Soap: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Preshave: PAA Cube
Brush: Mojo Handcrafts Hybrid with 70/30 Maggard knot
Aftershave: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
20200619_171335.jpg

34C and a fresh Astra SP
Semogue 2000
Georgetown Pottery G5 scuttle
ABB Principe Real cream (about an inch and a half in the scuttle)
cold water rinse
ABB Ribeira do Porto ASL

Preshave: PAA Ice tube 2.0
Soap: Queen Charlotte Soap Cayman
Brush: Omega 48
Razor: GEM Micromatic w/GEM ptfe blade
Post Shave: PAA unscented Star Jelly followed by PAA Boomtown Bay Rum

Sunday Evening Shave

Pre
- Shower, facial wash & scrub
Razor - King C Gillette
Brush - Semogue 830 Boar
Blade - King C Gillette (3)
Cream - Musgo Real Oakmoss
Post - Proraso Aftershave Lotion & L’Oréal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Post Shave Gel

Rating: 10/10

IMG_20200621_202758_edit.jpg

I’m still satisfied with the King C. It’s been a few weeks since I last used it. Went for a cold water shave again. I have to laugh now at L’Oréal for having ‘ice cool effect‘ on the post shave gel: they ought to try Fine Snake Bite! It’s nice to use something I used a lot back in my cartridge days though. I like the smell of that oakmoss cream, it’s quite refreshing.
DAE9AA6B-0719-450E-8ABD-C11F8DF24672.jpeg

Sunday Shave 1.jpg

Today I used my Timeless SS SB .68 with a Personna Lab blade. This is the fifth shave with the blade. The soap is Tabac with a Bigelow Super Badger brush. The aftershave today consisted of Thayers Rose Petal WH and Pinaud Clubman. The fragrance was Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

Tonight's shave.

Razor - Atlas 888 its between a 6/8" and 7/8" it gives a really smooth comfortable shave. I tried my HESS No. 1 but it wasnt working. I took a razor that was smooth and ran it across the Jnat to test the comfort on a Jnat and yeah blade is worse now. Gonna have to just focus on 12k synth for now.

Strop - 3" latigo with Flax Linen. Hardware and linen is from Tony Miller. The Latigo is from a Grim Blades strop.

Brush - Grizzly Bay with 26mm 2-band

Soap - Stirling Haverford

Aftershave- Stirling Haverford

20200621_210228_compress89.jpg
20200621_210307_compress31.jpg
20200621_210255_compress10.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SUNDAY, 21 June 2020

Pre: CeraVe Bar
Brush: Stirling Kong 26mm synth
Lather: Stirling Orange Chill
Bowl: Silicone dog feeder
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Nacet (1)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: 4711*

*Because this stuff is so fleeting,
(and inexpensive) I just poured it on.
Instant refresher on a hot, muggy day.

Stay healthy, everyone!

WOnderful Razor! Nice new toy Tom :) How are you liking it so far? How does it compare to your beloved Charcoal Good razor? Congrats My Friend.
Greetings and thank you Marius!

As far as the shave, the DB2020 is the best razor I have owned after two shaves. The efficiency is spot on with my desired result and it is the smoothest razor I have ever tried (including the famed Gillette Hybrid Tech). I do not love the handle. I really enjoy some texture/knurling on my razor handles. I am not sure how I will address this issue if I do at all. I love my CG level 2 for different reasons. It does shave great (not nearly as smooth as the DB2020), but it also is the coolest razor I own either with the Stinger 1 or magnum hammered handle. The CG feels great in the hand.

I am due up for a new Wolfman on their list this week or next, have three inbound re-plated vintage Gillette's this week, so I will have a few new options to play with and weigh my satisfaction with each. I then plan to settle down with my den and enjoy. Good times for sure!

I hope all is great with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom