What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 20th - January 26th, 2020

It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Monday, 01/20/2020
Floid oil ore shave. Los jabones de Joserra, Blas de Lezo, shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Yaqi brush R1605S, resin tuxedo synthetic. 泰平 HAIHEI 東京 'Kolmaz, Arabi Kana, EdT.
proxy.php

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Razor Emporium Envoy
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D1)
Brush: Shavemac TSR2015 LE 2-band Silvertip
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: TSM Fougère Toner

Date:- 20 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Darkfall (milksteak base)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R89 attached to iKon Bulldog / Wizamet Super Iridium #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20)& Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Monday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Coate’s Almond Cream
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim
Blade: Gillette Blue Super Platinum (1)
Brush: John’s Brushes Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Coate’s Almond Cream today. 10 seconds to load the John’s Brushes Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. I loaded a new Gillette Blue Super Platinum in the vintage Gilllette Slim. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with YSL M7 Oud Absolu EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

Shaves of the week:
This last week marked the beginning of returning to my usual routine of using different soaps or creams for each shave after a two month run using an arko shave stick and bundubeard coffee.

It was also My first shave with the pearl OC which was very generously sent to me in a PIF a few months back. I suspect it has a blade alignment issue with the one side of the blade being over exposed compared to the other. I'll post a photo of what I'm talking about for you guy's to see, but other than that it definitely did the job.

Shave 1:
Razor: pearl OC
Blade: super max blue diamond (3)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: uncle jons pipe smoke
Aftershave: none (night shave)

Shave 2:
Razor: pearl OC
Blade: super max blue diamond (4)
Soap: proraso sapone
Aftershave: old spice whitewater

Shave 3:
Razor: gillette super speed flare tip (US)
Blade: super max blue diamond (5)
Cream: Arko cool
Aftershave: status for men
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

C8D44ED9-735E-4517-A64D-1D9AF8B7A70C.jpeg

SOTD 01/20/20

Good morning to all on this bright and sunny Martin Luther King day here in Philadelphia. At this point I cry uncle and concede. Off to RE for a checkup! There’s something off with my Rex. The same issues cropped up at setting 3 and setting 1. First, it didn’t shave well, and continues to drag, so rather than plow ahead with the kind of facial and dome damage experienced yesterday, I set it aside and finished with my Gibbs on setting 6, which delivered the kind of delightful shave I enjoy in the mornings. The beauty of the Gibbs design is that even at the widest blade gap, only the efficiency increases, not the aggression. My well-loved MWF did its usual fine job of providing the glistening, yogurty cushion I prefer for my shaves. Just a shoutout to Jim Roe(@Jayaruh) of Jayaruh Custom Brushes. His long rosewood handled Silvertip Badger has worked beautifully for me! I find myself reaching for it more and more frequently. I own 4 of his brushes, and everyone delivers the goods! So what started off on a low note finished on a high one. SWMBO is traveling, so I broke out the Chatillon Lux AS to top off a great shave! Two pass near BBS on the face and dome - I had to precede a bit cautiously around the damaged areas from yesterday, I feel clean, smooth and refreshed! I hope everyone enjoys their day! I know I will!

RAZOR: Gibbs #17 (6)
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Rosewood Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Chatillon Lux AS

Martin Luther King Day
Pre-shave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Semogue 1305
Soap: Stone Cottage Red Velvet Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Ogallala Bay Rum
Balm: Peter Thomas Roth Moisturizer

Top Bottom