IMG_5326.jpeg

Monday, 6/1:

20200601_085904.jpg

Razor - Mergress
Blade - Voskhod
Brush - TurnNShave "Cosmos" 26mm Silversynth
Cream - WSP Barbershop
A/S - Proraso Blue

This Mergress seems fun. Started at 2.5 for first pass, 2 for second and touch-ups. Strokes were a little scrape-y, probably because of the blade. Next time I'll put one of my Astras in it. Really nice lather from the cream; love this stuff. Results are pretty good; not as close as I've been getting, but very nice, minimal redness, and my face feels excellent. Looking forward to more uses with this.

Well I did mention that B&M Tuesday is a favourite as is today’s soap of the day Seville! It is one of my fav barbershop scents. Just so good with a nice citrus kick. I stand by the statement I could use both exclusively but what fun would that be?!

Today’s razor the Merkur Mergress 500 or regular handle. I am not one for long handles and my Progress is also a regular handle version. Just a great razor and though some say the Mergress is superior to a Progress, I simply see it as a hot rodded version of the same.

Lovely two pass shave with a little buffing and DFS achieved. Not a lot of work for the Mergress today but still a thoroughly enjoyable shave. Quick spritz of Acqua di Parma Colonia Ezzenza and ready for the work week! Stay safe and enjoy your shaves!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Mergress 500
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2
Lather: Barrister & Mann Seville
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Seville
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Acqua di Parma Colonia Essenza
F87FD074-24DB-4E00-86E2-715982E29474.jpeg

072DA999-ED6B-47B3-8610-4832772DD505.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY, JUNE 1, 2020

I decided to kick off June by continuing my experiment with the use of a modified AC Feather Super blade in my SS Supply V2. My shave buddy from down under, Russell, was curious as to how many shaves I could achieve with this modified blade. Well, the answer is three and a half, at least with this blade. The problem for me is that working with modified Feather Super blades and Parkinson’s don’t play well together. The blade is too wide to be reloaded into a keyed injector blade magazine. Loading the blade manually was a pain in the petoot. It took a great deal of fumbling during which I accidentally sliced the index finger on my non-dominant hand. Russell routinely gets up to half a dozen shaves, but I don’t believe he’s a head shaver.

I began my shave this morning, after my regular cold water rinse, on the right side of my face. The blade began to tug at the very end of the first WTG pass. Having traveled this road with my AC razors, I injected a new Schick B-20 Proline from an empty keyed Schick magazine I recently reloaded and continued the shave. It was as Safe and effortless As loading an injector blade is supposed to be. Proline blades were my blade of choice for my AC razor before discovering Feather Super blades which are a bit sharper, but much cheaper than Prolines. So I’ll conclude that Feather Supers are my preferred blade for my three AC razors, but I’ll be sticking with Prolines for my injector razors.

The fifth consecutive shave with the SS Supply V2 this morning was every bit as good as the preceding four shaves. I’ll probably stick with Prolines with this razor as the closeness difference isn’t noticeable. The brush for today was the Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute fitted with the new 26mm Boar knot ferrule. I returned to the wonderful Nancy Boy Signature Shave cream enhanced with 6 drops Of M-Bomb which I’ll shave with for the rest of this month. The post shave skin feel is awesome. Two passes (WTG, ATG) left me feeling velveteen smooth, clean, cool and refreshed.

RAZOR: SS Supply V2
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute fitted w/ 26mm Boar ferrule
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

June Day: (June 1, 2020)

Brush: Dogwood B4
Razor: Gillette English Flat Bottom Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet (67)
Lather: Chiseled Face Trade Winds
Post Shave: Summer Break Soaps Field Day
Frag: Ferrari Fragrance - Bright Neroli

New soap day today - this is a fresh sea-side scent that is supposed to have some old spice scent. To me, I didn't quite get much old spice but I did get the ocean vibe from it - it has the salty air scent to it. Very nicely done and a good scent for a spring/summer day. The soap base was excellent and made for a slick shave, and left my skin feeling smooth after the shave.

Flat Bottom tech is kicking butt in the performance dept - this razor feels smooth and getting very close to BBS is not taking a lot of effort these days.

Have a great Monday folks.

proxy.php

Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top "G-Bar"
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Razor: PAL Injectomatic
Blade: Personna injector
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented