Soap: CRSW American Barbershop

IMG_4559.JPG

1611617284190.png

Two Day Growth Showdown

Razors - King C Gillette vs. Muhle R89 Safety Razor
Soap - Lime by Captain's Choice
Blade - Personna Red (Israeli Reds)
Brush - Yaqi - Synthetic - Moka

Comments: I have been really impressed by the KCG razor for only $30aud and compared it to the Muhle R89 which sells for about double the price, the shave is identical. The weight of the KCG is superior which I like but it is slippery because of the knurling and smooth longer handle. Whilst the muhle R89 is more grippy but lighter. Pretty much the same shave though.

Attachments

• 1611617263837.png
    1611617263837.png
    12.9 MB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Initio Oud For Greatness eau de parfum, very nice!

Thanks. For those that are not into the animalic or fecal/skanky kind of oud, this would be very easy to wear. Lavender, Patchouli & Musk. Then the Agarwood with slight sweetness of the spice notes & smooth tobacco accord, this is as easy and smooth to wear to any event, dinner, night out or even work (easy on the sprayer). Not worth the full retail price but, if you can pick one up from the fragrance retailers at a substantial discount ( I received mine as a gift from the Misses but, she got it for under$270 for the 90ml.), it’s worth looking into. Please sample before you buy though, not for everyone..... :thumbup1:

Monday, 1/25

20210125_170943.jpg

Razor - Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - El Druida "Don Quixote" 25mm Manchurian
Soap - Barrister & Mann Petrichor
A/S - Barrister & Mann Petrichor

I was surprised at how much I liked this scent. It's the best of these "damp and dank" smelling scents I've encountered; I like this one a lot more than WK's Tempest. It's weird that the smell of wet earth could actually be this pleasant. The brush was a treat to use, and the Slim made short work of the hair. I've used it for the past few days, with a bunch of different settings, and the shaves have been amazing. I did not enjoy this razor this much when I first got it. I suppose in the year or so since then either my technique has improved or I'm using a better suited blade than I was in the past. Either way, excellent comfortable shave for Monday.

Monday shave

CC339309-6767-4D78-8317-B8C87B6DCC6A.jpeg

Prep: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Soap: PannaCrema Nuavia Blu
Brush: Zenith boar
Razor: iKon X3 slant on bulldog handle, #1
Blade: Astra SP, #2
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Nuavia Blu lather -> Dickinson's witch hazel -> washed face with Noxzema -> Stirling Blu aftershave

Well, the first part of the shave was fantastic! First use of the X3 and found it gave an easy, comfortable two-pass DFS. About that soap... I'd never used Nuavia Blu before so I did a little recon on B&B before the shave. Saw that several gents would just rub the lather in for their post-shave, forgoing a balm or aftershave. I won't be doing that again. Turned out something in the soap irritated my face. Ended up washing with Noxzema and finishing with Stirling Blu.

Tues 26th SOTD

Gillette 195 Fatboy - Rhodium replate. Set #7
Feather (1)
Simpsons Chubby 3 Manchurian
Saponificio Varesino 70th 4.1
Thayers WH Lemon Astringent

A great shave all round, 3 passes done with no irritation or blood. I haven't used a feather blade in a while, today it was like a hot knife through butter!

P1265964 (2).JPG

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2D8D8BA6-4357-42B1-A128-7A918D42402D.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) England: Soap Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk Cologne.

Tue 26th SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Shark Super Stainless 1st
Post & aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
The leftover lather from yesterday is still good enough for today's shave. Almost no more scent though.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was ok. Reasonably smooth and comfortable enough for 3passes dfs/ccs result but micro creepers were seen later. Enjoyable shave with the lead...Karve Razor! Rating 9.5
20210126_083434.jpg

Thuesday, January 26, 2021.

Floid pre shave oil.
Chiseled face, Zoologist, CIVET, Shaving.
El Druida, two bands badger, Beetlejuice.
Wacker "The Barbiers Bride", heelless singinng blade 6/8, 1/1 full hollow, buffalo horn scales.
Myrsol: Masaje Antesol & Emulsion.
Lalique: Hommage à l'homme, EdT.

proxy.php

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

25 January, 2021

Brush
: PAA Amber Aerolite*
Lather: Cella (classic brick)
Razor: Mamba 70
Blade: Dorco Prime
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Ted Lapidus
*New brush with a really nice retro handle
that is a natural to hold comfortably.
24 mm synth knot feels and lathers
like a 26, has enough backbone to
pick up lots of soap, yet is
soft on the face.

Stay healthy, everyone!

SOTD : 26th January 2021.

35.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Original Source Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Lemon Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi ~ 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather : Kent Luxury shaving Soap.
Blade: Parker ~ Premium Platinum. (3)
Razor: Parker 22r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut Splash-on Lotion./ The Real Shaving Co ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser.

Greetings,

A wonderful smooth efficient razor & blade duo. I've mentioned in my past postings that the shaving products produced in the sub continents don't get the credit they rightly deserve.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ SPF15 Anti-Ageing Moisturiser...A wonderful post shave for the winter elements.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
TUESDAY ‌01/26/21 SOTD
Gillette ‘66 L4 Flare-Tip Super-Speed Set (last year/quarter)
Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
‌RazoRock Faux Horn Disruptor Synthetic
Ariana & Evans Ouddiction Shaving Soap
Ariana & Evans Ouddiction Afrweshave Splash

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom