Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Big Ben Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Stirling 2-band Finest Badger
Pre-Shave: Homemade Glycerin Soap
Lather: Stirling Dunshire
Aftershave: Stirling Dunshire
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Acqua Di Gio
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

20210717_083805.jpg

The last day of Shark Week!

Razor: Razorock Eco
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Caswell-Massey Newport
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
3o6Mb4IhUgKqT4Naes.gif

SOTD-L-B_2021-07-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: La Toja
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (4)
ASL: Clubman VIBR

A really nice shave. :biggrin:
Today's team was wonderful, especially the Seagoing Software Scents to finish off Shark Week. 🦈

Many thanks for Shark Week @BigJ, great fun. It's been great to see the experimenters, the Shark lovers, the Shark haters, and all the other B&B misfits get together and have good time. :lol1:

My only problem now, is do I keep shaving with my one and only Shark blade...
or stop and save it for next year (à la @FarmerTan)? :letterk1:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Day 13 - Another Day Another Razor

Boker MOP - Part rescue part great buy.

I have always been impressed with Boker knives' reputation for bargin prices but quality steel and craftsmanship. I actually own a couple. I could never understand why the price point wasn't similar for their razors. I bought this one with dirty scales and obviously cracked Mother of Pearl tang just to see if their razors were just as good.

The MOP practically fell off when I unpinned the scales. Rusted tang underneath. I cleaned everything and gave a fresh coat of epoxy to the tang and MOP before resetting the MOP. The two cracks were widened with a dremel engraving bit so the epoxy had a surface to adhere to with enough volume not to just flake off down the road. I call this a rescue because someone else had already dripped super glue on the cracks and called it a day.

For those interested, the vertical marking to the left of the pivot and the line on the tail beside the MOP pin are the repairs with pearl powder added to epoxy. The "back slash" looking line next to the pivot pin is actual pearl not repair. Overall, the two repaired cracks are obvious but not bad. However, no more rusting and the MOP should last another 100 years.

Finally, I honed and shaved with it. What a pleasure. If it had a rounded tip of any sort this razor would be one that I'd never sell. (Personal preference, and I already have a square tip in my keep forever drawer.) Oh well, I'll keep looking for one of those ...

BokerMOP.jpg

My goal is to shave one last time with at least 30 of my collection of misfits, rescues, and ugly razors. Then they all go up for sale so I can buy more to fix and customize.

MdC Monday!
Razor : Blue tech
Blade : Dorco prime (2) ( hated these blades but tried them with this razor and they perform very well, never give up on a blade until you try it in different razors )
Brush : DS cosmetic 26mm silvertip
Soap: MdC Fougère
Post shave : Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel unscented followed by PAA Gondolier AS and Cologne

Great way to start a new week.
10/10
IMG_20210719_092615.jpg

Razor: Kampfe Bros - Star 1900-01
Blade: Vintage Wedge Blade
Brush: Yaqi - Purple Mink
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Saponificio Bignoli -Liquirizia e Menta
Aftershave: Extro Cosmesi - Licorice and Magnolia

B71F198F-88E7-489A-B496-67E13DB30AFB.jpeg

Yikes! A Facial Wedgie.
Todays shave was not quite as comfortable as I’m used to. I don’t have a lot of experience with these older type “lather catchers” with the wedge blade. It felt rather industrial, and wasn’t any kind of a joy going against the grain. Is this a normal feel for these blades or is it me? I did personally hone and strop this blade to the best of my skill level, which I think is quite high, but still felt harsh. This blade is not a Kampfe, and did not come with this razor…so who knows.
BBB639C0-2090-426A-AE38-B861AF54FFCA.jpeg

My face is nice and smooth, but I didn’t want to do the extra scrubbing it takes to give my neck a BBS. I’ll give the blade a few licks on my 8k and 12k stones before I put it away.

Last edited:
Stahly x2. One of my Stahly razors (have 6) has a funky cap which sits noticeably higher off the plate than others yielding a lot more gap. Treating this as a feature rather than a problem I used it with working stock handle. Head vibrates effectively for about 2.5 minutes which is fine for a pass. Remarkably fine results. I did clean up on my head with a normal mild head Stahly on the stock handle which was perfectly capable in this job with some pressure and attention to angle. BBS baby.
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SOTD : 20th July 2021.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 10051.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: : Haslinger Schafmilch & Lanolin Shaving Soap.
Blade : Dorco Titan. (D1)
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg + Pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

A good performance from the Haslinger Schafmilch...My mature skin loves shaving soap. that contains lanolin the slickness and post shave feel it delivers is superb...Wonderful stuff!

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom