Status
Not open for further replies.
Diplomat w/Astra - Stirling Sharp Dressed Man Soap and AS
IMG_5171.JPG

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Ouddiction (Honey Oud) sample only
Razor/Blade:- Fatip Testina Gentile CC / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

I got a sample of A&E Ouddiction (Honey Oud) from a friend I've mine I had lunch today from lodge, this soap is a MUST! have in the den is great for Autumn and Winter season.

I know most wet shavers aren't a fan of cinnamon, because, too much cinnamon can give you allergic reaction or bad irritation on the skin so you need to be extra careful.

This soap A&E Ouddiction (Honey Oud) has a touch more cinnamon than the Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents (milksteak base), the Ouddiction scent opens up with cinnamon, vanilla and honey. I can smell all together with a light rose with sandalwood, honey, oud and vanilla, then I get the spicy cinnamon scent in the background with Tobacco, Bergamot and Patchouli. This is a very warm and wonderful mid-dark scent for Autumn and Winter season, and the BEST part about this soap is also FANTASTIC! combination together with a great drink of a nice triple belt of Sailor Jerry Spice Rum which has vanilla and oak with hints of clove and cinnamon spices.

D0033691-EBA2-4613-98B8-A24F1F0C2228.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, JANUARY 28, 2021

Couldn’t have asked for a better shave this morning. A&E Shaving Butter is vegan, and as a devoted lanolin tallow soap fan (MWF), I was initially not positively disposed towards it. After three shaves with it, things changed. It’s marketed as unscented, but does possess a slight, quickly-dissipating, flowery ’frou-frou’ scent which when compared to the strength of scent from their Kaizen-based offerings is unscented. The post shave skin tone of this stuff is awesome. One does not have to use any AS or balm after shaving with this. When coupled with their Post-Shave Serum it is the complete package. The mug shave featured my vintage C-Mon Special 11/16. This extra hollow with its Naniwa/jasper stone edge really belts out the “buttering toast” song as it works. Three slow, pleasant passes rocked the baby, and the following two pass dome shave with the favorite of my three Shake Sharp safety razors, the Model 1.5 with its Bakelite handle and two stacked Feather blades put the baby to bed. I feel clean, velveteen smooth and ready for the day.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), Shake Sharp Model 1.5 Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: 2 Stacked Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Aluminum Monster Tuxedo Synth
CREAM/CROAP: A&E Shaving Butter
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Ouddiction (Honey Oud) sample only
Razor/Blade:- Fatip Testina Gentile CC / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

I got a sample of A&E Ouddiction (Honey Oud) from a friend I've mine I had lunch today from lodge, this soap is a MUST! have in the den is great for Autumn and Winter season.

I know most wet shavers aren't a fan of cinnamon, because, too much cinnamon can give you allergic reaction or bad irritation on the skin so you need to be extra careful.

This soap A&E Ouddiction (Honey Oud) has a touch more cinnamon than the Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents (milksteak base), the Ouddiction scent opens up with cinnamon, vanilla and honey. I can smell all together with a light rose with sandalwood, honey, oud and vanilla, then I get the spicy cinnamon scent in the background with Tobacco, Bergamot and Patchouli. This is a very warm and wonderful mid-dark scent for Autumn and Winter season, and the BEST part about this soap is also FANTASTIC! combination together with a great drink of a nice triple belt of Sailor Jerry Spice Rum which has vanilla and oak with hints of clove and cinnamon spices.
You can never have too much cinnamon. Sounds like that would pair well with Caron L'Anarchiste, which to my untutored nose, is a frag heavy on cinnamon and clove.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021

Razor: Razorock Game changer .84- MFG 2018>, mid range<, works well with a KAI SS blade for myself, well built SS razor IMO.
Blade: Kai SS (4) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with great longevity + wider than a standard Gillette blade by .009">blade feel.
Soap: Gillette Pure cream, nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm Sagrada Familia- named after a famous Cathedral in Barcelona Spain( I visited it myself), excellent lather generator with cloud like soft tips + great scrubber & lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with Witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 small blemish weeper= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR GC .84 with a Kai SS blade.
SOTD, Thur, Jan 28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom