Zenith pure bristle brush
Razorock SLOC with Lamix blade

Pino Silvestre edt&after shave

DSCF9188ps.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD Tue Jan 21st-2020

Razor : Oneblade Core, Version 2- MFG 2019
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified(11)
Soap : Poraso Red Sandal wood.
Brush: Yaqi Cashmire knot 24mm
Pre-shave : Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:

SOTD Jan 21st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

16283653-9525-4B8D-93F0-F9985E1A4C4A.jpeg

SOTD 01/21/20

Welcome to TABAC Tuesday fellow face and dome scrapers. I’m still recovering from my bout with my problematic Rex Ambassador. Matt Pisarcik is on the case though, and I have every expectation that things will resolve positively. Things on the dome remain a bit tender, but thankfully, my Gibbs Adjustable delivered the goods in its usual comfortable, easy-going fashion. Joseph’s (@primotenore) Tabac lather recipe delivered a beautiful, thick, yogurty covering that elevated what could have been a cautious, tentative shave to a thorough-going shaving win. PAA’s Preshave Cube combined beautifully with that first lather application to allow my feather-loaded Gibbs to just sweep away my whiskers while enjoying that delightful Tabac scent. It literally felt like there was no blade in the razor. The next pass left me with a comfortable DFS on the dome, despite a very tender surface, and an actual BBS on the face. Fortunately, SWMBO, with her fragrance allergy, is still away until tomorrow, allowing me to use Tabac, which she detests along with my Chatillon Lux AS. I finished feeling clean, smooooth, and refreshed! I hope everyone has a great day.

RAZOR: Gibbs #17 Adjustable
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Preshave Cube
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Tabac Original
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Chatillon Lux AS Splash.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Calani Oriental Plum
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scent: Terre D'Hermes EdT

Just love the scent on this soap - it is also an excellent performer.
Great looking kit.

Back to the realm of the DE for today after a pretty enjoyable run with the Colonial General SS SE. Today’s razor of choice the 1966 Gillette Aristocrat Adjustable. Fancy Slim yes but very good razor in my opinion. Loaded with a Wilkinson and dialled to 5 it is a smooth shaver for sure.

Henri et Victoria Terre d’Henri was at hand and a great choice for an office Tuesday. Subtle in scent and awesome in performance. Matching balm is quite nice also.

Two lovely passes to achieve DFS level and off we go. Quick spritz of Guerlain Habit Rouge to finish the morning routine. Happy Tuesday all!

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat 1966
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Stainless (Germany)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Henri et Victoria Terre d’Henri
Aftershave: Henri et Victoria Terre d’Henri
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Habit Rouge

Tuesday, 1/21:

20200121_160336.jpg

Razor - Supply Single Edge
Blade - Supply/Personna
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "Foxborough" 24mm Boss
Cream - Barrister & Mann Reserve Fern
A/S - Proraso Cypress and Vetiver

A very nice shave today. Comfortable as can be from the middle Supply plate, and pretty darn close too. The WWB Boss knot is a phenomenal bowl lathering brush, and gave me the perfect "low-structure" B&M Reserve lather with lots of shine and great slickness. The highlight of this shave was the scent of the soap. Holy moley do I LOVE the scent of Fern. It's the most incredible green, fresh scent, and a perfect start to invigorate your morning.

Attachments

• 20200121_160336.jpg
    20200121_160336.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
SOTD - 2020.1.21
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Serrano by P&P - 26mm selected silvertip extra density
Soap: Enigma by Frankincense
Razor: Carbon Cx
Blade: Permasharp
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Almost the shave as yesterday but changing the soap to Enigma by Frankincense. Epic shave.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Wednesday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Timeless SB
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D3)
Brush: Bullgoose Beehive w 24mm WD Silvertip
Scuttle: Georgetown G12
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Chamomile & Lemon
Shave Soap: Wickham 1912 Classic 24 (Aventus)
Balm: Handmade Soap Co. Soothing Cream
Aftershave: Van Yulay Success (Aventus)

Top Bottom