Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Mickey Lee Drunken Goat
Balm: MdC Huile Végétale Camomille
Aftershave: Small Batch Shave Tonic

07/31/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Stirling Soap Company Glacial Strawberry Lemonade Bath Soap
Crown King Planet 9 Shampoo/Conditioner Puck with Cider Vinegar, Yucca & Manuka
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Phoenix Shaving Aloha SmackDown Shaving Soap Classic Hawaiian Punch Summer Seasonal
RazoRock Rosso Corsa F-400 XXL 34MM Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Occam's Stainless Steel Safety Razor with Ridge Line Cap and Full Open Comb Base
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Tangerine Orange Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
RazoRock Mr. Pink After Shaving Splash
Rockwell Barbershop Post-Shave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength - Homage to the Original Seaforth Spiced!

B IMG_8870.jpg

SOTD : 31st July 2021.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & Head.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Face: wtg, atg,+ pick ups.
Head: wtg, atg,atg, + pick ups.
Lather : Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Blade : Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D1)
Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face & Head wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice Classic ASL./ Cien Sensitive ASB.

Greetings,

(Face & Head shave.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend... A double maiden shave using the Pearlman shavers spirit shaving Soap and the chinese Gillette Super Blue blade both I've had for while, but have only got round to trying them out..

The verdicts? The Pearlman Shaver's spirit soap is a excellent shaving soap... It's very slick, protective with a fresh mild masculine fragrance which lingers throughout the shave and beyond creating a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a excellent post shave feel.

The Chinese Gillette Super Blue paired together with the Pearl SBF-11 razor superbly making a smooth non-aggressive efficient razor & blade duo...The blade feels comfortable sharp & smooth....The sinister looking image on the pack cover looks like "Bela Lugosi" with a mustasch I was expecting the blade cover to have "Made in Transylvania" printed on it with an attention warning stating "Do not expose to daylight, for night shaving only."

However, "never judge a book by it's cover" as the saying goes these blades are very assertive and a great choice for head shaving which is my method of testing a new blade for efficiency and equally important it's smoothness.

I'm only one shave in so I can't give a true review but i feel as though these blades have a good longevity & smoothness.

A enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Cien Sensitive ASB.

My face and precious swede are feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Sat 31 SOTD with an Unobtanium Blade
Soap Stirling Haverford
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Vintage Polsilver Super Stainless 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + HA + Stirling Haverford Balm
Just awesome the scent from this soap! Really aromatic with a creamy and slick lather. The brush is amazingly soft...perfect for face lathering...
The shave with these 2 vintage combinations of razor & blade was very very good. Can feel the edge was crisp but soft & smooth so it was very comfortable 3passes for a dolphin smooth finish. Excellent blade indeed! The aftershaves were excellent too especially with the matching AS balm!
20210731_125323.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
1979BF44-2552-42F7-9771-097975E0B5CF.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Germany: Shaving Soap Tabac refill in a wooden bowl.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball. Blades made in the USA and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Vera Wang for Men Cologne.

Razor: Lupo 72
Blade: Gillette Minora (2)
Brush: Matilda 2-band silvertip badger
Soap: Tabac
Splash: Tabac Splash

IMG-2110.JPG

we’ll that was different, a Jekyll and Hyde experience to the lupo 95

Didn’t bother with a WTG pass as there as I could not any hair in that direction. XTG was ok, no issues but not quite the smoothness of the lupo 95.

ATG on the burns wasn’t comfortable but nothing overly bad. ATG on the chin is where the problems began and was quite uncomfortable. ATG on the lip area was borderline unbearable. Finished with one more ATG on the burns and a second XTG on the chin/lips.

Not an enjoyable shave at all

SOTD - Saturday 31 July 2021

proxy.php

• Shavette: Tedalus - Essence
  • Blade: Schick - P-30 Proline Artist Club Style
  • Shaving Brush: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere Yellow - 24mm Fan (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • After-Shave Balm: Acqua di Parma - Barbiere
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Blu Mediterraneo - Bergamotto di Calabria - La Spugnatura - EdT (100 ml)

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, JULY 31, 2021

Today marks the first meeting of the 30DC Pennsyltucky Chapter. As I write, my friend, Bill, is wending his southeast to the western suburbs of Philly. I've been speaking to Bill online for three or four years off and on, but this breakfast will be our first face-to-face. It should be interesting! Given our joint Pennsyltucky venue and backgrounds, I’ve picked a neutral, scrapple-enriched restaurant. As the Habersett ad says, “scrapple contains everything good about the pig, but the oink!”

The Genco 35 was my third straight razor acquisition, notice I didn’t say purchase. It was a straight up barter deal. I traded a 1908 Gillette Single Ring along with a Milord, both of which were not being used and were missing from my friend’s den collection. They were in decent shape, but really benefitted from the cleaning and replating he gave them. A well-known honemeister friend had been telling me about the great fine grained central NY/PA steel in these blades. He wasn’t exaggerating.

My son, Ben, reset the bevel - I wasn’t honing yet in those days - on his jnat progression and built a very sweet edge. I’ve since touched it up on a new slate that Glen Mercurio recommended, and was surprised at the beautiful result. Howard Schlecter’s constroption put the icing on the cake. The mug shave was everything it could be. My usual three passes resulted in one of those effortless shaves that felt like I was just sweeping the whiskers away.

The noggin shave featured my favorite artisan DE, the Colonial Silversmith! Loaded with one of my vanishing hoard of Polsilvers, it cleared away my dome stubble with aplomb. Colonial Razor is one of those artisan makers that tends to fly under the radar, but the Evans twins, Kyle and Kirk, have a real passion for their work. I’ve only met Kirk online, he’s a very committed straight shaver with an impressive collection of stones and razors. It’s Kyle the razor designer, who I know. His design esthetic is highly refined as the Colonial Silversmith indicates. Two ATG passes, and I’m again as smooth as my great-grandaughter’s butt!

RAZOR: GENCO 35 5/8 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Polsilver
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle #007 w/ Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.
15C99D1F-CF45-427E-97F2-4C416259FD17.jpeg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Maggards 28mm Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
A beautiful day today. An early A.M. shave with the 37C. The Maggards SYN is a large brush. Surprisingly since it has the Plisson Cade knot, it has sufficient backbone to load the soap and make a nice lather. A four-pass head shave and two-pass head shave and I am on my way to my Saturday Men’s Bible Study. Have a great day, folks.

Australian no 15 ' (3rd gen Aristocrat '48-49)/BIC/MDC. While I prefer a razor with more blade feel this offers very impressive performance for a mild razor. I probably could have arrived at BBS on my head with a second pass but opted for pick ups with the Old Type-Vibraz. Great shave.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SOD Saturday July 31, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
I added a second across the grain pass to my headshave with amazing results!
BTW The Gillette Trio: Nacet, GSB, Platinum are all outstanding!

Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Red (21)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Red

Have a great day!
IMG_7132.jpg

Status