SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 14th - June 20th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thu 17 SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger New 1st Use
Razor Fatip OC Slant
Blade Willy's Premium 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Soap is good but today's lather from the brush although slick enough was abit thin and foamy...possibly unfamiliar with this new brush which is kinda stout and somehow the creamy lather was swallowed up...hahaha, interesting indeed.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good enough and reasonably smooth for a dfs finish. The blade feels abit struggling around the neck area. It's time for the blade to be ditched. Aftershaves were awesome!
View attachment 1282797
Good looking brush. Congrats.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GD Amare
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
The Zenith made fast work making lather with the GD Amare soap. I have not used the UK Aristocrat in some time. A genuinely nice razor – one of my favorite vintage razors. With the Personna Lab blade, it made for a close, smooth shave.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, June 17th 2021

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- Mfg 2016>, Excellent mid range, first razor to get a true BBS with, some blade tab overhang, 2 pass with some pickups is all I need because of efficentcy of this slant. Good inexpensive razor head to have in the shave den.
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword saloon, excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity, Good value for your hard earned $ IMO.
Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, light scented with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Dandelion Cashmere 24mm knot, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter. Very nice deep green handle, handle has a very nice feel in the hand.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my RR German 37 slant + a Gillette Wilkinson coated blade.
DE SOTD, Thur, June 17th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Two peas in a very inexpensive pod, the Turkish Yuma and Polish Lux. Although eyeballed the 5g heavier Lux appears to have greater exposure than the Yuma it feels more secure and smoother, the Yuma yields greater feedback. Efficiency with both is superb, BBS with no need for pick ups with my usual suspects. Although either could be my daily driver I'll give a slight edge to the Lux.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Razor: Wilkinson - W12 Empire “Popular” 1949
Blade: Wilkinson - Empire Wedge Blade (1)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Mike’s Natural Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
Blade Honing: 1000-3000-8000-12000K & 0.1micron lapping

06DFA0A8-2C3A-4A91-B556-FC89498841A0.jpeg

Confidence building shave of the month!
My first experience with one of these Kooky,Krazy, Steam Punk Wilkinson Empire razors. They dont utilize disposable blades but reusable wedge shaped blades. My razor only came with one blade that needed some TLC
55F430E1-ED2A-4EF9-AC05-54318CB258EE.jpeg

I’ve never tried this before, but I had no choice but to get out the sharpening stones and start honing.
I started at 1000k and finished at 0.1 micron. Cross your fingers. I also gave it 20 strops on the leather for good luck
BD955FA2-E4AA-4C27-9416-6A262727AD6E.jpeg

I had no idea if my first stroke would reward me or rip a piece of my face off. I even mixed up an extra thick bowl of Mikes lather to smooth the way.
Wow! This bade might be sharper than a Feather DE yet as smooth as silk. What an incredible shave. My confidence in my abilities has increase. The razor glided over my face to a super comfortable BBS. It was like I had no blade in the razor. I even started daydreaming…which can lead to disaster while shaving.

Great new experience with a whole different kind of razor. I’m still 😊 smiling.

SOD Thursday June 17, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Red Soap (3)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings: WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
Balm: Proraso Red

IMG_6511.jpg

Brush: Elite Maple Burl/Declaration Grooming B11
Soap: Summer Break Rope Swing
Razor: Haircut & Shave Z074
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum
Aftershave: Summer Break Rope Swing

Love the Summer Break summer seasonal soaps. Last year Cannonball, this year Rope Swing. Not only are the scents summery and evocative of their names, but the use of the WS-23 cooling agent really does give an incredible cool sensation. Just great on a humid summer day.
2021.06.17 - Z0 Rope Swing EliteDec copy.jpeg

Razor: Wilkinson - W12 Empire “Popular” 1949
Blade: Wilkinson - Empire Wedge Blade (1)
Brush: FS - 28mm G4 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Mike’s Natural Soaps - Hungarian Lavender
Aftershave: Fine - American Blend
Blade Honing: 1000-3000-8000-12000K & 0.1micron lapping

06DFA0A8-2C3A-4A91-B556-FC89498841A0.jpeg

Confidence building shave of the month!
My first experience with one of these Kooky,Krazy, Steam Punk Wilkinson Empire razors. They dont utilize disposable blades but reusable wedge shaped blades. My razor only came with one blade that needed some TLC
55F430E1-ED2A-4EF9-AC05-54318CB258EE.jpeg

I’ve never tried this before, but I had no choice but to get out the sharpening stones and start honing.
I started at 1000k and finished at 0.1 micron. Cross your fingers. I also gave it 20 strops on the leather for good luck
BD955FA2-E4AA-4C27-9416-6A262727AD6E.jpeg

I had no idea if my first stroke would reward me or rip a piece of my face off. I even mixed up an extra thick bowl of Mikes lather to smooth the way.
Wow! This bade might be sharper than a Feather DE yet as smooth as silk. What an incredible shave. My confidence in my abilities has increase. The razor glided over my face to a super comfortable BBS. It was like I had no blade in the razor. I even started daydreaming…which can lead to disaster while shaving.

Great new experience with a whole different kind of razor. I’m still 😊 smiling.
That is incredible!! I’m glad you’re still smiling!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom