SOTD (# 04/2020)
06-01-2020

20200106_215903-01.jpeg
Preshave: Proraso White preshave cream
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Calani "Oriental Plum"
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable 109
Blade: Wilkonson Sword /Germany (2)
Postshave: ice cold german tap water, Nivea Aftershave Balm...

In case you are wondering - I simply "decanted" the soap into the metal tin in order to keep the original soap container fresh.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday 01.07.20 SOTD

DSCF0017 - Edited (3).jpg

Shugar Soapworks oatmeal & Verbena Soap lather and rinse
Gillette ball end NEW Long Comb gold
Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (4)
Yaqi Barber Pole Handle 24mm 2-Band Badger
Arko Shaving Soap puck
Old Spice Cologne Original

DSCF0015 - Edited (10).jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD Tue Jan 7th 2020

Razor : Oneblade Core - MFG 2019, excellent daily driver.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE Modified (5)
Soap : Razorock Don Marco -Great soap
Brush : Yaqi Timberwolf 24mm
Preshave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the beard area.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17:

SOTD Tues Jan 7-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

5CA9E460-C05F-4E28-9590-9571853F021E.jpeg
F4C0B783-D7BC-4200-A735-EA45090BDC7A.jpeg
73E7942B-D687-4897-A86A-737629C991A5.jpeg

SOTD 01/07/20

Today I shaved with a wonderful razor, the Fine Marvel, and it truly is! I’d read very positive reviews in Sharpologist and on some of the various shaving boards that praised its unique design consisting of a .95 blade gap and a huge blocky safety bar coupled with a sharply angled top cap. At first glance, the razor appears rather aggressive, but in actuality the shave is quite mild, but highly efficient. Jason Rodman of Ruds Shaves claimed its shave superior to artisan razors three to four times it’s price! I would agree! Interestingly, it’s design seems to harken back to the LaResche 77 of the 30s. At least the base plates have a similar exaggerated curve, although the blade gap on the LaResche is even more extreme. The only downside to the razor is the slippery chrome handle which I exchanged for a SS Barber Pole handle. I lathered up with MDC Vetyver and experienced a two pass BBS with one very minor weeper under my left jaw which cleared up after the witch hazel application. For $40, this inexpensive pot metal razor is a no brainer. It’s going into the regular rotation. I’m looking forward to shaving with it over the next few days!

RAZOR: Fine Marvel Safety Razor
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Martin de Candre Vetyver
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Snake Bite AS Splash

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
View attachment 1050562View attachment 1050563View attachment 1050564
SOTD 01/07/20

Today I shaved with a wonderful razor, the Fine Marvel, and it truly is! I’d read very positive reviews in Sharpologist and on some of the various shaving boards that praised its unique design consisting of a .95 blade gap and a huge blocky safety bar coupled with a sharply angled top cap. At first glance, the razor appears rather aggressive, but in actuality the shave is quite mild, but highly efficient. Jason Rodman of Ruds Shaves claimed its shave superior to artisan razors three to four times it’s price! I would agree! Interestingly, it’s design seems to harken back to the LaResche 77 of the 30s. At least the base plates have a similar exaggerated curve, although the blade gap on the LaResche is even more extreme. The only downside to the razor is the slippery chrome handle which I exchanged for a SS Barber Pole handle. I lathered up with MDC Vetyver and experienced a two pass BBS with one very minor weeper under my left jaw which cleared up after the witch hazel application. For $40, this inexpensive pot metal razor is a no brainer. It’s going into the regular rotation. I’m looking forward to shaving with it over the next few days!

RAZOR: Fine Marvel Safety Razor
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Martin de Candre Vetyver
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Snake Bite AS Splash
I don't own one yet, another person who enjoys that particular razor is Michael Freedberg who shaves with it also, those bulky safety bars act like a guide for the perfect shave he claims also. Jason(Rud) and Michael are fairly accurate in shaving gear and I'm glade your enjoying it.

Proraso green pre-shave
Proraso green soap
RazoRock Bruce synthetic
Schick krona
Astra SP (3)
Pinaud VIBR
A10AE778-09BC-40A0-AE0C-432FC6995298.jpeg

**DFS for sure!! I’ve recently become reacquainted with my Schick Krona, and am loving the results! I used it about two years ago and was left with all kinds of irritation, so I put it back in the box and just kind of forgot about it. Then I came across an old post, praising the Krona for it’s smoothness and figured I’d give it another shot. Boy am I ever glad I did! My technique must have improved, because I’ve been consistently getting smooth, and extremely comfortable shaves with this razor!

Top Bottom