I survived a lathey foreman
Monday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Coate’s Almond Cream
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Blue Super Platinum (1)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Coate’s Almond Cream today. 10 seconds to load the John’s Brushes Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Gillette Blue Super Platinum in the vintage Gilllette Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT.

Bob

proxy.php
Interesting Brush & gear Bob!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday for myself today, I really like this razor and it will deliver a DFS range most of the time. Winter is hard on my skin this time of the year with our river frozen solid (lost our humidity creator) in the month of Jan with temperatures in the the minus -20 to -30 degrees Celsius or -15 degrees F average with my indoor Humidity gauge reading 33-36. My skin is dry along with dryer tougher whiskers to shave IMO. But the Gem Micromatic Flying wing or MMBT or Guiding eye..... did it's job with one of the greatest Blades known to man.

Razor : Gem MicroMatic Flying wing or MMBT or MM guiding eye...- MFG 1947-50
Blade: GEM Personna SS PTFE (9)
Soap : Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandal wood (TOBS)(Very nice scent)
Brush : Razorock Plissoft
Pre-shave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Proraso Red Sandal wood lotion with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results :CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:

MMMonday Jan 20th-2020 (2).jpg

Have some Great shaves!

Monday, 1/20:

20200120_122802.jpg

Razor - Razorock SLOC
Blade - Shark Super Chrome (3)
Brush - Craving Shaving "Serenity" 26mm Boss
Soap - Men's Soap Company Sandalwood
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

I went back to the SLOC, this time with a different blade, and got another *excellent* shave with it. The Shark was definitely not as smooth through the strokes as the Astra SP last time. It did feel a little gentler on the skin, though. Despite that, I still got bit! I think I've used this razor five or so times now, and I don't think I've ever not had at least one weeper. But it shaves so damn nicely that I kind of don't mind. The shave was nice and close, and my face feels great, so I might keep going with Sharks in this one, or maybe try a Gillette Silver Blue next time just to search for that perfect combo.

The backbone on the Craving Shaving iteration of the Boss knot is insane, and loaded up a TON of soap from the hard Men's Soap Co puck. For me this is more of a bowl lathering brush. I got tons of lather, but I'm not terribly impressed with the quality of it so far. Voluminous, but not that slick and not much shine, even when fully hydrated. The scent is also pretty weak, maybe a 3 out of 10. I might try a face lather with it next time I use it, since I tend to get somewhat denser lathers that way, but for the ingredients in it, which are almost all natural, I was expecting a lot more.

Prep-warm water and soap
Balea Men synthetic brush
Nivea Shaving cream
Merkur 1904 OC
Champion platinum
Denim 1976 aftershave splash
L'Oreal aftershave balm
IMG_20200120_160243.jpg

So what do I think about this blade that is rarely mentioned here?
Let's start with the cons-only one. The blade came with a blob of wax that held the wrapper so tightly stuck to it that when I unwrapped it a piece of paper remained glued to the blade and I had to spend a few minutes cleaning it.
However, it was a very nice surprise in terms of sharpness and smoothness : in the realm of Rapira Platinum Lux and Gillette Platinum. It also has the noisiest audio feedback of any blade I own. Never expected a good blade from a company that is famous for the notoriously bad Balaka blades. But I was curious since I never heard anything about them. Recommend them to anyone who likes the above mentioned alternatives.
This was however the very first shave with this blade.
The Denim 1976 aftershave seems to warrant the name, as this variety has a different smell than the others on offer from this brand, a more medicinal odour with a dark amber classic color.
Not my favorite but not bad either. All in all, a nice shave, with just one weeper and my skin feels soft, relaxed and refreshed.

IMG_20200120_144548.jpg

Razor: Razorock Game Changer .68 w/ radio handle
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Razorock Evil Eye Lime Shave oil
Razorock Evil Eye Lime Aftershave Tonic

First shave with this razor and I was surprised that it seemed very mild. I got a bunch of nicks with a Rockwell 6c with a 3 plate and used a 2 plate with better results. This was a good shave but would have preferred a little closer in a few spots. Looking forward to second shave.

SOTD - 2020.1.20
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Serrano black by P&P - 26mm selected silvertip extra dense
Soap: BM Cool
Razor: Carbon Cx
Blade: Permasharp
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 4.9/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Top Bottom