20200111_095955.jpg

Sunday, 1/12/20:

20200112_133658.jpg

Razor - Occam's Razor Enoch
Blade - Feather Professional
Brush - Leonidam "Aurelio" 26mm HD 2-band badger gel
Soap - WCS Cologne
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

This was my first shave with the Enoch, and it surprised me. I've never used a Feather AC single edge before, so I had no idea what to expect. The wider head took some getting used to, mostly around my jawline, but it was not too different than any other blade. Based on how the blade exposure looked, I thought I was going to have to shave with a really shallow angle, but the best angle for me actually ended up being surprisingly steep. It was almost what I've come to describe as a "Merkur angle", because with my 34C I basically rest the razor on my face evenly between the top cap edge and the blade guard, "right in the middle" so to speak. It was hesitant going at first because of the unfamiliarity, but I got the hang of it and ended up with a super close shave with no irritation, just one little weeper. The Feather Pro blade didn't feel particularly smooth, but I'm willing to reserve judgment for now and assume that was my learning the razor.

I got a beautiful lather between the Leonidam and the WCS/Catie's Bubbles collab. For such a dense knot, the brush must've struck a Faustian bargain, because it gives up the lather really well. The soap is awesome, with great post-shave and the scent has this herbal/floral/slight citrus thing going on that is intoxicating. I can't recommend these soaps enough. Wonderful Sunday shave.

SOTD (# 7/2020)
12-01-2020

20200112_095231-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White preshave cream
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic 24/52
Soap: Stirling Soap "Executive Man"
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Wilkonson Sword /Germany (5)
Postshave: ice cold german tap water, Stirling Soap "Executive Man" AS.

SOTD - 2020.1.12
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Málaga by P&P - 26mm selected silvertip extra density prototype.
Soap: Frankincense Enigma
Razor: Razor Emporium Envoy
Blade: feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 4.5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Presenting our new Málaga shaving brush prototype. It’s a real beast for bowl lathering, very confortable am lovely to use.
For this handle we have gone for an interference blue tone that reminded me of the tones of the Mediterranean Sea after sunset.
To get this tone it is a very involved process similar to that used in Urushi lacquers. However, the result is spectacular, deep blue tones that change depending on how light strikes on the handle.
proxy.php

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

[Imagen: img_9853d4b9-d6a5-4443-ad84-8f34a063ef27.jpg]

SOTD 01/12/2020

Esta japonesa es divina,tiene un corte muy suave que parece que no te estes afeitando. Creo que estas navajas se asemejan mucho a nuestras viejas Filarmónicas,le veo su corte muy parecido.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA Toyo 663 Falso Frameback 13/16

Brush: TSN LE H.L. THATER FUNF 5° aniversario dos bandas

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: FLOID crema vintage

Aftershave: FLOID Blue

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
SOTD
1/12/2020

Razor: Gem G-Bar
Blade: Gem PTFE coated
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Black/White Tuxedo Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap
Lather: Stirling Mountain Man
Aftershave: RazoRock Mudder Focker
Additional Care: Thayer's Witch Hazel

Lumii_20200113_070524449.jpg

Friday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Proraso White Tub
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (11)
Brush: Plisson #12 European White Badger-22mmx56mm
Aftershave: Country Club Southern Oud

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Proraso White Tub today. 20 seconds to load the Plisson #12 European White Badger brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the vintage Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Country Club Southern Oud aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

C9A17CEB-EA51-48B2-87D2-3EC6EFB2DFEB.jpeg

SOTD 01/17/20

Friday greetings to all! I so enjoyed my shave yesterday, that I decided to repeat it! I usually fall back on my favorite MWF, but that wonderful Anise scent from the Stirling Glacial Obsidian reminds me of a favorite gum from my childhood, Blackjack, which my grandfather, a WWI Marine vet always used to always carry! Blackjack chewing gum finally returned in 2018 and is as delicious as it has ever been. This old-fashioned gum established multiple “firsts” upon its invention in 1884 in the United States. With its black licorice taste, Blackjack was the first flavored gum available in America. I realized that it stoked very good memories of fishing with him as a small boy! As it turns out, I ‘m now a grandfather and have outlived him by a decade and a year.
Anyway, back to this great shave! BBS all around as yesterday! I’m really enjoying the new Jayaruh Custom Silvertip Badger with the extended Rosewood handle. It whipped up a generous lather allowing that lovely Anise scent to waft around enhancing what turned out to be a luxurious, thick, glistening, protective lather! I don’t know whether it’s half a century of wet shaving experience or just the razors, but I’ve never cut or nicked myself with either the Lupo or Silversmith. I feel clean, smooooth, coool, and refreshed. I’m really looking forward to spending time with my grandson this afternoon.

RAZOR: Razarock DLC Coated SS Lupo
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Silvertip Badger
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Stirling Glacial Obsidian AS Splash

Top Bottom