Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, 6/2:

20200602_090121.jpg

Razor - Asylum RX
Blade - Feather ProGuard
Brush - That Darn Rob "Nocturne" 26mm Fanchurian
Soap - Declaration Grooming Mayflower
A/S - OneBlade balm

This shave was awesome. That Darn Rob, Fanchurian, incredible, etc. etc... This is the first time I've used DG, and this Icarus base creates an exceptional lather: shiny, gooey, hydrates easily and pretty quickly, excellent glide, cushion, and post-shave. It has it all. The ProGuard in the RX was fantastic. This thing is like the Timeless of SEs in its smoothness. Such a terrific close shave, no irritation, redness, just total comfort. My new approach to the neck area worked out great. Right on.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue June 2nd 2020

Razor: Oneblade core version 2 - MFG 2018>V2 Great milder daily shaver, my#1 of lately it seems.Showing some wear over the last 8 months, but still going strong.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (1) great blade for this razor IMO.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- excellent soap for scent and lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm synthetic - excellent brush for scrubbing,splay and painting IMO.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea sensitive balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: another great shave with Oneblade core v2.

SOTD, Tue,June 2nd,2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Today's Shave:
Maggard Razors MR8
Muhle R41 (2013) Head
Fresh Supermax Titanium blade
Stirling Soap Co. Island Man
Maggard Razors 26mm Synthetic Brush
Not Pictured:
Post Shave - Dr. Thayers Witch Hazel with Coconut Water

IMG_20200531_103034-01.jpeg

The shave was fantastic!
While I love Stirling soaps, this was my first shave time with Island Man and just as expected, it lathered up great and smelled great. While it is a citrus heavy sent, some floral notes really came out during the shave and that is when it won me over. Where it was a new soap I knew I wanted to use my Maggard Razors 26mm Brush because it always delivers great lather quickly and abundantly! It also just feels great on my face. I don't always want BBS shaves but this time I wanted easy BBS so I chose the R41 Head with a Supermax Titanium Blade. This combo has consistently given me the smoothest shave in just one or two passes. Adding the heft of the MR8 handle gives this razor combo the ability to do the work all by itself. After a cold water rinse and a quick splash of a coconut-y witch hazel, I feel ready for summer.​

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
TUESDAY, 2 June 2020

Pre: CeraVe Bar*
Lather: Body Shop Maca Root
Brush: Stirling Kong Synth
Bowl: Silicone dog feeder
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: Club de Nuit
*Kudos to the B&Br who started using this.
(I know I've seen your SOTD posts.)
Works great as a pre-shave.

Stay healthy, everyone!

IMG_4300.jpg

Brush: JohnB/Dogwood Handcrafts Acrylics w/ 26mm Timberwolf
Razor: British Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (1)
Lather: Barrister and Mann - Nordost - Soap
Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Nordost - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Fresca Intensa - Eau de Toilette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom