SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 5th - July 11th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocnel Sailor ‘21/HomelikeShaving Taiga SS & (2) Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow
Yaqi 28mm Tux Barber Pole
Eleven/DFS LE ‘19 soap
Eleven/DFS LE ‘19 a/s splash
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue pour homme eau de toilette

A clash of adjustable razor Titans. It was a shave for the ages…..
33217E6D-7DE6-4DFA-B09F-2961ED75E090.jpeg

Razor: G.E. Jones Shake Sharp
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Cashmere 26mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Green Tea Foam Cleanser
Lather: PAA - Atomic Age Bay Rum
Aftershave: Historic Brands - Georgian Bay Rum
75F5CE2D-3309-4F3C-91BD-77DA0AEFEDED.jpeg

CD0066DB-12A1-4FBB-93BE-10F502BC367D.jpeg

Sorry Sharks, but my Shake Sharp is too smooth to allow any blood in the water. No feeding frenzy today. In fact, my face is so smooth your teeth would just slide off.

SOD Sunday July 11, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Green (15)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Green

Have a great day!!! Forza Azzuri!!!

IMG_6864.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 11th 2021

Razor: Schick G1 Canadian variant- Mfg 1940's-50's N.D.Codes, Mid range, Easy razor to manipulate around the face, light weight. Still having fun with the Kai Protouch blade, very easy on the skin this blade, great results.
Blade: Kai Protouch MG modified (5)- Excellent blade, sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Pricey blade but you do get extra protection and this blade is not that threatening if that matters to some. I use this blade in other non 50mm razors with great success. Usual results DFS++ it seems and you can add a little pressure and not threatening to cut IMO. Great shave today.
Soap: Italian barber Amici. Nice citrus scent(red grapefruit & ..... with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express 24mm synthetic, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, soft scrubber, great lather painter and just a nice feel to the face when using.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Italian barber Amici AS with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick G1 Canadian variant with a Kai Protouch modified for injection razors.
Sunday Schick shave, July 11th 2021.jpg

Have some excellent shaves!

Sunday SOTD. You can tell Shark Week has begun!

Razor Timeless SS .68 SB
Blade Shark Platinum
Brush WCS 26mm Silvertip Badger
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger (got left out of the picture)
A/S Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS
I haven't tried any of the Shark blades and since it seemed the platinum wasn't get much love yet I decided to start with it. I wasn't sure what to expect so I started cautiously but there was nothing to fear here. The platinum must be a nurse shark. Pretty soon I was shaving away like I would with a Personna Israeli Red. In my Timeless .68 it was a comfortable shaver (based on just one shave) and I have no problems using it again. Way smoother than an Astra SP. Sharpness seemed average to me but that is a good thing in my book. I don't really care much for super sharp blades. It will likely sharpen up more as most blades do after the first shave. No weepers, no irritation and NO BLOOD. I used a hybrid lathering method with an Arko stick to the face and mashed up Arko stick into a puck container. This lets me load up that big honking lather hog of a brush and build a wet lather in my scuttle to keep my brush warm and use to build the lather on my face. That brush probably holds enough lather for 10 passes and I really chased BBS today with much success! The Arko makes a really nice slick lather. The Lime Sec did give me some feedback which is normal with any blade when I make 4 passes plus touchups. I think it helps soften the industrial citrus of the Arko. All in all a really great Sunday Shave on my 7th wedding anniversary!

Sharko 1.jpg

Herkese sıhhatler olsun.. Have a nice shave all you..
Günün tıraşı.. Shave of the day..

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless
Brush: Yaqi Synthetic Shaving Brush
Soap: Martin de Candre Original Shaving Soap
AS: Clubman Pinaud Sweet Rum After Shave Lotion, Proraso After Shave Balsam Wood and Spice

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

SOTD, Sunday, July 11, 2021

Got a sample of Droid Black in my PAA Cold Spices order. Excellent scent, but when I went looking for it on their website, I can't find anything about it. I hope it's restocked soon.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant w/ Barberpole handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Maggard Silver Tip Badger
Pre-Shave: Homemade Glycerin Soap
Lather: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices CK6 Formula
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Droid Black (sample)
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

7/10/21
Reef Point Sublime
Shavemac Custom Silvertip
5/8 Robert Klaas
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Citrus Musk
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Hove Limes des Buras
SOTD7-10-21.jpg

7/11/21
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
11/16 George Wostenholm "Pipe Razor"
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Original
Pecksniff's Lemon, Cedar, & Amber Balm
Montblanc Individuel
SOTD7-11-21.jpg

Going out of town for three days, I thought I'd get in an evening shave with the Faza, which may be Italian or not. It's a lovely piece of jewelry but a pretty lousy razor. One side is extremely mild, the other completely useless, I gave up before finding out how much pressure I'd have to use to get the edge touching skin. It will cut with the narrow Fatip mk1 cap but with chatter. On the plus side the lovely handle mates with the Fatip just fine.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
SUNDAY
11 July, 2021

______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: PAA "StarCraft"
Lather: ARKO stick
Razor: Oristo