What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" June 11th - June 17th, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 12th June 2018.

View attachment 890025
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Soap : Wilkinson Sword Soap Bowl + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Concord Platinum.(1)

Razor: Merkur 39C .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lime, Lemon+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./Nivea Men ~ Creme.

4711 ~ A/S Cologne.

Greetings,

Over this week i've had some fantastic shaves,my shave set up today really worked, the addition of the glycerin drops to the W.S.soap bowl provides a superb slickness to the lather,for each pass, leaving my skin feeling soft & hydrated with no irritation or dryness.

I've finally got round to trying out the Concord Platinum blade..The verdict?...A very sharp blade, after doing some research on them, i found out they are made in the same factory as the'Derby Extra'.Possibly the most Love/Hate DE blade ever :eek:!, but i can honestly say i personally found the Concord blade suited to my rhino skin, very smooth,and paired together with my 39C brilliantly with no issues of tugging or pulling...Into my first year of traditional wet shaving i had a nasty bite from a "Derby Extra",'which neally put me off trad-wet shaving for good! but i carried on with endurance to over come getting the very nasty nick. The concord platinum blade is a completely different blade to the derby extra.

Thinking back now though,it was probably down to my technique,preparation and a dodgy pack of blades,..it does happen, like with any product that is mass produced..

All of my blades are hand stropped before use now,to take away any hidden or imaginary burrs from the blade edges , leaving it clean and error free..Maybe it's me been a paranoid android, but it works for me...'Once bitten,twice shy'.I now look forward to the maiden shave with the Bluebird Platinum blade, another blade from the Derby factory if it's anything like the concord platinum i'll be well pleased.

The 39C / Concord Platinum combo paired together excellently, shaving with ease...very sharp smooth, & efficient.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of 4711~ A/S Cologne.

My face is feeling smooth refreshed, & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
Excellent commentary, Barry.

Monday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Weber ARC
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Ariana & Evans 'Khalifa'
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / RazoRock Aftershave Wax

the GBE is proving to be a lovely blade, and 'Khalifa' is a soap that easily whips up into a wonderfully lush lather, that can hold A LOT of water, to provide a lovely slick, protective lather... the scent reminds me of 'Black Afgano', which in my book is a GOOD thing... finished off with the equally smoky RazoRock Aftershave Wax... RESULT!

Tuesday
Pre-shave: Jack Black Pure Clean Daily Facial Cleanser
Razor: Gillette 1940s Super Speed
Blade: Rapira Swedish Super Steel
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Tiki Bar Salty Air
Aftershave: Alum/ Humphrey’s Cucumber Melon Facial Toner
Balm: C.O. Bigelow Elixir Black

6/12/18
Martin de Candre
Plisson pour L'Occitane
11/16 Puma #91
Tony Miller 3" Premium Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Sir Irisch Moos
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Zoologist "Panda"
SOTD6-12-18.jpg

Tuesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Henri et Victoria Nautilus
Razor: Vintage Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium (19)
Brush: Henri et Victoria High Mountain White-22mmx55mm
Aftershave: Bulgari Blu

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Henri et Victoria Nautilus today. 20 seconds to load the Henri et Victoria High Mountain White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Wilkinson Sword “Light Brigade” NEW Chromium still in the Gillette Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Blu aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

SOTD 2018-06-12

Hot water
Parker 22R with Polsilver blade (3)
Skull 2band badger
De Vergulde Hand shave soap
Troinov eau de cologne

proxy.php

2018-06-12

Ikea bowl ¤ Edwin Jagger Silvertip ¤ Merkur Futur + Red Personna
Proraso shaving soap ¤ Proraso ASB ¤ Penhaligon's Esprit Du Roi EDT

proxy.php

'Tis a beauty, Murray. Is that the 4" handle on the Karve?

Thanks, Ron, for the nice note! Obviously, I need a new razor like proverbial hole in the head, but could not resist jumping for the Karve. This is the 3.5" handle. Shave yesterday was with the "D" plate, which shaved like a really smooth Fatip.

SOTD, Tuesday, June 12th, 2018

Shower at gym + Edge Gel face lather and rinse
Proraso Blue shave cream
Rubberset badger brush
Gillette Blue Tip safety razor + Nacet blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

proxy.php

JUNE 11, 2018
Last Night's Birthday Shave - picked one of my favorites - PAA Cold Spice. 2nd shave and consecutive day with the DURHAM DUPLEX and the Personna Pathology Carbon Blade - I am REALLY enjoying this unique shave, its a very thick blade - it will be tuggy if you don't swipe with conviction - not the blade you want to be timid and slow - you gotta swipe away - and Man what a CLOSE and triple efficiency - I did not think i would like it so much - no issues with the blade at all and I cant imagine a better blade - i did nothing to it - just un wrap and shave - had to clean it with alcohol when done as it seemed to rust fast than most blades, i forgot to do that after the first shave and it was mess after 2 hours - but this time i cleaned it and it was fine...

Brush = Jayaruh 256 - Faux Horse "400" type...

peace,

jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom