Not open for further replies.
An almost exclusive German shave today
Balea Men synthetic brush
Balea Men shaving cream
Muhle Rocca R96
Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Nivea 2 in 1 refreshing aftershave
IMG_20200606_133734196.jpg

Today's shave was much smoother than the last time I used the Rocca with the same blade.
Probably the first was due to the fact it was the first time using it and with a new soap.
With this cream I achieved very good results. Feeling smooth and refreshed.

Sat shave puzzle.jpg

Saturday’s Shave

Today I used my Timeless SS SB .68 razor that is loaded with a Personna Lab blade for the first shave with this combo. I really like this razor and blade combination. The soap is Grooming Department Asinus Soap. The brush is a Maggards 28 mm synthetic. The lather was rich and slick. I did my usual four-pass shave on my face and two-pass on my head. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect. The fragrance was Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

Saturday, 6/6:

20200606_083554.jpg

Razor - Asylum RX
Blade - Schick Proline
Brush - CaYuen Workshop "Abalone Burl" 24mm tuxedo
Soap - Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Damn this thing shaves close. It is a little more aggressive than I like with the Schick, so I'll either go back to the ProGuard next time or try a Feather Pro. A nice silky lather from the soap provided a TON of slickness. Seriously, CC is so slick it just doesn't go away. I'm really loving this brush too; CaYuen uses a very good tuxedo knot. Super close result and feeling really good.

Sat 6.6.20 SOTD
Soap Rasozero Agrumella
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Edwin Jagger DE89L
Blade Tiger Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic Acid
Reuzel Wood & Spice
Much better lather from the soap today. Load directly from the tub for 50secs and face lather. Initially pasty but slowly and surely...wow! Thick, creamy and reasonably slick lather. Nice mild lemony scent. Shave today with razor and blade was somehow better than yesterday. Really smooth, sharpish & comfortable. Must be from the slicker lather.
3 multiple passes plus some buffing resulted in a mostly BBS with small area DFS at lower neck. 9.5/10 rating today.
20200606_103504.jpg
20200606_111444.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Fri, June 5 2020- forgot to upload. :001_smile

Razor : Valet Auto Strop C1 Canadian Variant - Mfg 1920's, Gab has been altered to .007 thousands of a inch to smooth out the shaves. It is a lot more enjoyable for me to use with the smaller gap that was approx .011 before.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) Great blade.
Soap: Razorock What the Puck Lime- great soap with strong lime scent, good summer time soap IMO, triple milled.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft 24 mm - great brush and reminds me of a well broke in Boar brush.
Preshave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + Pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave+ a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Valet auto strop C1 model.

SE SOTD, Fri (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, June 6th 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant -MFG 2017> nailed this shave this morning with good technique, great shave.
Blade : Personna red (4)- Personna just makes great blades that every wet shaver should at least try once IMO.
Soap: Razorock XXX- I enjoy the scent and it makes great lather with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaki Timberwolf whiskers 24mm synthetic- excellent dense brush for light scrubbing, splaying, painting on lather + soft tips. I use a lather bowl and it will stir up some nice lather in no time, the beauty of synthetics.....
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop aloe clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX aftershave with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive skin balm.
Results:CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant with a Personna red.
SOTD, Sat, June 6th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SATURDAY, 6 June 2020

Pre: CeraVe Bar
Lather: Real Shaving Co. Cream
Brush: H.I.S Synth
Bowl: Silicone dog feeder
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Silver Star (5)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: Ted Lapidus
Two day's growth today, so I had to lather up for two passes.
(Normally, I just make one ATG pass, plus a clean up.
Today required a WTG first pass.)

Stay healthy, everyone!

2886E0E8-7879-4266-85BE-DD3BF3E862A5.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY, JUNE 6, 2020

Today I decided to shave with the final, and only, model of Valet Auto Strop (VAS) razor with a safety bar instead of an open comb, the Model VC4. All models of Auto Strop razor are great shavers. The only difference with this, the final model (1941-1946) that I can discern is a bit of a narrower sweet spot when contrasted with its predecessors. The shave yesterday with my Model VB2, made from 1927 into the 1930s by Gillette, marked the beginning of the blade holder indents that precluded the use of any blade but an Auto Strop according to Waits’s Compendium. Models prior to the VB2 work just fine with a modified Gem blade. All VAS razors work with the modern Feather FHS-10 or FAS-10 blade.

It appears that I’m developing an addiction to Nancy Boy Signature Shave cream. The post shave feel continues to build over the course of consecutive shaves, and, dare I say, is easily equivalent to, if not superior to MWF. Your humble narrator was a confirmed MWF super fan, until his encounter with Nancy Boy Signature. This quiet little company out of San Francisco does no traditional marketing, but rather has relied on word-of-mouth to build their business since 2002. This strategy has garnered them numerous awards over the years. Sharpologist acknowledged them in 2020 as “having limited availability, but stellar performance with or without a brush”. I’ve never used it without a brush, but I can see how, given its consistency- thick and rich creamy paste - it would perform well.

After showering and then rinsing with cold water, I pulled out a product I’d purchased several months ago and never used, Chel Cooling Gel, which is apparently equally effective pre or post shave. After applying it to both mug and noggin, I spent some time reorganizing my den before applying the Nancy Boy lather directly Over it with the Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378. The synthetic menthol definitely behaved differently than the real deal. The aloe and other skin-friendly ingredients in the Chel felt great on both shave surfaces and continued to slowly and gradually build throughout the two and 1/2 passes (WTG, ATG, ATG) of the shave. Quite frankly, “me likee”! The one caution provided was to ensure one washed their hands after applying, as it is apparently very eye unfriendly. The VAS VC4, while it does have a narrower sweet spot is an exemplary shaver and gently eased yours truly into velveteen BBS land (VBBS). The Chel cool lasted at least an hour and a half into the morning post shave. I feel clean, extremely cool and refreshed.

RAZOR: Valet Auto Strop (Model VC4)
BLADE: Feather FHS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Chel Cooling Gel as Preshave
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Nancy Boy Cooling After-Shave Gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom