What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 20th - January 26th, 2020

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
proxy.php

SOTD 01/24/2020

Sorprendido por la buena espuma y cremosidad de éstos jabones De Vergulde Hand de los 50,a pesar de no tener aroma,funcionan realmente como cualquier jabón actual.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor:
TATARA Masamune peine cerrado

Blade: FEATHER FHS-5

Brush: VIE LONG mango Vintage Tulip marfil 16454 Tejón negro 24x56mm

Pre-Shave: FLOID Pre aceite

Lather: VAN DE VERGULDE HAND Jabonera vintage

Aftershave: EPSILON Scottish Spirit

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión
Tataras are looking more interesting by the day. How do you like yours?

Date:- 25 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural Soaps ~ Orange, Cedarwood and Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Davidoff Cool Water Wave

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat Jan 25th 2020

Razor : Valet Auto strop C1 Canadian Variant -modified gab to .007 from .011 thousands of a inch for a much smoother shave!- MFG 1920's 30's
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (2)
Soap : Razorock Lavender
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm> Sagrada Familia -named after the famous Cathedral Marvel in Barcelona Spain that I visited.
Pre-shave: brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave:Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD Sat Jan 25th-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
75FA5682-581C-4E27-BDB2-9C7A7B5DB112.jpeg

SOTD 01/25/20

Woke up to a torrential downpour on this Saturday morning. I was all set for another excellent shave with this razor. I’m thinking, that I’ll be trying some other blades in the razor over the next few shaves after completing this shave. Unbeknownst to me, the Feather blade I employed today ended up irritating the back of my head as the alum block and my AS Splash revealed. The fault is mine and not the razor. I have to restrain my eagerness to chase the BBS until my head is completely healed from the Rex encounter. Foolish me irritated the three healing areas by thinking my healing powers were more robust than they actually are! 72 ain’t 25! Besides, my birthday shave is coming up on 2/4. In any case my beloved Fat again delivered the goods for a two pass DFS on my face and a tender CCS on the noggin! The Snake Bite finish let me know that I’ve still a ways to go to completely heal the back of the noggin! I’m going to go without shaving the gourd for a few days to facilitate the healing. I figure by Tuesday, all should be well! In the meantime I’ll be sticking to face shaves until then! Happy shaves to all!

RAZOR: H&S No75
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Preshave Cube Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Razor: Gillette 1963 I2 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic (German)
Brush: Supply Silvertip Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Dr. Jon's Black Label
Aftershave: Maurer and Wirtz 4711
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20200124_092056.jpg

Top Bottom