What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 19th - July 25th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, July 20th 2021

Razor: GEM Micromatic Clog Pruf (Peerless model)- Mfg 1945, excellent mid range, I usually get great shaves with this gentler than my MMOC razor but that is how they were designed, 3 different Micromatics for fellows with different beard & skin types.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice masculine scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi High 24mm Mountain Silver tip, Wow excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice scrubber+ great lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Gem MMCP + a coated Gem blade.

Sunday Schick shave July 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOD Monday July 19, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Green (19)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Head WTG:5-XTG:4-ATG:3
Blade: Feather (1)
Razor: Gillette Styler
Balm: Proraso Green

Have a great day!!
IMG_7002.jpg

20210718_081950.jpg

Micromatic Monday 3rd Anniversary Shave

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Bayramlık tıraş.. İyi bayramlar..

Aşırı sıcaklarda buz gibi Stirling tıraşına Anadolu’dan Alyazmalım dokunuşu..

Herkese sıhhatler olsun.. Have a nice shave all you..
Günün tıraşı.. Shave of the day..

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gilette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless
Brush: Yaqi Big White Tuxedo Synthetic Shaving Brush
Soap: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic Shaving Soap
AS: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic After Shave Splash, Proraso After Shave Balsam Menthol

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Day 14 - Another Day Another Razor

J.A. Henckels 28 - Is it possible to have too sharp of a razor?

I still use Henckels kitchen knives I purchased 35 years ago every day. Their razors have to be good too, right? This one was not quite the rounded Dutch point I was looking for, but I was getting careless with square points. Decided to give a French point a try. The razor was already in good condition. It needed only some Flitz polish and a hone.

At first I didn't think I did a good job sharpening it because it wasn't making much of that tell tale scraping sound. Then I just laid it on my face at a bad angle. The Henckels 28 left a tiny nick just from a little too much pressure. It was also very light weight compared to my other razors. Not much room for error with this one.

Once I got used to it, a single pass shave was all that I needed. I could skip a days shave if I did a two pass with this one.

However, I just don't like to have to be that focused during a shave... I'll look for another light weight 4/8 and try it.
Henckels28.JPG

My goal is to shave one last time with at least 30 of my collection of misfits, rescues, and ugly razors. Then they all go up for sale so I can buy more to fix and customize.

Razor: Kampfe Bros - Star 1900-01
Blade: Vintage Wedge Blade
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Liquirizia e Menta
Aftershave: Extro Cosmesi - Licorice and Magnolia

B71F198F-88E7-489A-B496-67E13DB30AFB.jpeg

Yikes! A Facial Wedgie.
Todays shave was not quite as comfortable as I’m used to. I don’t have a lot of experience with these older type “lather catchers” with the wedge blade. It felt rather industrial, and wasn’t any kind of a joy going against the grain. Is this a normal feel for these blades or is it me? I did personally hone and strop this blade to the best of my skill level, which I think is quite high, but still felt harsh. This blade is not a Kampfe, and did not come with this razor…so who knows.
BBB639C0-2090-426A-AE38-B861AF54FFCA.jpeg

My face is nice and smooth, but I didn’t want to do the extra scrubbing it takes to give my neck a BBS. I’ll give the blade a few licks on my 8k and 12k stones before I put it away.

Tue 20 SR SOTD
Soap La Toja Stick
Brush Yaqi 24mm Ruby Tuxedo
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Alum + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Another simple & budget soap that excels. Pleasant scent, easy to lather, nicely creamy, and very slick...
This is a shave with the razor after going thru the pasted balsa strop. Still smooth but noticeably sharper. Managed 3passes for sas++ results but with some creepers. My main area to improve is the atg stroke on the neck, it's too tentative...
Aftershaves as always...were great!
20210720_092641.jpg

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Tuesday 20th July 2021

00C55B23-B939-4324-93BA-6760610D33A9.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapA&E Revolution, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBGB Synthesis G6 Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorTimeless slim Ti, USA 🇺🇸
BladeFeather, Japan 🇯🇵
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Gillette Pro Balm, USA 🇺🇸
FragrancePAA Gondolier, USA 🇺🇸
Rating9.5/10

SOTD - Tuesday 20 July 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Parker - Variant Graphite
  • Blade: Kai
  • Shaving Brush: Simpsons - Duke 3 - 24mm Fan (Best Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: M Keramiek - Shaving Society
  • Shaving Soap: Noble Otter - Northern Elixer
  • After-Shave Splash: Noble Otter - Northern Elixer
  • After-Shave Balm: Zingari Man - Unscented

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9A00817E-331A-4DF7-87B8-6E5C6D323B5A.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Italy: Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) Multinational: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball. Blades made in the USA, packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk Cologne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom