Not open for further replies.
3D2213C3-1412-4019-8EDD-939BEB013BEE.jpeg

Soap: Raso Zero Agrumella
Brush: Maggards Synthetic
Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Aftershave: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

Friday's shave 1.jpg

Let the weekend begin. It is amazing how AZ has mornings that are so beautiful and then heat up so much. As to the shave, my fourth and last day with GD Amare. I used my Omega Hi synthetic brush today. This is one synthetic that has some backbone to it. As a result, for me, it makes superb lather. I used my second favorite razor: Timeless SS SB .68 loaded with a Personna Lab blade. A great combination. The aftershave today was Thayers Rose Petal WH and Neutrogena Triple Protect.

Have a great weekend folks.

Ariana & Evans | Peach & Cognac
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
Radio 1912 | Gem PTFE

proxy.php

Ariana & Evans' Peach & Cognac is as-advertised with a surprisingly elegant dry down. It opens with a hyper-realistic, freshly sliced, ripe peach. There's some time spent with this initially singular note before it subtly boozes into more of a peach daiquiri with bright citrus highlights painting an image of this alcoholic peach beverage garnished with lemon and orange wedges. The entirety of the shave shares equal time between natural and boozy peach. The splash revisits the exact same natural peach element followed by a little more sophisticated booze by way of cognac along with a modest tobacco element. There's a brief moment of woodiness intermingled with the peach that is reminiscent of a peach pit. The dry down gradually drifts away from the gourmand nature in favor of clean leather and soft, slightly powdery sandalwood. This is a very strongly scented soap and splash. The lather alone fills the bathroom with this peachy goodness, and the splash's dry down is still going strong 4 hours post shave.
Holy Cow....almost was speechless! Great review...I can almost smell it from across the globe! It makes me want to buy it immediately...hahahahaha

SOTD - Friday 19 June 2020

proxy.php

• Straight Razor: Koraat - 8/8 Near Wedge Spanish Point
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming / Elite Razor - Black Ash Burl LE B5 - 26mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Declaration Grooming - Milksteak 88 Chestnut Street
  • After-Shave: Tcheon Fung Sing - Vecchia Torino

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, June 19th 2020

Razor: Gillette British rocket SS -Mfg 1950's
Blade: Kia SS (4) Blade is .009 thousands of a inch wider, Sharp & smooth, premium cost, minimal efficiency improvement with Gillette razors it seems.Improved blade exposure on two other razors had better efficiency.(testing)
Soap: Razorock XXX- great scent and lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a tiny dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = :a17: Great shave with my Gillette British rocket SS.
SOTD, Fri, June 19th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Friday, 6/19:

20200619_105714.jpg

Razor - Merkur 15C
Blade - Feather
Cream - Cremo original
A/S - OneBlade balm

This shave was all about getting it done quickly. It may not be a fancy lathering shaving soap, but Cremo definitely gets the job done. Very nice performance from the 15C with the Feather in it. Done in five or so minutes, and shave is close and comfortable. Boom!

Ah man, what a wonderfully tropical shave today. It almost makes me forget I should be in Bali right now.

My hybrid CharcoalGoodwill #160 is a dream, a vintage/modern classic!

Razor: CharcoalGoodwill #160
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Soap: Stirling Margarita's in the Attic
Brush: Rudy Vey AS3M Dark Knight w/Shavemac D01 3 Band Fan
Aftershave: Stirling Island Man
The Little Hula Girl​

IMG_5402.jpeg

8E5C22D4-8730-4732-83E5-0EA66D433BD7.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY, JUNE 19, 2020

The weighted forearm gig continues to work well, despite SWMBO’s conviction that she will hear a thump and rush in to discover my decapitated noggin on the floor! SWMBO learned the tale of the Tybee Island face slashing almost 5 yrs ago from my daughter-in-law who treated me that morning. Let’s just say she’s not a fan of my straight shaving pursuits.

Despite all that, the first WTG mug pass with the Dovo Special was a success, anddid take a little less time than yesterday. The Valet Auto Strop VC4 with the standardM-Bombed Nancy Boy accompaniment performed in its usual exemplary manor tocomplete the shave and bloodlessly deliver your happy narrator to velveteen BBS landin short order. I feel cool, clean, and velveteen!

RAZOR: Dovo Special and Valet Auto StropVC4
BLADE: Feather FHS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Chel Cooling Gel used as a preshave
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature ScentCooling After-Shave Gel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom