Sunday's Great Shave!

Razor: Jernbolaget Eskilstuna F.Frameback - 5/8"

IMG_20210110_095637.jpg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club (A&E) ~ Charlatans Traipse
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacets #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Prep: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
Bowl: Ceramiche di Sicilia
Brush: Elite Razors Polo Bone Amber
Soap: A & E Peach & Cocnac
Razor: Paradigm Javelin prototype
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
AS: Myrsol Masaje Antesol
AS Balm: I Coloniali

proxy.php
Best Regards
Marco
Great picture Marco 😍

093EFA24-4488-4F3F-9672-C777B88B0029.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Schick Adjustable, Focus R22 Shavette
Blade: Schick 2nd use, Gillette PermaSharp Saloon 1st use
Brush: SOC Taj Boar
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: Cheeks DFS, Neck spotty, 1 nick 4 weepers

My first real outing with the Shavette, did 1 pass WTG and 1 pass ATG on my cheeks and 1 pass ATG on my neck. The Schick did the XTG and cleanup to save the day. I made the lather thinner as I’m used too to make it slicker and it worked pretty well. Changing hands and finding angles is super awkward but this was to be expected. Got only one nick on my cheek so I’m pretty happy.

7752A1FC-3525-4E5C-907B-DF8140FA64A4.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JANUARY 10, 2021

It’s another cool, clear 28° day here in the Philadelphia suburbs, and the first day of what will be a week long focus on Gillette safety razors here at TSD. The only requirement for inclusion as I understand it is that each safety razor design selected must be at least 50 years years old. For today’s shave I selected one of my favorite Gillettes, the New Standard. Mine dates from 1928. This design is a very efficient shaver, particularly when fitted with a Kai DE blade which is a smidge wider than my preferred Feather DE blade, and just about as sharp. There was a bit more blade feel than usual on the noggin this morning, but the dome result was a foregone conclusion! Or as a friend here in our straight razor forum is wont to say, “dolphin smooth! My wood handled Feather DX was calling to me as well this morning for my mug shave. So I loaded up a Feather AC Super and had at it. The JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378 delivered its usual thin, slick facial lather which the DX scooped away in three luxurious passes leaving me refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: Wood Handled Feather DX (Mug), Gillette New Standard Circa 1928 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1206653
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JANUARY 10, 2021

It’s another cool, clear 28° day here in the Philadelphia suburbs, and the first day of what will be a week long focus on Gillette safety razors here at TSD. The only requirement for inclusion as I understand it is that each safety razor design selected must be at least 50 years years old. For today’s shave I selected one of my favorite Gillettes, the New Standard. Mine dates from 1928. This design is a very efficient shaver, particularly when fitted with a Kai DE blade which is a smidge wider than my preferred Feather DE blade, and just about as sharp. There was a bit more blade feel than usual on the noggin this morning, but the dome result was a foregone conclusion! Or as a friend here in our straight razor forum is wont to say, “dolphin smooth! My wood handled Feather DX was calling to me as well this morning for my mug shave. So I loaded up a Feather AC Super and had at it. The JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378 delivered its usual thin, slick facial lather which the DX scooped away in three luxurious passes leaving me refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: Wood Handled Feather DX (Mug), Gillette New Standard Circa 1928 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.
I notice you're not using menthol additives these days. Is that seasonal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom