PAA Mysterium Serum
Kramperts Finest Bay Rum Aftershave

F973E973-65C1-44D1-BB4D-9843CACE65ED.jpeg

Soap: Razorock Lavender
Brush: Simpson Special Pure Badger
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)
Aftershave: Razorock King Louis Lavender

Today’s music brought to you by Charles Trent, in honor of the start of the Tour de France
5D4C2095-E5CE-4B5D-B6DF-055B457580AD.png

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (11)
Brush: Elite Razor Manchurian White-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Stirling Sandpiper w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Sandpiper today. 20 seconds to load the Elite Razor Manchurian White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Sandpiper aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

7/4 & 5/19
Speick Shave Stick
Muhle Synthetic Silver Tip Travel Brush
Schick Eversharp Type G Injector Razor
Ted Pella Injector Razor Blade (2 & 3)
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin
SOTD7-4&5-19.jpg

7/6/19
Art of Shaving Lavender Shave Soap
Art of Shaving in Fine Badger
11/16 Red Imp #132 by Case USA
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Davidoff Cool Water
SOTD7-6-19.jpg

SOTD 2019.7.6
Growth: 24 h
Pre: shaveology y warm water
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: eufros tierra húmeda -sample-
Razor: VB Emperor
Blade: Voskhod (#2)
Post: water, Alum, shave cream wash, omega sample, Nivea Sensitive
Passes: 2 - WTG (4.5), WTG (4.5)
Rating: 4/5 - very good
proxy.php

Small shave change. 2 passes WTG, brilliant. Post shave: Alum, shave soap, after shave and Nivea. Super comfortable and smooth.
Didn’t enjoy the aftershave sample from omega Mediterranean blue (alcohol based and overpowering scent).
I don’t connect I ether with Eufros Tierra húmeda, but the soap is so slick, dense and cushioning that I didn’t care much. Overall, a very good shave with no irritation at all.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SATURDAY, 6 July

Pre: H&S hair conditioner
Brush: H.I.S synth
Bowl: Viking S/S Chairman
Lather: VDH
Blade: Derby Premium
Razor: Oristo
Splash: Stirling Orange Chill
Frag: Zizanie de Fragonard​

07/06/19 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Ludington Glycerin Sandalwood Bar Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump 47 Conditioning Shampoo Puck (W/ Yucca Root & Cider Vinegar)
The Holy Black Trading Co. Ruby Red Creeper Tallow Shave Soap
Wolf Whiskers RCE# 47 Custom Fluted DWW-3 25mm Black Wolf 3rd batch Synthetic hybrid/fan knot
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Smart Helix Apollo Stainless Steel Razor UA19028 Mild Setting
Bolzano Superinox Blade - 7th Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula
The Holy Black Trading Co. Ruby Red Creeper Barrel Aged Aftershave Splash
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices Natural Deodorant - New Sport Strength Formula

B IMG_5262.jpg

Ariana & Evans | Project C
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

proxy.php

Project C thankfully returns a second time as a SFWS Facebook group soap. I passed on it last year, but after more experience with Ariana & Evans soaps, I decided to pick this up strictly for the performance coupled with a scent profile that seemed to fit my preferences.

The Ariana & Evans soap base is among the very best currently available. While there's essentially nothing upon which this base can improve, its most extraordinary attribute is the absolutely stellar post-shave.

This rich tallow base has plenty of ingredients that can potentially color a fragrance, but I find this is primarily evident upon cracking open the tub. Each one of them pours out a milky cocoa scent that, depending on the strength and character of the intended fragrance, may briefly bleed over into the first few moments of the shave. Knowing nothing about soap making, I suspect that after successfully duplicating a known fragrance, the artisans' biggest challenge is probably accounting for transformative effects of the soap base.

Project C is no different, but the ultimate results are that the soap simply mutes some of the more intricate notes, and given the nature of the delivery, there's simply not enough time to appreciate the development of a complex fragrance. The soap, in this case is a tease for what's yet to come by way of the splash.

Given this, I'm inclined to comment on my impressions of the splash first, and then I will explain what the soap is unable to convey. I used the splash on a non-shave day, and I applied it to my head and face immediately following a shower. I did this the day before I actually shaved with the soap. This allows me to more carefully scrutinize the soap later, since the basic profile, as my nose interprets it, has already been explored.

Project C opens as a familiar boozy cola but with a twist of bitter citrus along with an abrupt medicinal and perhaps metallic intrusion. This is eventually intertwined with a gentle spiciness and rose. The fragrance becomes more oriental with thick syrupy resin, moderately sweet florals, and cured tobacco, before giving way to dry woods and worn leather. The established sweetness prevails but remains guarded. Spicy vanilla and cardamom invade the dry down early, acquiring more spiciness with time. It's at this point in which the scent becomes more gourmand. This is followed by a brief resurgence of leather before settling back into a softer, sweet, powdery vanilla and rose. Just when the fragrance seems to have faded, the initial fizzy cola waxes and wanes.

While the boozy opening is enjoyable, it's been done. The real allure for me from Project C lies in the heart and protracted dry down. Certainly there's nothing groundbreaking about gourmand vanilla and cardamom and even leather, the delivery of which is what makes this particularly enjoyable to me. While I enjoy sweet fragrances, they're not always wearable for me. Project C perfectly rides this line and makes it a win for me. Over the course of a typical work day, I lost track of the fragrance after about 5 hours, but it was resurrected with the evening shower.

The soap surprisingly carries this fragrance well. The cola aspect is more citrusy and the cognac is perhaps more recognizable. Overall the soap is less sweet, the resin is softer, and the aldehydes struggle to pierce through. The gourmand vanilla and cardamom own the stage for the most part, but leather does play a role just prior to finishing up. I detect very little powder aspect in the soap.

Project C is apparently a dupe of Roja Parfums' Enigma pour Homme. After a quick search, I discovered it's a rather pricy fragrance, but if Project C is accurately reproducing it, I can't see how I can avoid picking up a retail bottle.

proxy.php

Donga Shave at Camp in Great Sandy Desert

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Savile Row 3824 Silvertip Badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Kind of Oud
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (1)
Scent: DR Harris Arlington

Back at the camp with the unholiest hard water. Trialled addition of Citric acid as a softening agent to lather water.
It made a tangible improvement to the lather - still not up to normal standards, but acceptable.

The improved lather allowed me to go for a third ATG pass, whereas I normally cut my losses and stick with two passes at this location.
Ended up with a very nice BBS shave. I could also tell that the lather and subsequent shave was improved by the skin sensation when I applied the Alt Innsbruck Emulsion post-shave.
It is normally a bit of damage control, but on this occasion, it was simply a delightful bracing finale.

Sunday SOTD

FIFA Women's World Cup Final
United States vs Netherlands

proxy.php

Razor: Karve D O/C
Blade: SuperMax SP Tiger (D14)
Brush Korn D7-XLT Shavemac 28mm 2band
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½” Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Citric
Balm: C&E West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Extro Cologne Italiana

Ariana & Evans | Project C
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

proxy.php

Project C thankfully returns a second time as a SFWS Facebook group soap. I passed on it last year, but after more experience with Ariana & Evans soaps, I decided to pick this up strictly for the performance coupled with a scent profile that seemed to fit my preferences.

The Ariana & Evans soap base is among the very best currently available. While there's essentially nothing upon which this base can improve, its most extraordinary attribute is the absolutely stellar post-shave.

This rich tallow base has plenty of ingredients that can potentially color a fragrance, but I find this is primarily evident upon cracking open the tub. Each one of them pours out a milky cocoa scent that, depending on the strength and character of the intended fragrance, may briefly bleed over into the first few moments of the shave. Knowing nothing about soap making, I suspect that after successfully duplicating a known fragrance, the artisans' biggest challenge is probably accounting for transformative effects of the soap base.

Project C is no different, but the ultimate results are that the soap simply mutes some of the more intricate notes, and given the nature of the delivery, there's simply not enough time to appreciate the development of a complex fragrance. The soap, in this case is a tease for what's yet to come by way of the splash.

Given this, I'm inclined to comment on my impressions of the splash first, and then I will explain what the soap is unable to convey. I used the splash on a non-shave day, and I applied it to my head and face immediately following a shower. I did this the day before I actually shaved with the soap. This allows me to more carefully scrutinize the soap later, since the basic profile, as my nose interprets it, has already been explored.

Project C opens as a familiar boozy cola but with a twist of bitter citrus along with an abrupt medicinal and perhaps metallic intrusion. This is eventually intertwined with a gentle spiciness and rose. The fragrance becomes more oriental with thick syrupy resin, moderately sweet florals, and cured tobacco, before giving way to dry woods and worn leather. The established sweetness prevails but remains guarded. Spicy vanilla and cardamom invade the dry down early, acquiring more spiciness with time. It's at this point in which the scent becomes more gourmand. This is followed by a brief resurgence of leather before settling back into a softer, sweet, powdery vanilla and rose. Just when the fragrance seems to have faded, the initial fizzy cola waxes and wanes.

While the boozy opening is enjoyable, it's been done. The real allure for me from Project C lies in the heart and protracted dry down. Certainly there's nothing groundbreaking about gourmand vanilla and cardamom and even leather, the delivery of which is what makes this particularly enjoyable to me. While I enjoy sweet fragrances, they're not always wearable for me. Project C perfectly rides this line and makes it a win for me. Over the course of a typical work day, I lost track of the fragrance after about 5 hours, but it was resurrected with the evening shower.

The soap surprisingly carries this fragrance well. The cola aspect is more citrusy and the cognac is perhaps more recognizable. Overall the soap is less sweet, the resin is softer, and the aldehydes struggle to pierce through. The gourmand vanilla and cardamom own the stage for the most part, but leather does play a role just prior to finishing up. I detect very little powder aspect in the soap.

Project C is apparently a dupe of Roja Parfums' Enigma pour Homme. After a quick search, I discovered it's a rather pricy fragrance, but if Project C is accurately reproducing it, I can't see how I can avoid picking up a retail bottle.
Great review of a great soap base. I love A&E. It's in my top 3 bases. Peter does a fantastic job with his products.

SOTD: 7th JULY 2019.

10.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face & head.

Pears ~ Lemon Flower Extracts Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega S10018.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Ingram Menthol shaving cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium.(1)

Razor: Gillette ~ 1950's Ball End Tech.

Cold Water face & head Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Euro Version.)

Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday Face & head shave.

I've only recently had my vintage gillette tech's returned to me after been loaned out to a work mate for quite a long time.The 1950's ball end tech is a superb razor paired together with the polsilver s.i. was a excellent duo mowing through my face & head stubble effortlessly.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Cien ~ Aloe Vera Body Lotion.

My face & precious swede are feeling 'Kojak Smooth' & smelling old school devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
  • Pre: Purell Healthy Soap Cucumber
  • Soap: Arko -- 1st use !
  • Brush: Shavemec Badger, maybe Finest.
  • Mug: no mug. Direct-to-face lather.
  • Razor: Leaf Razor -- blades in top two spots
  • Blade: Derby
  • Aftershave: L'Oreal Men Energy Comfort Max Aftershave Balm SPF 15
This shave was all about the new soap, which is made in exotic Istanbul. No citric acid granules to soften water, because Arko has a form of EDTA to counteract hardness. As reported, Arko is a lather monster, even in hard CAP water. Excellent product, excellent shave.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0003 - Edited (1).jpg

Schone OC gold / Shark SS (1) / Vulfix 1016 Pure Badger / Fine Fresh Vetiver in vintage mug

2019-07-07

Ikea bowl ¤ OCSC 2018 LE Silvertip ¤ 6/8" Geo. Wostenholm & Sons
T&H Sandalwood Cream, Aftershave Balm & Cologne

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom