Not open for further replies.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: Barrister Reserve Spice
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna P74 (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Barrister Reserve Spice Aftershave Splash
Scent: Mancera Cedrat Boise

Didn't quite get the lather consistency right with the Barrister Reserve soap, but it was still good enough to give me a smooth and close shave.

26.07.JPG

Rockwell 6s Noir mat P4. Voskhod # 1. Dscosmetic 24mm. Savon Extro Bergamotto di CalabriA.
2 passes efficaces
👌

Sun 26 SOTD
Soap Catie's Bubbles Barnegat Bay
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade Tatra Platinum 5th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Clubman BayRum
One of my favourite soap. Very good lather from a relaxing face lathering with the brush after a 20 secs direct load from tub. Creamy and slick with a gorgeous scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was perfect! Sharpish, smooth and very comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes with 1 unexpected weeper. Between bbs and dfs result. Using icy water rinse at the end proves to be better than alum, for the past 3 months. Thayers then Hyaluronic and BayRum completed a good session. 9.5/10

Side note: Amazing how a simple cheap tech can shave so well giving excellent results comparable to much more expensive razors..
VIBR...hmmmm...so differrent from both the BayRum soaps. Too strong a clove scent for me...
20200726_134247.jpg

20200726_134439.jpg

Sunday Scurvy Shave :pirate::pirate:
Ahoy there m’hearties. Here be a fine treasure of a Sunday shave:

IMG_20200726_132151_edit.jpg

Razor - Parker 99R
Blade - Gillette 7 o’clock super stainless (7)
Brush - Gentleman’s Face Care Club synthetic
Soap - Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Post - Proraso Refreshing Aftershave Lotion & Nivea Sensitive Aftershave Balm

The colour of this font is supposed to be ‘blue shark’ - I’ve definitely lost the plot!

Sunday shave colage.jpg

Sunday’s Shave

Today’s shave is with GD Mallard RC Soap. This time I am using my Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest brush. The razor is Gillette Tech razor with a Personna Lab blade. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance was TOBS Sandalwood.

SOTD - Sunday 26 July 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Dark Amethyst B5 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender
  • After-Shave: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender - Splash
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm

SOTD SUNDAY, JULY 26, 2020

Today I just felt the need for a spectacular VBBS shave. Enough frittering with the open edge stuff! A number of folks on another forum have been insisting that there is no shave like a straight razor shave for closeness. My unwillingness to buy into their orthodoxy has apparently moved some of the ‘mentors’ on that forum to react in a less than friendly manner when I simply insist that I’ll believe that when I experience it. So today, I grabbed my Blaxkland Vector loaded with a fresh Feather Super, bloomed my MWF, and soaked my @MrEE Brush while I took my shower.

All I can say is that the shave was everything I could have hoped for. Instead of my usual two pass shave, I decided on a traditional, relaxed, leisurely three pass (WTG, XTG, ATG) whisker reduction exercise after not having shaved for two days. The result of which is that I cannot imagine a shave any closer than my shave today! In fact, a metric that would allow me to compare escapes me. So all I’ll say is if I can achieve a shave this close with a straight razor, I’ll be amazed and pleased! Cool, clean, and oh so velveteen!

RAZOR: Blackland Vector
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with the Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brushsqueezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH andOsage Rub. Finished with Mentholated Mysterium Serum
D171F9CF-DED2-44DB-983F-78EB91076D61.jpeg

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Sunday SOTD July 26 2020
Vintage Old Spice all around 🥰
Vintage Gillette D-1 Toggle 🥰
The Russian Bear adjustable Razor 🥰
Kai blades
26mm SHD Maggard 2 Band badger Spalted Maple Graydog's favorite badger 🥰🥰
Outstanding, Amazing, Stupendous BBS Shave 🥰🥰🥰🥰
This Beautiful Bear was made for my face. Simple one of the best adjustable Razors I have ever used .
Thank you @GlazedBoker 👍👍👍
00000IMG_00000_BURST20200726080451478_COVER.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020

Razor: Schick adjustable M3 -Mfg 1970-72, I like using this razor to dial in my razor for first use of a new blade.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp blade for the first couple of shaves.
Soap: Proraso Red Sandal wood- It is not one of my favorites but their Red aftershave makes up for it.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm synthetic- been using this one for some time and it creates good lather with soft tips.
Pre- shave: shower + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 with pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 2 small weepers = :a17:Great shave with my Schick adjustable injector M3.

Sunday Schick shave, July 26th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom