What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" July 12th - July 18th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
2021-07-18

Last shave before my vacation, so I will be out-of-office for 14 days :001_smile

Ikea Bowl ¤ OCSC 2018 LE Silvertip ¤ Gillette Aristocrat #66 + Wilkinson
Nanny's Rose Geranium ¤ Myrsol Balsamica ¤ Penhaligon's Esprit Du Roi

proxy.php

Razor: Merkur HD 34C
Blade: Bolzano Superinox (1)
Brush: Muhle HJM Black Fiber,21mm
Bowl: RazoRock Ceramic

Lather: Palmolive Classic Green Shave Cream

Proraso Green Aftershave Splash
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

5D1A5A72-93AF-4F6B-9C0F-9AC31D9EA9CD.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JULY 18, 2021

Today marks my return to two handed straight razor mug shaves! And what better razor for the debut than my sweet little Boker cast steel French Point 5/8. After its touch up on the jasper stone and consequent run through Howard Schecter’s Constroption, Madame Boker swept away my mug whiskers like the Romans through the Sabine women in three very careful passes! Although my left hand did cramp up a bit, requiring the shave to be a bit more drawn out, the Traveling Wilbury’s “Handle With Care” was definitely an appropriate background refrain.

The long handle on my 1920 Gillette Big Fellow was just the ticket for my recovering left hand and arm enabling me to get at the back and sides of my noggin and complete my usual two ATG passes with no compromises. Just a shout out to my sweet smelling beautiful young physical therapist, Dr. Jenna! Despite my grousing and complaining, I’m truly grateful to this wonderful young woman! As she kept saying, put in the work, and you’ll get the results! I feel cool, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Boker Cast Steel French Point 5/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub and Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1298544
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JULY 18, 2021

Today marks my return to two handed straight razor mug shaves! And what better razor for the debut than my sweet little Boker cast steel French Point 5/8. After its touch up on the jasper stone and consequent run through Howard Schecter’s Constroption, Madame Boker swept away my mug whiskers like the Romans through the Sabine women in three very careful passes! Although my left hand did cramp up a bit, requiring the shave to be a bit more drawn out, the Traveling Wilbury’s “Handle With Care” was definitely an appropriate background refrain.

The long handle on my 1920 Gillette Big Fellow was just the ticket for my recovering left hand and arm enabling me to get at the back and sides of my noggin and complete my usual two ATG passes with no compromises. Just a shout out to my sweet smelling beautiful young physical therapist, Dr. Jenna! Despite my grousing and complaining, I’m truly grateful to this wonderful young woman! As she kept saying, put in the work, and you’ll get the results! I feel cool, clean and velveteen!

RAZOR: Boker Cast Steel French Point 5/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Osage Rub and Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.
Jeff is back and, once again, all is well with the world.

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Dream
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
Back to the GFT cream. Today I am using the Frank Shaving i synthetic brush. This is the 8th shave with the Feather/Feather combo. I am very impressed by the quality of shaves I get from the Feather combo. A nice, BBS shave.

20210714_173826-01-01.jpeg

SOTD #183/2021
18-07-2021

>> SHARK WEEK 2021 <<

Preshave: frigid tap water, PAA The Cube 2.0
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Proraso ~ Azur Lime
Razor: Merkur Progress (3-6-6, overclocked)
Blade: Shark Super Chrome (1 pass- and out) and Super Stainless (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Proraso ~ Azur Lime

Final shave of Shark week. That's why I took the plunge and loaded a Super Chrome blade into my Progress. That's been the only blade in the Shark line up I had not tested as yet. I could have saved myself the trouble, though, since the Super Chrome tugged like hell. So I replaced it as soon as I completed pass one and went back to Super Stainless.much better.
The following two pass shave were effortless and efficient. The Shark Super Stainless did a flawless job.

3 passes, Progress on setting 6. BBS.

Enjoy your Sunday, y'all!

SOD Sunday July 18, 2021
Ever wonder how many shaves in each tub of Proraso? See below in the Lather report!
Brush: Parker Synth Brush
Bowl: Shave Nation
Lather: Proraso Red (16)
Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Balm: Proraso Red

Have a great day!!
IMG_6998.jpg

SUNDAY SHAVE OF THE NIGHT
One down and two across.
BLADE KAI TITAN MILD
RAZOR COLONIAL GENERAL SE RAZOR
PIGLET :pink woolf Maroon Base Pre soaked warm water
Cream:pINK WOOLF OUDH SANDALWOOD CREAM
POST SHAVE:-ANHERB AFTER SHAVE BALM
Usually i apply a coin size amount on face and then lather but today i overloaded by swirling inside twice and finally got the lather lasting for second pass

Attachments

• IMG_20210718_194627.jpg
    IMG_20210718_194627.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210718_195327.jpg
    IMG_20210718_195327.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 5

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, July 18th 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector, M3- Mfg 1970-72, this adjustable will suit most folks, setting 3 is mid range for myself, nice feel to this razor.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(9) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely and predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, discontinued for now, great scent that is addictive almost, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm synthetic, Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with Witch hazel. No balm today.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector adjustable M3 with a Personna coated injector.

Sunday Schick shave July 18th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD - Sunday 18 July 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar - 0.38mm - TRH6 - Bronze
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Lavender B9A+ - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender
  • After-Shave Splash: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender
  • Fragrance: Barrister And Mann - Reserve Lavender - EdC (100 ml)

Awesome image, the purple really stands out (Neon effect.) against the black background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom