SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 6th - January 12th, 2020

Saturday, 1/11/20:

20200111_223826.jpg

Razor - Supply Single Edge
Blade - Supply/Personna
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "Nova" 26mm silvertip gel
Soap - Tabac
A/S - Cremo Reserve balm

Holy cow. This combo today was a real winner. First use of this brush, and it was outstanding. Perfect backbone, excellent splay, absurdly soft, and built a lot of lather really quickly. No hogging either. This might be as close to perfect (for me) as a brush gets. Tabac, to me, is a top-tier soap. The lather is creamy, shiny, and dense, is super easy to build, and offers a ton of both slickness and cushion. Very good residual slickness, and my skin was very soft afterward. Plus, I like the scent more and more every time I use it. The Supply flew threw this shave on the mid setting and gave me a ridiculously close shave, which I usually don't get on this setting. I was REALLY pleased with the way everything worked together in this shave; just a fantastic start to the weekend.

SOTD : 12th January 2020.

j.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Omega 10051.

Face Lather.

Soap: Blue's Goat milk.

Blade: Treet ~ Trig Silver Edge. (2)

Razor: Yingjili ~ (Chinese 7'0clock Stirling Tech Copy)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave...Keeping to my to plan for this year by adding soft & hardware to my SOTD set ups that i've neglected in the past.The Chinese Yingjili " 7'0clock Stirling tech copy " is one of two that was passed on to me by a workmate a while back which i've only used a few times,normally for shaving the back of my neck & head when i do my monthly head shave, which is excellent because of the long handle.

Paired together with the trig Silver Edge. on it's second outing performed with smooth non-aggressive,yet smooth efficiency, resulting in enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Saponificio Varesino Two-band High Mountain Manchurian White Badger
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (1)
Scent: Boellis Panama 1924

Lovely shave. When I want to spoil myself, Boellis Panama 1924 always delivers.
That is quite a brush!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Saturday, 1/11/20:

View attachment 1051878

Razor - Supply Single Edge
Blade - Supply/Personna
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "Nova" 26mm silvertip gel
Soap - Tabac
A/S - Cremo Reserve balm

Holy cow. This combo today was a real winner. First use of this brush, and it was outstanding. Perfect backbone, excellent splay, absurdly soft, and built a lot of lather really quickly. No hogging either. This might be as close to perfect (for me) as a brush gets. Tabac, to me, is a top-tier soap. The lather is creamy, shiny, and dense, is super easy to build, and offers a ton of both slickness and cushion. Very good residual slickness, and my skin was very soft afterward. Plus, I like the scent more and more every time I use it. The Supply flew threw this shave on the mid setting and gave me a ridiculously close shave, which I usually don't get on this setting. I was REALLY pleased with the way everything worked together in this shave; just a fantastic start to the weekend.
Great when it all comes together like that.

Spicy Sunday Shave;
  • Rex Ambassador
  • Gillette Wilkinson Sword (2)
  • Stirling Spice Soap
  • VdH Bowl
  • Captain's Choice Heavy Copper Bowl
  • Stirling Badger
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Old Spice AS (USA)
  • Stirling Spice ASB
  • Old Spice EdC (USA)
  • Million Dollar Hair Tonic
  • Clubman Firm Hold Pomade
  • Old Spice Original Deodorant
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD - Sunday 12 January 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Charcoal Goods - Level 1 Bishop
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Black Forest B7 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Australian Private Reserve - Fougere Trois
  • After-Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Fougere Trois - Splash

Had a great shave today with Black Ship Grooming Co :c1::straight::c9::thumbup1:
Soap : Black Ship Grooming Co - 7 Doubloons
Sotd : 12-01-2020
Razor : Rex – Ambassador
Blade : Muhle (4)
Brush : Razorock - Plissoft
Scuttle : Mkeramiek
Aftershave : Myrsol – Don Miguel 1919 Fragancia Sutily Elegante
Eau de Cologne : Thierry Mugler - Cologne
Score (Instagram) : 90
Black-01.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Shave Jan 12th-2020- Schick Sunday with a Schick injector promo series razor for the 1976 Montreal Olympics that was sponsored by Schick.

Razor: Schick injector L type theme series- MFG 1976
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (4)
Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Flore "Frienze" -Excellent soap!
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo 24mm+ with black marble handle
Preshave:Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3'
Post shave: Avon "True Gent"aftershave balm & cologne with witch hazel
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + some irritation + 2 blemish weepers = :wink2:

Sunday shave Jan 12-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

7CEC1ADD-E9A9-454C-B5FA-627FAA131231.jpeg

SOTD 01/12/20

The Occam’s DE is one terrific safety razor. When used with a Feather blade it really can’t be beat! This morning I decided to use one of my preferred shaving soaps, Wholly Kaw King of Oud. The indescribable scent that wafted from the slick, glistening lather whipped up with Jayaruh’s Custom Boar is truly transporting. It brought back my traveling days and the Market in Marrakech. The shave was relaxing, and pleasant with minimal, if any, blade feel, and mimicked my first exposure to this razor - two passes for the face, and one and a half for the dome. I feel clean, smooooth and revitalized this morning.

RAZOR: Occam’s DE
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
SOAP: Wholly Kaw King of Oud
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Royall Lyme AS Splash

Top Bottom