20210109_103113.jpg

Brush: Simpson Coates Fitzwilliam
Soap: Yardley
Razor: English Gillette New Standard
Blade: Feather
Aftershave: Yardley Gold

818E638C-4ADC-4B2F-A0F1-4314EFCCAABF.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, JANUARY 9, 2021

I selected the Christopher Bradley safety razor from Karve Shaving for one last modern artisan safety razor dome shave before the Gillette Safety Razor Week focus which starts tomorrow here at TSD. Before I saw the light I spent a half century of one pass Barbasol shaves with the same Schick Krona until it finally gave up the ghost. My first modern artisan safety razor purchase was the safety razor featured in this photo. My only gripe with the design was the top cap which exposed the blade tabs. Then Karve developed the wide body cap enclosing the tabs and that was that. I prefer Karve’s OC base plates, and this morning’s shave featured the F_OC. It certainly delivered the goods shearing away all stubble evidence since yesterday’s dome shave.

The MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth is aptly named. The gold anodized aluminum handle feels great in hand. It easily generated the two types of lather I enjoy for my shaves. In fact, it is a real soap/croap/cream eater. Many in our hobby become entranced with scents and as a result accumulate large numbers of soaps and creams. Well, this brush is the answer to your prayers for soap reduction. Now on to my face! The mug shave featured my well-used Frederick Reynolds 5/8 with its very slight smile. This is truly a superb shaver. Light in hand, it nevertheless swept away the Nancy Boy lather and mug stubble with its usual aplomb. Three passes later I was left feeling clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth, just another delightful shave.

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds 5/8 (Mug), Karve Safety Razor F_OC Plate
BLADE: Polsilver DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
View attachment 1206164
SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, JANUARY 9, 2021

I selected the Christopher Bradley safety razor from Karve Shaving for one last modern artisan safety razor dome shave before the Gillette Safety Razor Week focus which starts tomorrow here at TSD. Before I saw the light I spent a half century of one pass Barbasol shaves with the same Schick Krona until it finally gave up the ghost. My first modern artisan safety razor purchase was the safety razor featured in this photo. My only gripe with the design was the top cap which exposed the blade tabs. Then Karve developed the wide body cap enclosing the tabs and that was that. I prefer Karve’s OC base plates, and this morning’s shave featured the F_OC. It certainly delivered the goods shearing away all stubble evidence since yesterday’s dome shave.

The MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth is aptly named. The gold anodized aluminum handle feels great in hand. It easily generated the two types of lather I enjoy for my shaves. In fact, it is a real soap/croap/cream eater. Many in our hobby become entranced with scents and as a result accumulate large numbers of soaps and creams. Well, this brush is the answer to your prayers for soap reduction. Now on to my face! The mug shave featured my well-used Frederick Reynolds 5/8 with its very slight smile. This is truly a superb shaver. Light in hand, it nevertheless swept away the Nancy Boy lather and mug stubble with its usual aplomb. Three passes later I was left feeling clean, refreshed and velveteen smooth, just another delightful shave.

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds 5/8 (Mug), Karve Safety Razor F_OC Plate
BLADE: Polsilver DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.
Another great setup and pic.

SOTD (009/2021)
09-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<
20210109_122204-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (4)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Executive Man AS.

Enjoy your weekend, gents!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat Jan09th 2021

Razor: Kai style AC shavette folding razor- Mfg 2018? Good zamic razor, well built and easy to manipulate all over the face.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded- Very nice AC blade, very sharp and smooths out nicely after a few shaves.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore , I enjoy this mild scented tobacoo & vanilla soap, excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi lucky dice 26mm Tuxedo knot, excellent lather producer with cloud like soft tips with backbone for a scrub.
Preshave : Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3. WTG + ATG x 2.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 chin weeper= :thumbup: Great shave with my Kai style AC Shavette with a Kai Protouch.
SOTD, Sat, Jan 09th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom