10/10.

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Cream Musgo Real Oak Moss
Razor:Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (8)
Scent: Musgo Real Oak Moss EdC

Wow - what a shave! Three passes for an effortless BBS result.
Is Musgo Real Oak Moss the most masculine scent in wet shaving? Well, in my humble opinion, it is most certainly in the conversation.

DEE0F80D-E10C-43D5-BBAF-3C0C2CF8F783.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, JANUARY 5, 2021

Today featured a German shave cream that my son, Ben, has been after me to try. It was part of my Christmas package from him, and honestly, it’s not a bad product! He loves the scent, and yes, it lathers easily. In order to keep with the German theme today’s shave featured the Muhle 2011 R41 for the noggin with my Puma 88 5/8 queued up for my mug. The JR synthetic #343 easily generated the two types of lather I prefer for my shaves. Just to change things up a bit, I began with the dome, and loaded a Kai blade instead of my usual Feather. Since the Kai is very slightly wider than the Feather, there was definitely more blade feel. The two pass shave was velveteen smooth and set the stage for the great mug shave to follow. The new edge I’ve put on all my straight razors is buttery smooth, The Puma swept away my facial stubble in three luxurious passes. The finish with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version) capped off a refreshing, velveteen smooth, cooling shave.

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Muhle R41 2011 Safety Razor
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Synthetic #343
CREAM: Mohle Sea Buckthorn
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Williams Aqua Velva (Spanish Version).

Same setup as yesterday, 2 pass Dovo 5/8 and EJ DE89 w/Kai blade for touch up, except I went with the Omega Boar and also tried using beard oil for a pre-shave. Figured I would try it as I no longer have a beard and it was just sitting there. I couldn't tell the difference. Another BBS, irritation free shave.
PXL_20210105_160720391.jpg

Tuesday, 1/5

20210105_111853.jpg

Razor - Henson Ti22 medium
Blade - Feather
Brush - Leonidam "Molten Amber" 28mm HD 2-band
Soap - PAA Sangre de Drago
A/S - PAA Sangre de Drago

This brush is just fabulous. Absolutely one of my current faves. Craploads of lather, scent is really up my alley, but very light from the soap, and I went noseblind to it pretty quickly during the shave. The splash of course is where it's really at. I just wish PAA's scent strengths were uniformly a little stronger. The razor was really smooth while getting me nice and close.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 5th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- MFG.2018,nice mid range combined with a Kai SS.
Blade: Kai SS (1) excellent DE blade that is sharp & smooth with excellent longevity IMO. Good to have a few tucks!
Soap: Razorock Lavender- it might be discontinued, nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi artic sky 24mm knot, excellent lather creator, heavenly cloud like soft tips with good backbone for a scrub.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea Balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 + Kai SS wider blade.

SOTD, Tue, Jan 5th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210104_132601.jpg

Razor: Timeless Bronze SB .38
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Status
Not open for further replies.