What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 6th - January 12th, 2020

Ariana & Evans | Asian Pear
APShaveCo. Elegant Emerald | SynBad 24mm
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20

proxy.php

As per my usual method for evaluating an artisanal wet shaving fragrance, I used the splash several times before documenting my impressions. While the soap is obviously scented with the same oils, we should all know by now that it is a poor medium for fragrances. Thus the following observations are based on that of the splash.

Almost 2 years ago, I made it well known that I wasn't a fan of Asian Plum given its sweet floral presence. It wasn't a popular opinion, so I really should expound up on that. There are fragrances that I absolutely love, yet I don't want to smell like them. Asian Plum is one of those. Up until the day I shipped it off to its true soul mate, I routinely cracked the tub for a whiff. There's really no disputing it was a beautiful fragrance.

Asian Pear, while closely related to Plum, deemphasizes the sweet floral such that the result is an even more elegant, masculine fragrance. Asian Pear is without a doubt something I not only enjoy smelling, but it also works quite well with my chemistry.

Predictably, Asian Pear opens with an authentic ripe pear note that almost immediately fades into the dried fruit and an elusive dark, spicy, fermented vanilla-esque element. Cured tobacco begins to surface, and for a while, influences the overall accord. Despite the imperfect medium of an aftershave splash, this mid resonates for a good four or five hours before acquiring soft warm woody notes in the dry down. This is one of Ariana & Evans' / The Club's more exquisite original fragrances. I'm also quite the fan of their gritty fougère, NYC, which in my mind rivals Asian Pear for top fragrance coming from this artisan. Both of these deserve a stand-alone EdP.

Wednesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (D3)
Brush: Vie-Long 16510 Silvertip 24mm
Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Tallow + Steel Kyoto
Aftershave: Tallow + Steel Kyoto

SOTD - 2020.1.7
Growth: 48h
Brush: ŌKU Kesar by P&P - 25mm two band
Soap: razor emporium barber shop
Razor: Game changer 0.69 vs Envoy
Blade: Voskhod
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 4.5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Nice shave overall though the alum block was vocal on the envoy side. The envoy is certainly not as smooth of a ride. Both sides are equally close.
Post shave feel, the Envoy side feels a little bit soar.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Wednesday 01.08.20 SOTD

DSCF0012 - Edited.jpg

Taylor Of Old Bond Street Shaving Herbal Pre-Shave Gel
Karve Christopher Bradley Gladius OC “C” Plate
Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (4)
Vintage Kingsley (Austria) Pure Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Peppermint Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Aftershave Balm

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg

What a great scent on the Soap, AS and EdP 😊. I started this day just right! 😊
The blade however, eventhough it was the first time I used it…..let me just say that I will replace it right away and use one of the other brands that I still have to try out 😉😊

Soap : Stirling Soap Company – Executive Man
SvdD : 08-01-2020
Razor : Rex – Ambassador
Blade : Derby - Extra Super Stainless DE (green) (1)
Brush : Razorock – Plissoft
Aftershave : Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia special edition 2018
Eau de Parfum : Saponificio Varesino – Opuntia

DSC_0213-03 (1).jpeg

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: Stone Cottage Red Velvet Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Ogallala Bay Rum
Balm: Peter Thomas Roth Moisturizer

Wednesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Bulgari Man in Black
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Bulgari Man in Black EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Bulgari Man in Black today. 20 seconds to load the RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep in the vintage Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Man in Black EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Wed Jan 8th-2020, I made a blade carrier for my Enders Speed Shaver months ago and works great for the Obsolete propitiatory Enders blades with a Schick proline B-20 modern blade. Its like having a Schick injector with a open comb hybrid type razor that works well.

Razor : Enders Speed shaver with a modified Enders blade carrier- MFG 1940's -1955
Blade : standard Schick proline B-20 (9 use)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Preshave: Yaqi Casmire shave brush my face with CerVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3
Postshave : Alum + cold water rinse.
Postshave :FINE fresh Vetiver with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD Jan 8th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
2822D504-B9BE-4BBE-AC8A-064F227C1DF7.jpeg

SOTD 01/08/20

What a splendidly designed razor. Despite the cold and snow, I enjoyed a relaxing and surprisingly close two pass shave! MWF whipped up with Jayaruh Custom #372 into a glistening, slick protective lather that initially left me wondering whether I had a blade in the razor! Talk about smooth! The razor is aptly named, and delivered a shave easily the equal of my Vector, AS-D2 or Silversmith, all great razor’s, but ranging from 4 to 4 1/2 times the price of this little Marvel. BBS shave #2 was bloodless and left me feeling clean, refreshed and oh so very smooooth on both noggin and face.

RAZOR: Fine Marvel Safety Razor
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #372
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Lavender Pour Homme

Razor: Gillette Heritage
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Shave Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Top Bottom