Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixed Four SOTD #7

FF-Y_2020-08-02.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos Red
Razor: 2020 SS Gillette Tech with custom olive wood handle
Blade: Super Stainless Gillette Blue Blade (8)
ASL: Proraso Red

Another great shave! :cornut:

I'm loving this razor* and blade better all the time. Obviously I don't have to mention the brush and the soap; they've been the tops for a good while now.

* For some reason I'm not really too sure about, I put my name on the Wolfman waiting list a couple of weeks ago. :letterk1:

DEB5BD96-0A87-42AA-8F17-A6775921BF71.jpeg

The I’m-glad-Isaias-moved-to-our-East-and-we’ll-only-see-a-short-window-of-tropical-storm-force-winds evening shave.

Pre: Noxzema wash
Brush: WCS B&B edition (circa 2014 or 15) boar brush, first use
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Soap: Stirling Baker Street
Post: Stirling Baker Street aftershave and had to go back for some Nivea Sensitive Cool balm

Probably worst shave yet since starting DE in earnest a few weeks ago—my neck is still feeling it. I have yet to crack the code on Stirling soap. I’ve got a shave bowl coming that I hope will help me get there (I’ve been trying face lathering).

Meanwhile, I finally broke out the B&B brush which I bought years ago in a second false start to DE shaving (first was when I joined B&B back in 2007; I really need to write up an update sometime). I love the handle and think the boar will break in nicely.

Sunday, 8/2:

View attachment 1133851

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Feather
Brush - Some Making Required "Purple Galaxy" 26mm Maggard SHD fan
Soap - Noble Otter Northern Elixir
A/S - Noble Otter Northern Elixir

That was an assault on my face. Not by the razor: by the soap and splash. Oh my God! So freaking cold! @Jgreenepa , if you haven't used this stuff yet, I feel like you'd love it.

First, the brush, a BST pickup, is great. Philip at SMR always makes outstanding handles with great grip, and this one is no different. It's so ergonomic; your hand basically locks into it, a lot like a Grizzly Bay. I've become a big fan of the Maggard SHD knots, too. They just seem to check every box for me. This one is set a little higher than some of my others, so there's a little more splay, but still very nice backbone. Just great.

The soap uses menthol instead of a synthetic coolant, so the effect was immediate as I applied the lather, unlike Orbit which built up slowly. The lather was excellent, nice and creamy and shiny, and excellent glide. Applying the lather for the second pass was incredibly cold, and then the cold water splash at the end was a SHOCK. The coldest shaving sensation I've ever felt; it was borderline painful. Then, the splash burned like a son of a gun. It was just about too much, but-- I kinda liked it! I will definitely go again.

The blade was a fourth-use Feather, which for me is when the performance starts to diminish, and the shave wasn't quite as close as yesterday, but only off by a hair. Still excellent, what a shave.
Sounds like an interesting soap! Cold is good!

SOTD (# 138/2020)
03-08-2020

20200802_191043-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water, Proraso White Pre-shave cream
Brush: NOM Gustav Havanna Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ "Orange Bay Tonic" (JAHE's mix)
Razor: Razorock German 37
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill Witch Hazel & post shave balm

Have some great shaves!

Try it, my friend! Pretty basic eucalyptus-mint scent, but so cold and so refreshing!
Thanks for the recommendatio, but I shave with MWF 95% of the time. i‘ve never found a better soap for post shave skin feel in almost two and a half decades of use. 6 drops of M-Bomb really cools down the lather and i still get to use the soap I love! I also really like Nancy Boy Signature for the same reason.

Thanks for the recommendatio, but I shave with MWF 95% of the time. i‘ve never found a better soap for post shave skin feel in almost two and a half decades of use. 6 drops of M-Bomb really cools down the lather and i still get to use the soap I love! I also really like Nancy Boy Signature for the same reason.

Yeah, it is pretty hard to beat Mitchell's.

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (9)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green Aftershave Splash
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924

Such good soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom