Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: AP Shave Company 24mm SynBad Fan w/ Ivory Green Handle
Pre-Shave: Homemade Glycerin Soap
Lather: Arko Original
Aftershave: Stirling Deep Blue Sea
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
Stirling Deep Blue Sea EDT
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Razor: AutoStrop Valet VC1 (1922-1929?) Nickel
Blade: GEM (Personna) PTFE - modified (5)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Cashmere 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Stirling - Unscented with Beeswax
Aftershave: Stirling - Tea Tree (Splash)

7F4F4450-A14F-4547-B223-AB6CEC6596C3.jpeg

Catch that Buzzzzzzzzzzzz!🐝🐝🐝
I already have an excellent Unscented soap. Isn’t the whole point of “Unscented” that you only need one, as they all smell the same…no scent?
Well, great marketing, because when I saw “with Beeswax” I knew I had to try it. When I was pressing some into the bottom of my lather bowl I did notice it seemed denser than other Stirling soaps. Extra dense lather with a wonderful sheen to it. A little goes a long way as you can add lots of water.
Great soap, great protection. If they’re still making it after I finish this sample I’ll probably pick up a tub.
Tea Tree splash. The jury is still out. I picked it up for the healing properties, not the scent. It has that generic medicine/menthol scent commercial men’s grooming products like Brickel like to use.

This was mostly a test shave for a newly arrived Valet VC1. The razor felt pretty new and tight for 90 years old. I meant to use that modified GEM blade for more shaves, but I snapped it in half trying to remove it from the razor. Like I said, it’s tight with no slack.

Last edited:
SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Grooming Dept. Amare
Brush
Omega Hi Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve SB
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
The Omega is one of the synthetics with enough backbone to load easily. I just wish it were a tad larger. Nevertheless, a good lather and a very nice, smooth shave.

Razor: Rockwell Model T, Adjustable TTO
Blade: Israeli Personna (3)
Brush: WSP PRINCE, HD Silvertip,22mm

Soap: Huntlee Master Lather,Sweet Tobacco,
5 drops glycerin onto soap

Booster Mosswood Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

I got re-located to the second-choice bathroom this morning, but it turns out I still have some good stuff down there.

Brush: RR Bruce (the original). I have to say, I completely prefer the least of my badgers to any synth these days, but it's a darn good synth if you must.

Soap: Barrister and Mann Reserve Classic. I forgot how much I love this soap!

Razors: RR SLOC and GC .84OC. Nice combination that sadly left me with nothing for a third pass.

Blades: I have no idea. Haven't used the razors in a long time.

Cologne: Always D&G Light Blue. She doesn't like when I wear anything else.

Enjoy your shaves!

Haven't used either my plating challenged Senator or minty Ranger Tech in a while but wanted to established some context for the Aristocrat coming to visit me. This shave surprised me on two fronts. The Senator had more blade feel than I recalled, and the Ranger Tech was remarkably efficient despite being significantly milder than it's open comb cousin. No clean ups at all necessary on the Ranger Tech side of my head which is a great accomplishment for a mild razor. Fresh BIC blades in both I'm sure help a lot. Now the question is how to replate the Senator :)
proxy.php

Sent from my Google Chromebook Pixel (2015) using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
A.S.Razor shave, Tue, June 15th 2021-(Synthetic-Summer brush, June)

Razor: Gem push-button-MFG 1958-65, excellent razor, tame mid range, one of the nicest looking razors Gem made. Great daily driver for some folks. One of my favorites in the early stages of a new blade usage .
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild vanilla light smoke scent + excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, use this daily for over 2 years using CeraVe hand bar soap + once in a while like to use it with my shave soap lathering also. Hard brush to beat for daily use, very gentle around the eye area when face washing. This brush gets better with more use for softness. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nicest gentle scrub + great lather painter. This brush turned me into a Yaqi Fanboy with the 24mm Cashmere knot & Tuxedo knots.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gem push button with a Gem coated blade.
ASR shave Tue, June 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20210615_171623-01.jpeg

SOTD #162/2021
15-06-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Thäter 4125/1 2-band Silvertip Badger 24/56 Imperial Red LE
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Tuscany
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (setting 4-7-9)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (1)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS and witch hazel.

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom