SOTD-WFSR-K_2021-01-07.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Nacet (3)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella

A great shave. :biggrin:

It might even have been a magnificent shave if it hadn't been for the shedding Midget. Although I said I was going to chuck it out I wondered if maybe it might just have stopped its mischief... but no. 12 hairs/bristles today. It's such a great little brush but the shedding just drives me crazy (or should that be crazier). I'll order a new one as soon as I stop playing here on B&B.

Happy Shaves guys. :cornut:

Maybe it just needs a vinegar soak?

Brush: Omega 11047 Mixed Midget

A great shave. :biggrin:

It might even have been a magnificent shave if it hadn't been for the shedding Midget. Although I said I was going to chuck it out I wondered if maybe it might just have stopped its mischief... but no. 12 hairs/bristles today. It's such a great little brush but the shedding just drives me crazy (or should that be crazier). I'll order a new one as soon as I stop playing here on B&B.
Maybe it just needs a vinegar soak?
I've already ordered my new one, but you have my interest piqued, benos.

What would the vinegar soak do to stop it shedding, please?

I've already ordered my new one, but you have my interest piqued, benos.

What would the vinegar soak do to stop it shedding, please?

This is just from what I've heard, but sometimes older brushes may shed because of built-up soap scale in the breach of the knot, and I guess that soap scale can start to weaken the hairs over time and cause them to actually break off. So the idea is to use a vinegar soak to get that scale out of there, and you'll avoid having further breakage. I want to say a brush maker posted a picture, maybe here on B&B (can't be sure), showing a knot cut in half with scale buildup and it showed the breakage. I seem to remember that, but unfortunately don't know how to find it anymore.

This is just from what I've heard, but sometimes older brushes may shed because of built-up soap scale in the breach of the knot, and I guess that soap scale can start to weaken the hairs over time and cause them to actually break off. So the idea is to use a vinegar soak to get that scale out of there, and you'll avoid having further breakage. I want to say a brush maker posted a picture, maybe here on B&B (can't be sure), showing a knot cut in half with scale buildup and it showed the breakage. I seem to remember that, but unfortunately don't know how to find it anymore.
Aha, thanks for that.

Unfortunately that's not the cause as all my brushes are spotlessly clean right down to the roots (so to speak). They also all pass the "flick test" with flying colors:

Mind you, I did have these problems before I learned how to control my ridiculously hard water (some three years back). (HERE if you're interested.)

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
7CA45BE7-A5F6-44E9-903D-1F6CC5F47F0D.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) United Kingdom: Shave Gel Prince Sensitive Shave Gel.
3) Multinational: Razor Prince Maximum 2 disposable. Blades made in the USA, Assembled in Mexico and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Prince Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Calvin Klein Free for Men Cologne.

Saturday, 1/9

20210109_223924.jpg

Razor - Gillette New SC
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Mozingo Brushworks
Soap/AS - DG Contemplation

Very good soap this stuff. The New is such an odd little razor in some ways, but boy does she shave close. Best angle seems to be fairly shallow, which is different, but it shaves pretty smoothly there. Nice light scent to start the weekend.

Sun 10th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette Empire Goodwill
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 5th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather from the soft soap. The scent really comes out during lathering. The performance was ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was ok too. Reasonably smooth and comfortable for 3passes except for atg on chin and lips but no nicks nor weepers for a dfs to ccs result. Time's up for the blade. Rating 9.3/10
20210110_121503.jpg

SOTD : 10th January 2021.

26.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 1438.
Face Lather.
Lather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap.
Blade: Gillette ~ 'NOS 94' Super Silver Platinum. (2)
Razor: 1950's Gillette Ball End Tech. (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL. (Spanish Version.)/Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

My fondness for this classic old school Love/Hate in-expensive Williams grows with each shave....The post shave feel it delivers is superb.

My vintage Gillette ball end tech performed with excellence and paired up wonderfully with the NOS 94' SSP blade resulting in an enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Due to Lockdown number 3 i won't be returning to the mill tomorrow, i have been furloughed for another 6 weeks, after that a 3 day week shift pattern comes into action until the work orders pick up in the coming months...It turns out i will be on permanent day shift for the forseeable year... Still not the best of circumstances but, i still consider myself very fortunate as, some of my work mates have been paid off which make feel extremely sorrowful.

First & foremost the health safety, and wellbeing of myself & fellow workers comes before any job. Without us the mill wouldn't produce which is something our production manager doesn't want to hear or see. 'Some people listens, but don't hear because they don't want to'.

Yours-Barry.

Last edited:
Spicy Sunday, BABY!

Blackland Blackbird Brass and Stirling Spice with Old Spice!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (08)
Brush: Stirling Badger
AS: Old Spice (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice
EdC: Old Spice (US)

Just a great Spicy Sunday.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sunday shave, 1/10/21:

Brush: WCS synthetic
Cream: Ariana and Evans shaving butter, with Eucalyptus essential oil for scent
Razors: Imperial Razor Co. “Improved Eagle”, Engström w/ brass backing and Hennessy’s Hummer (all 6/8”)
Aftershave: Proraso green splash

Attachments

• DC46FBD0-A954-43BF-A8E6-9EB3FD6A5080.jpeg
    DC46FBD0-A954-43BF-A8E6-9EB3FD6A5080.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom