What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 20th - July 26th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Reactions: ICS
Menthol Monday;
proxy.php

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gem G- Bar
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D1)
Brush: Omega 10081 Synthetic Boar 25mm
Bowl: Castle Shave 4 1/4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Mama Bear Cilantro Lime Iced
Balm: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Royall Lyme

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9122DDBB-7153-48C8-B589-A052D0C85B55.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Turkey: Soap Derby Tub.
3) England: Gillette Flare Tip.
4) Greece: Blade BIC Chrome Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Indonesia: Aftershave Lotion Imperial Leather Aftershave Lotion.

SOTD (# 130/2020)
20-07-2020
20200718_095153-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water, Proraso White pre-shave cream.
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Proraso ~ White
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Flare Tip
Blade: Supermax (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Proraso White After Shave Lotion.

Really disliked the Supermax blade. First try. Swapped blades after the first pass. A Personna Platinum Chrome completed the job.

Mon 20 SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Derby Usta 3rd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Load directly from soap tub. Nice nice BayRum scent. Love the scent. Creamy and slick lather. Good brush for face lathering.
Shave with razor paired with blade was good. Sharpish, smooth and comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes. No issues with weepers nor irritation. Close shave. Icy water rinse was very good on a oven hot day followed by cooling Thayers and Hyaluronic and AV Ice Blue.
Rating 9.5/10
Last 2 shaves was somehow closer...
20200720_184640.jpg

20200720_184720.jpg

Monfsy shave 1.jpg

Monday shave 2.jpg

Monday’s Shave

Back to a classic today: Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife. The brush is Paladin PK 47. The razor was my Gillette Tech loaded with a Personna Lab blade. After a four-pass shave, I used cool water to remove any excess lather. I then applied Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by L’Occitane ASB. The fragrance today was Yves Saint Laurent.

B1E5EB02-6A7F-4A1C-B4F5-B1B35094E9F6.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY, JULY 20, 2020

Really enjoying the restored Schick Type F. It delivered a beautiful VBBS dome shave on its MWF cushion of slick, yogurty lather. The Mug shave went well also. A three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) DFS++ with two weeps on the third pass. I’ve discovered that the most challenging pass for me is that XTG third pass. One of the guys on the SRP forum mentioned how the consistent use of MWF seemed to minimize nicks and weepers because of the amount of lanolin in that soap versus other soaps. That’s definitely been my experience this morning.

I’ve also learned that stopping a stroke can easily result in a nick or weep. The hold for the XTG is still not fully ingrained in my muscle memory yet. Thus my stopping mid stroke when my non-dominant right stretching hand slipped off my left earlobe resulted in a nick on the right cheek. When I finished the left side (non-dominant) there was another very slight weeper. A regular part of my shave process is to wash my face with the MWF brush squeezings and leave it on my face for about a minute while I clean up the shave area before applying WH.

After rinsing the MWF off, I reached for the styptic gel only to discover that there was no longer any bleeding. Intrigued, I did some brief research only to discover that lanolin can elicit allergic reactions in some people, but also has well-known healing occlusive properties, in other words it prevents the evaporation of water and helps skin heal in non-allergic subjects. It’s a prescribed treatment for rashes and raw skin. So maybe there is something to it. Of course, both my cuts were very minor, so who’s to say definitively, not me! What I can say is that in this case it appeared to work! I feel refreshed, cool, clean, and on my dome and my cheeks, oh so velveteen.

RAZOR: Lord 6/8 (Mug), Schick Type F (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Rabid Banana Preshave Cube
BRUSH: JR #343 Synthetic
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Monday
Pre-shave: Imperial Glycerine Soap/Stirling Executive Man Pre-shave Oil
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: DaVinci 293
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Alum/Quinn’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Booster Mosswood
Balm: Perricone MD Lightweight Moisturizer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom