 6/7:

View attachment 1110258

Razor - Mergress Adjustable
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - Paladin PK-47 "Graphite" 26mm 2-band select badger
Soap - Catie's Bubbles Waterlyptus
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

Excellent! I am loving this Mergress! Such a smooth adjustable. It shaves so well. I started off loading the brush a good deal; CB loads really easily. Ended up with the best lather I've gotten from Catie's; creamy, shiny, thick stuff, great glide and residual. Brush felt great, firm, good splay, lovely scrub. The Astra in the razor went to work with super smooth action. Started at setting 3, second pass 2.5, and these settings were just about perfect for me. And boy does this razor sing! It is loud. I actually really enjoyed the audio feedback, it really added to the experience. I ended up with more redness on part of my neck, probably because I wasn't being careful enough with the new method I've been using. But the shave was really close and smooth, and my face feels awesome.
Glad you like the Mergress. I’ve got an original Progress..... turned up on high it shaves like a straight razor. Excellent razor.

This is my second video, and yws there is a lot to improve in this video, I made it with my phone, need to get a better camera.

Straight razor: Koraat (24kt gold plated). Yes there are some scratches from the honing
Soap:Ariana&Evans Kaizen
After-shave:Ariana&Evans Kaizen
Brush:Wolf and Whiskers Raptor Gray with Declaration Grooming B8 knot

Also made a YouTube video today (my second shavevlog)
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom