Soap: A&E Kaizen
Brush: WCS Honeycomb
Razor: Homelike Start 1.18
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge
AS: A&E Kaizen

IMG_2968edit.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MicroMaticMonday,July 20th 2020, commemorate 2yrs of ASR shaving as a group of A.S.R keeners.
Always wondered what it would be like to have a Micromatic adjustable so I had to improvise my version today with
- Mid range + by different variants of the Micromatics to see & feel how it would go. A little bit of extra work but it was worth the effort to receive a BBs shave. Gem Mfg was working on adjustable's in some proto types but nothing ever came of it. I think the modern version of a Gem adjustable would be more like the Blackland Sabre with different base plates and open comb base plate version for the traditional concept. Just a different shave to shake up a MMMonday for my self.
Razor: MMFW, bullet tip,Guiding eye....Mfg 1947-50
Razor: MMCP,(Peerless Variant)-Mfg 1945
Razor: MMOC -1932-41
Razor: -BMMOC(bumpless variant)-Mfg 1930-32
Blade:Gem Personna SS PTFE(9) great blade in all respects.
Soap: Proraso green
Brush: Omega Boar brush- nice brush when broken in.
Pre-shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups. MMFW (WTG)+MMCP(XTG)+MMOC(ATG)+ -BMMOC(pick ups)
Postshave: Proraso Green aftershave lotion with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Micromatics this MMMonday.

MMMonday, July 20th 2020 (2).jpg

............Gem aggression range..................................................Gem proto type.......................................

Final Gem review Jan21-2019 (2).jpg
025_zps53313514 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
Monday Morning WhatsIs:

Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts B8 26mm
Razor: Gillette US-Aristocrat Jr.
Blade: Gillette 7'clock (4)
Lather: B&M Behold the WhatsIs
Post Shave: B&M Behold the WhatsIs
Frag: Zoologist Koala Extrait de Parfum

Starting to get a ring of death in this tub of WhatsIs. The soap has hardened up quite a bit and I find blooming the soap a min or so before loading helps quite a bit. I don't usually bloom soap.

Koala scent is excellent - great summer scent, that is not citrus or fruity. For my nose, it wasn't too strong either which is nice for an extrait concentration frag - it lasted several hours.

proxy.php

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb Gold
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20200719_083105.jpg

Monday, 7/20:

20200720_093526.jpg

Razor - Raw Shaving RS-10, mild
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wolf Whiskers Becky 24mm synthetic fan
Soap - Barrister & Mann Nordost
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co Lemon Lavender

Been a while since I used the Excelsior base; forgot how crazy good it is. Shiny plastic lather made the razor slip real good. The RS-10 continues to surprise me with how good a shave I get from the mild plate. The razor feel was even smoother than yesterday. Probably gonna try the aggressive plate tomorrow, see how close that gets me. A supremely pleasant shave in all aspects.

IMG_4509.JPG

July 20, 2020 - Micromatic Monday

Brush:
TDR V3 Fanchurian
Razor: GEM Micromatic (OC)
Blade: GEM PTFE (5)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve/Southern Witchcrafts - Gravefruit - Soap (Vegan)
Post Shave: Barrister and Mann - Fougère Angelique - Aftershave

This razor was not as aggressive as I was expecting, which is a good thing. It plowed through 2 days' growth no problem. However, I'm not sure this is one that I could use as a daily driver.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
A very special Shave today , from a razor on loan to me from One of the nicest Guys on any shaving forum and one I am proud to call him My Friend 👍
started with a fresh Med Prep blade and the razor set on 9 and I used M&M 🐻 fat soap sample sent from another great Guy 🙂
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200720132747053_COVER.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200720135634166_COVER.jpg

The razor felt pretty much the same as the vintage Toggle , I always use the leaver for my little finger and just love the feel in hand.
First pass set on 9 was a little harsh but not too bad and very efficient .
Second pass I dropped down to 5 and it felt like the Vintage Toggle D-1 on 9, much more comfortable but still very efficient and enjoyable.
3rd pass set on 3 was very nice and I really could have stopped there but I had soap leftover and love that 🐻 fat 😍
So I set the razor on 7 for the clean up pass, I was shocked at the feeling that the razor gave me . It felt like that there was no blade in it but the few remaining whiskers just jumped off My face .
The entire shave was very pleasant .
Tomorrow morning I will do a shave off
Vintage Toggle D-1 vs Mr J Toggle.
I put them together so they can get to know each other better. The D-1 was already talking trash

Monday July 20
I was stuck for ideas and then remembered I did have a razor that I’d recently bought and only used once. Ditto a cream. So here’s what I settled on...

Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - Wilkinson Sword Classic (5)
Cream - Cyril Salter Sublime Citrus
Brush - Gentleman’s Face Care Club Synthetic
Post - Razorock Blue Barbershop aftershave splash and Rosa Impex Men’s Master Professional Tea Tree and Menthol aftershave balm.

IMG_20200719_140710_edit.jpg

Result: 10/10.

I’m still impressed with the Fatip, which was worth the peanuts it cost me in the grande grand scheme of things!
Wilkinson Sword Classic blade felt almost new.
I can’t recommend the Razorock Blue Barbershop splash enough too!

Thought I would join in on the Menthol Monday!
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WCS SS handle DE89 head
Blade: Kai (testing this one, good shave, but not 3x better than others to justify buying more at the price point IMO YMMV)
Soap: Proraso Green
Brush: Omega Pro 49
Bowl: Timeless Blue
A/S: Aqua Velva
216B822F-2F3D-4CF7-8CEB-9A1800244014.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom