What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 17th - July 23rd, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

BBS-1/STORK :: S.V. :: WHOLLY KAW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 July 2017

Shave Test Sunday: Sheffield Extra Hollow Ground, Boker Red-Injun, Wade & Butcher Celebrated
Strops: Premier Black Latigo and Tony Miller Fast Bridle
Brush: Shavemac Silvertip
Cream: Baume.be
Finish: Guerlain Vetiver EdT

IMG_1205.jpg

That arrayment is a beauty, Steve. Ok; how did you like the Timeless? And how was the Oleo soap? I'm planning on picking up a tub along with another handle and scalloped cap.

I have 2 shaves with the Timeless now and both were exceptional. Everything just clicks - the performance, the feel, the quality, the finish, the weight/balance, the aesthetics... I really enjoy it. I think it is just an outstanding razor. The soap was fine, and worked OK. I used it the first shave, and I think I needed to load more in the brush. The scent was mild and not too memorable. It worked fine, but I think I need to use the soap a few more times to form a better opinion. I am not saying it was bad, but that I need to play around with it more. For sure, you can't go wrong with the Timeless hardware. They have been talking about bringing some Titanium products to market, but haven't specifically shown anything. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for these guys based on their current products.
Steve

Superb close-in pic, Freddie. Like the placement of the brush behind the EdT and the resultant bleeding color. I love that razor handle. Was The Joker a good finisher for the Fat and the Osage Rub?
Thanks Ron! It actually is a good finisher. Nice masculine scent that's not overpowering. Somewhat generic but still smells nice and the wife likes it.

Sunday is just a Bay Rum kind of day. Col. Konk Bay Rum face lathered with a vintage Rubberset reknotted Silvertip, the J1 left my face smooth and BBS. A splash of Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel and Virgin Island Bay Rum and I am ready to face the day. Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Schick Injector J1
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Rubberset Vintage Silvertip
Lather: Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
proxy.php

Yesterday's shave

proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

07/23/17 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Sterling Soap Company Honey Oatmeal Shea Butter Bath Soap
Barrister and Mann Petrichor Shaving Soap
Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom 24mm Silvertip Badger Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Timeless Polished Stainless Steel OC Razor with 0.95mm Blade Gap, Scalloped Cap, & H5 Dimpled Handle
Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 2nd Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Barrister and Mann Petrichor Aftershave Splash
NIVEA Men Sensitive Cooling Post Shave Balm

IMG_6350.jpg

SOTD Sunday, July 23, 2017
Prep: Shower/Warm face towel
Soap: RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime
Razor: 1960 Gillette Fatboy (F2)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Semogue 1305 21mm Boar
Talc: Clubman
Hair Tonic: Jeris (non-oil)
Aftershave: RazoRock Essential Oil of Lime

Had a relaxing Sunday morning shave, My son joined me advising that he wanted to shave like daddy. (he's 5 years old) so he was able to join in on the fun, I let him lather up and he "shaved" using a bladeless razor, he had a fun time.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Jamie, is it the light or is that a gold Slim Adjustable, AKA the Aristocrat Slim? It is certainly a beauty.
Thanks for asking as I won this slim in a LOT and the description was not good. It is Gold ! there are some scratched and little bit of the gold was lost in the door sides - but it works great and I must say the slim is better than the fat boy for me! so I think I did get the aristocrat slim!!! I got that and a super speed both for 35 bucks :)

Sunday SOTD

B&M Seville
Stirling Butterscotch Fan
'77 Gillette Super Adjustable
Voskhod
Barrister's Reserve Classic

A new day a new soap to kill. Up next is my tub of Barrister & Mann Seville White Label. This is truly a great soap that I'm going to enjoy using to the end. Then I'll get a tub of the Glissant version because I have yet to use anything in that base.

Also, the Voskhod blade worked great. I've only used it once before when I was first starting and it wasn't the best experience. But I thought I would try it again and I'm glad I did.
proxy.php

Formerly Heybobitsme

Sunday's Slow Shave

Felt like going a bit green this morning with this lineup:

Razor - MAC Metalworks Vintage Razor No.17
Blade - Gillette Nacet Stainless
Brush - Semogue 1438
Soap - Catie’s Bubbles, La Terre Verte
Aftershave - Fine Fresh Vetiver

proxy.php

7/23/17
Art of Shaving Unscented Pre Shave Oil
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #2 in Best Badger
6/8 Johan Engstrom Frameback
Tony Miller 3" Heirloom Steerhide Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Penhaligon's Juniper Sling
SOTD7-23-17.jpg

So sorry to be absent from SOTD for so long!
And it will be a while before getting back into full swing!
Took a slip and ankle injury while adventuring along the Missouri in Montana couple days ago! Back home now and awaiting repair surgery this coming week! Will try to post whatever or whenever possible, certainly by fall (hoping!). Meanwhile looking forward to following everyone's activity!

IMG_5263.JPG

Sunday's Shave
07.23.2017 (The Experiment is Done!)

Gillette Fusion Pro Guard

Pro Guard Blade (3)
Shavemac Colonia No.1 / Two-band Silver Tip
Paladin Aftershave Balm
Proraso Azur Lime Cologne

07.23.2017.gif

Good To say goodbye to this set-up and software for awhile, so looking forward to getting back to straights.

Have a Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

So sorry to be absent from SOTD for so long!
And it will be a while before getting back into full swing!
Took a slip and ankle injury while adventuring along the Missouri in Montana couple days ago! Back home now and awaiting repair surgery this coming week! Will try to post whatever or whenever possible, certainly by fall (hoping!). Meanwhile looking forward to following everyone's activity!

View attachment 806589
Sorry to hear that Murray, Prayers for a Speedy recovery my friend

Razor: Gillette FB

Soap: Old Spice

Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best

Aftershave #1: Thayer’s WH

Aftershave #2 Old Spice

Talc: Old Spice

IMG_6796.jpg

proxy.php

Estrenando la Tridur después de haberla mandado a afilar y como no podía ser mejor , una agradable sorpresa ya que esta navaja le va perfectamente a mi barba dura con lo que me siento realizado, tiene un corte muy suave y a la vez nunca mejor dicho eficaz .Observo que las navajas bien afiladas por profesionales dan unos afeitados apurados increíbles y sin ningún tipo de sustos. El broche de oro lo ha puesto ésta crema inglesa que ha hecho las delicias perfectas del deslizamiento.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA TRIDUR barbas duras
Brush: EL DRUIDA LE 2016 SCNHG #15 Ebano blanco 24x50 Fan
Lather: INGRAM Lather Shave
Aftershave: MYRSOL Formula K
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom