What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 26th - 1 August 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday
proxy.php

Paladin 28mm Pirate / DG Cygnus X-1 soap and AS / Rockwell 6S with Gillette Nacet blade

I hope everyone has a great day!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shave SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Coconut, Tallow Formula
Brush
Rudy Vey with Shavemac D01 two band knot
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Merkur 37C
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Starting a different razor today: Merkur 37C Slant. I loaded it with a Lord SC for the first shave. Today’s brush, a Rudy Vey with a Shavemac Knot, had no problem making a great lather. A fine, BBS shave on my face, neck and head. Have a great day, B&Bers.

Dart-Vib'raz/BIC. I experimented with alternative plates for the Vib'Raz cap, finding the Merkur and Razorock plates while closely matching the geometry of the stock plate with the addition of an open comb, were still very mild and didn't improve anything. I did a pass with the Perfector plate, which does add a more aggressive aspect to the shave, finally landing on the Dart for a clean-up pass. Interestingly the Dart-Vib'Raz feels like it holds the blade more rigidly than the stock Dart without giving up either comfort or efficiency. Full shave with this combination tomorrow.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, July 29th 2021

Razor: Razorock SLOC, Mfg 2017> Excellent tame mid range, one of my favorites, carefree shave, great under the nose area.
Blade: Gillette Astra Superior stainless, smooth and sharp, great longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean scent, with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 24mm syn, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm + 2 drops of HA.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR SLOC with a Astra SS blade.

Brush collage July 29th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Wilkinson - Pall Mall (7 Day Set) 1905
Blade: Wilkinson - “Special” Wedge Blade
Brush: Dscosmetic - Citrine/Black Handle 26mm Synthetic
Pre-Shave: CW Beggs & Sons - Face Wash & Scrub
Lather: Barrister & Mann - Hallows (Soft Heart)
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Lo-Haïku

4206D3C4-0E97-4E27-B0AC-87B07692B2D6.jpeg

0806A109-1B70-49ED-9360-7241768F6DDA.jpeg

I give up!
I spent hours honing this blade with six different stones in every sequence known to man and…meh.
It seemed not bad coming off the strop, so I went straight to the most difficult spots, under my nose and my chin. It seemed to be doing a better job right off the bat, but by the time I moved to my cheeks, it felt like the edge was gone. Even my last few terrible shaves cleaned me up okay, but all it seems to be doing today is polishing my neck whiskers.
I should have just stopped and grabbed another razor, but I felt so damn defeated I just quit. Right now I just want to put away all my stones and this razor. Is it me? I’m pretty experienced at this, but this razor has seven blades and I can’t seem to get a decent edge off of a single one of them. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
Maybe I’ll try a GEM blade in it just to give me another part of the picture, or move on to my Wilkinson Empire to restore my confidence.

Razor: Maggard V2 OC: Utopia Handle
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (2)
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Moka Express, Two Band Finest Badger,
Bowl: Fine Lather Bowl

Pre:pears Transparent Soap

Lather: Cyril R. Salter Fresh Mint

Post: Dickinson's Witch Hazel with Peppermint and Tea Tree oils added,
Aspen Perfect Conditions Aftershave Splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOD Thursday July 29, 2021

Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
I added a second across the grain pass to my headshave with amazing results!
BTW The Gillette Trio: Nacet, GSB, Platinum are all outstanding!

Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Red (19)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Red

Have a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_7109.jpg
    IMG_7109.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
20210728_195829-01-01.jpeg
SOTD #191/2021
29-07-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue TSN 2020 LE 3-band Silvertip badger
Soap: Murphy and McNeal ~ Gael Laoch
Razor: Karve Stainless Steel Safety Bar "F"-plate
Blade: vintage Polsilver Stainless (8)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Schröder und Mann ~ Majestät AS.

Evening shave. Again a pleasant and smooth. Maybe I noticed a slight loss in terms of sharpness of the blade, but finally I sit here with a BBS shave and a calm skin again. What more could you ask for?

Today's setup (hardware and software) was just about perfect. Maybe all I had needed was a sip of Riesling during the passes to get me totally into that zen state....

Enjoy your shaves, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom