Status
Not open for further replies.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Father's day Shave
My father's birth year razor
Vintage 1914 Gillette bulldog
PXL_20210620_114613517.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

A few years ago my dad was diagnosed with alzheimer's and it took him until 6 months ago to not being able to shave himself which I have been his go to for shaves since then. Yesterday I went over to give him this shave per his request.
PRE: PAA Chel
Soap: Gillette Foamy Lemon-Lime. His favorite for the longest time.
Razor: His Gillette Gold Ball End Tech w/Nacet Blade
AS: Brut also his all time favorite

While I was giving him a shave we always talk some, but lately he has not been as talkative about anything. Anyway yesterday while there he started chuckling, he then said" I was just thinking that it seemed like it wasn't that long ago that I taught you how to shave. I am sure glad I did because your sister has cut me the few times she has tried to shave me. That's why I told her she was banned from this task because I didn't have enough blood in my body the way she was going."
Heh heh...One side of my family has been ravaged with alzheimers and dementia. It's so sad and tragic but at the same time people you know and love can every once in a while say the most unexpected and hilarious things.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

A few years ago my dad was diagnosed with alzheimer's and it took him until 6 months ago to not being able to shave himself which I have been his go to for shaves since then. Yesterday I went over to give him this shave per his request.
PRE: PAA Chel
Soap: Gillette Foamy Lemon-Lime. His favorite for the longest time.
Razor: His Gillette Gold Ball End Tech w/Nacet Blade
AS: Brut also his all time favorite

While I was giving him a shave we always talk some, but lately he has not been as talkative about anything. Anyway yesterday while there he started chuckling, he then said" I was just thinking that it seemed like it wasn't that long ago that I taught you how to shave. I am sure glad I did because your sister has cut me the few times she has tried to shave me. That's why I told her she was banned from this task because I didn't have enough blood in my body the way she was going."
That is a great story! May you and your dad have many more pleasant days together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom