What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 13th - July 19th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - Sunday 19 July 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Anvil Shaving - Moralltach - 26mm Bulb (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Soap: Noble Otter / Australian Private Reserve - Jungle Warrior
  • After-Shave: Noble Otter / Australian Private Reserve - Jungle Warrior - Splash

Sun 19 SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Asian Plum Sample 1st Use
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor RR German 37 Slant
Blade Derby Usta 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
Wow!! A&A Asian Plum...the scent hit was overwhelming! The entire bathroom and bedroom filled with the scent. My wife entered and commented. Love the strong scent but unable to differentiate.....overall just very nice. Just a little makes a lot of lather. More than enough for 4 passes. Save it for next day. Too precious. Creamy and reasonably slick.
Shave with razor and blade combo is so very smooth, sharp and comfortable. 3+1 multiple passes without any issues at all. Very close results...mostly BBS.
Icy water rinse followed by cooling Thayers ensured super fresh tingly face. Soothed by Hyaluronic and Reuzel Wood & Spice. 9.6/10
20200719_004659.jpg

20200719_114242.jpg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Sunday‌ ‌07.19.20 ‌SOTD‌
DSCF0006 - Edited.jpg

Gillette ‘59 E1 Red Flare-Tip Super-Speed
Gillette‌ ‌Nacet‌ Stainless
APShaveCo. 24MM Mixed Badger/Boar Summer Handle
RazoRock‌ ‌"What‌ ‌The‌ ‌Puck?!"‌ ‌Lime‌ ‌Burst‌ ‌
Italian Barber Amici After Shaving Splash

DSCF0009 - Edited.jpg

sund shave paint.jpg

Sunday’s Shave

Today’s shave is with GD Mallard RC Soap. This time I am using my Kent BK8 Silvertip brush. The razor is Gillette Tech razor with a Personna Lab blade. I just received this razor, and this is the first shave with it. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and Clubman. The fragrance was TOBS Sandalwood.

SOTD - Sunday 19 July 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Edwin Jagger - R35611SR - Ebony / Nickle plated
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Black Anvil Shaving - Moralltach - 26mm Bulb (High Mountain White)
  • Shaving Soap: Noble Otter / Australian Private Reserve - Jungle Warrior
  • After-Shave: Noble Otter / Australian Private Reserve - Jungle Warrior - Splash

The Black Anvil brushes are really something.

Sunday, 7/19:

20200719_102354.jpg

Razor - Raw Shaving RS-10, mild
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Shavemac briarwood 26mm 2-band silvertip
Soap - Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch
A/S - Murphy & McNeil Gael Laoch

Wowee! This razor is freaking fantastic. Incredible build, very tight tolerances, clamps the blade really solidly, and shaves very smoothly. The brush has a super tight bulb that nevertheless splays really well due to the long soft tips. It has some scritch/scrub that will I suspect lessen with more use, and it still felt really nice. The soap is mentholated, and what a kick in the face! Perfectly light, fresh, and cold for a hot day. The cold water rinse was bracing for sure! I thought that with the small gap and mild-looking exposure I wouldn't get that close a shave, but boy was I wrong. Remarkably close and smooth, and the face feels absolutely perfect. A really outstanding shaver; gonna be fun to use this for the next good bit.

Beautiful shaves over the last 3 weeks, got rid of the 7 o clock sharp edge after 18 good shaves, at that point the blade was losing performance, so I decided to replace it.

Switched out the Gillette aristocrat for my schick injector which was mint, but somehow it got scratched in storage, so i guess it's near mint now lol. The 4th photo shows the scratch on the plating, it's a real pity but it was bound to happen i guess, it is a tool afterall.

After the first 3 shaves with the Schick I decided to switch out the Wilkinson sword classic shave brush for the omega 49, usually i only use this brush with shave sticks, but its now softened up enough over the last year to use it with pucks and face lathering instead of bowl lathering like i use with the Wilkinson sword, its definitely a fantastic brush!

The uncle Jon's pipe smoke has been so good that ive been using it almost exclusively over the last few weeks, and ill definitely end up using it for the rest of the month.

Shaves 16,17,18 (DE)
Razor: Gillette aristocrat
Blade: Gillette 7 o clock sharp edge (16,17,18)
Brush Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: uncle Jon's pipe smoke
Aftershave Balm: the body shop maca root razor relief.

Shaves 1,2,3 (injector)
Razor Schick injector
Blade: Schick ultra platinum
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Aftershave balm: the body shop maca root razor relief.

Shaves 4,5,6 (injector)
Razor Schick injector
Blade: Schick ultra platinum
Brush: Omega 49
Aftershave balm: prep
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Status