What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 24th-July 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlackBird/ Personna Platinum/ Brad Sears SE S7/30 M&F finest/ Álvarez Gómez Barbería
proxy.php

30/07/17

Pre Shave: 3p
Bowl: Ikea
Brush: Dalvey of Scotland Super Badger
Razor: Parker 99r
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green (1)
Soap: Razorock Tuscan Oud
ASB: Institut Karite de Paris
EdeC: Armand Basi

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Schick Type M Injector
Schick blade
Maggards black synthetic brush
Proraso Blue shaving cream
Family Dollar Spice aftershave

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Yeah... This one ROCKS! Time to whip up some aftershave (Bottles and dripper inserts are here. Waiting of the perfume and SD40) ;)
proxy.php

SDC12334.JPG

Razor: iKon ShaveCraft X3 Slant with PAA Bomb Tip Handle
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum
Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Aluminum Switchback Top Cap loaded with AP Shave Co. "Cashmere" 24mm Synthetic
Soap: RazoRock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel followed by Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

-- Sammy

Sunday

Pre-shave: Kiehl's Facial Fuel
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Personna Lab Blue
Brush: Thater LE 5
Soap: AoS Lavender Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Balm: The Cool Fix

image.jpg
SOTD July 30th
Razor: 1906 Single Ring
Blade: Dorco Prime
Soap: Razorock Plague Doctor
Brush: B&B 10th Anniversary Boar
AS1: Thayers Cucumber WH
AS2: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Had an Aristocrat shave day with the grandkids, Kali, Mason, and Jade. I used my new to me Aristocrat (1946) that I recieved as a gift from a good friend. She gave it to my daughter to give to me when we celebrated my birthday with all the grandkids at the ice-cream store. This mornings shave was with KMF Lavender as it is made for sensitive skin and will not irritate young faces. It was a most enjoyable and humorous shave as Jade age 2, Mason age 6, and Kali age 8 participated. I whipped up a full bowl of KMF with the L'Occitane Plisson to have enough for all to enjoy. The children used Aristocrats as well and Kali helped Jade. Have a blessed day everyone.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1946
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: L'Occitane Plisson Synthetic
Lather: Kiss My Face 4 In 1 - Lavender Shea
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Aubrey Northwoods After Shave Balm
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

July 30, 2017

Jamie's Night Shave.

1. Hot Shower - CaD soap/shampoo puck from PAA
2. Stirling M.I.T.A. Glacial soap.
3. Colorado Razor Designs brush with synth tuxedo knot.
4. PAL Injecto-Matic with new NOS K-mart Blade
5. Alum - Stirling MITA After sahave - Stirling unscented glacial balm.

thx, ron. handicapped seated shaving is same technique, fortunately everything else still works ok. glycerin soap is great prep without shower. small travel mirror on counter helps. little slower overall. only shaving every other or third day. as far as up and about, thanks, but surgery and long recovery road still ahead!

However long it takes, mend well my friend.

'56 Gillette Red Tip Superspeed / GSB
Omega 10098 Boar
Symmetrical Pottery Lather Bowl
Tabac Shave Soap
Mr. Fine's Snakebite ASL

proxy.php

No difference in feel/performance, but it for some reason, it doesn't collect soap residue as easily since the coating. I'm not sure why that's the case, but I'm not complaining.

Thanks. That eases my mind a bit. I had read a few comments around indicating that a coating did effect the shave. I have a couple of razors that I'm planning on having refinished.

Thank you for your kind words Ron.
The Zoologist scents are some very complex and strong scents. They are all Eau de Parfum so they are quite forward and long lasting. I am the worst at describing scents, but I know what I like. I have been making daily posts as I try the samples in a thread on the Fragrance sub-forum called "Zoologist Sample Pack. Zoologist sample pack So far I like "Bat" and "Dragonfly" the best "Beaver," "Civet," and "Macque" not so much, though of those last three I like Civet the best. Hummingbird is a woman's fragrance is is quite strong. "Nightingale" is up for today and it is a little like Hummingbird in that it is fruity and floral and a borderline woman's scent IMHO. "Panda" and "Rhinoceros" are left. I do recommend the sample packs. They are $44 for 9 scents so it is a good way to try them as the bottles are a whopping $135 each!!:yikes:

Thanks for the assessment, Erich. The sample set does seem to be the way to go with Zoologist.

Excellent Sunday, gentlemen. Superb photographs, informative descriptive posts, and enlightening commentary. Thank you for each contribution.

I'm afraid I won't have any observations this evening. I've been distracted the whole day and my late hours are catching up with me. So I'll post my SOTD and call it an evening.

Be seeing you, gents.

SUNDAY SOTD ::::: July 30, 2017

Prep: Hot shower w/Neutrogena Men Invigorating Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Maggard Razors Sweet Orange
Soap: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale Donkey Milk & Tallow
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Le Rouge et le Noir Bishop TGN HMW 24mm
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Safety Bar Machine Finished
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Post Splash: Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel unscented
After Shave: Wholly Kaw Monaco Royale
After Shave Balm: Proraso Protective & Moisturizing

Fotor_150147065848427.jpg