What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 18th - January 24th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
EAE86D52-D74F-4D79-AA7E-0D8B53D0F03F.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) United Kingdom: Shave Gel Prince Sensitive Shave Gel.
3) Multinational: Razor Prince Maximum 2 disposable. Blades made in the USA, Assembled in Mexico and packaged in China.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Prince Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 18th SOTD with New Soap & Razor
Soap
Stirling Haverford 👍👍👍👍
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Yaqi SE Katana
Blade Tatra Platinum Half-blade 2nd use
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman WhiskyWood
Wow...!! Super nice tobacco(vanilla) scent and aroma with this soap. Even my wife says so. Creamily slick too... totally enjoyed the lather! Finally, able to get another great tobacco scent after Cavendish (2 other tobacco soaps were a dud)
Shave with the new SE razor paired with the blade was just acceptable. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes except for the atg on chin and lips area. In general, not efficient enough. Only able to get a SAS result. Positive was no nicks or weepers. Gotta try a sharper blade. Mmmmm...can still smell the soap scent faintly 2 hours later...nice! Rating 9/10
20210118_101956.jpg

Monday, January 18, 2021.

Floid oil pre shave. Stirling Soap Co., Texas on Fire: Shaving soap & Aftershave splash. Dscosmetic synthetic hair flat top knot tuxedo, greeen emperor resin handle. Sandor Jenes, Spanish dream num 11, 2018, carbon steel 125SC, 8/8, "dragonslayer, half-hollow, green abalone AVS.

proxy.php

01/18/21 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Triple Milled Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Briar Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A True Fall Classic
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Phoenix Shaving The Original Chill Mill - Menthol Grinder
Barrister and Mann Eigengrau Shaving Soap Excelsior Base
Wolf Whiskers Blue Train Custom Fluted Bishop TGN 24mm Silvertip Grade A Badger Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Wolfman WR1-DC .61mm Gap Light Blue Anodized Ti Razor with WRH7 Ti Handle
Personna Blue Comfort Coated Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Lavender Black Sheep Shaving Towel
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block with Rubber Grip Band
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Barrister And Mann Eigengrau Aftershave Balm
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant

B IMG_9161.jpg

Rockwell 6S Matte Black and Modern Williams with Aqua Velva Musk.

Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache Razor
Blade: Personna Med Prep (3)/Merkur Mustache Blade (??)
Brush: Omega 48 Pro
AS/EdC: Aqua Velva Musk

Happy Monday!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SOTD (018/2021)
18-01-2021

>> Shave Roulette <<

20210117_213533-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Pharaoh's Dreamsiecle
Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (6)
Postshave: frigd tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS & psb

Another lovely shave with the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword and a great start on Monday morning.
The Wilki feels like an upper mid sharp blade according to my face-o-meter. It's longevity is very good (sharpness in shave no. 6 seems to be as good as after the initial shave. Maybe I will do the One Blade February with this blade to find out how long it finally lasts...) However, in terms of smoothness that's where this blade absolutely shines. I already have used this blade in several razors. It felt super smooth - every single time.
Overall I'm quite impressed by this blade. It gets the job done nicely.

Happy shaves!

SOTD, Monday, January 18, 2021

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Gillette 195 Adjustable "Fatboy" (F2 - 1960)
Blade: Voskhod
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Cream: Castle Forbes Cedarwood and Sandalwood
Razor: Merkur Mergress (2.5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (10)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Penhaligon's Bayolea Aftershave Splash
Scent: Creed Royal Oud

First shave with a Castle Forbes Cream. Impressive performance. The scent is a very natural and woody cedar, which dominates the sandalwood.
This particular Spoiler blade has served me well, but time for a graceful retirement.

C0635FFE-B92B-4DFB-9B31-31444C8C4084.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, JANUARY 18, 2021

This morning’s shave featured my only modern straight razor, a Riga Razor 7/8 for the mug, and one of my most efficient safety razors, the Eclipse Red Ring for the noggin. This safety razor was manufactured when the British Empire was the world’s superpower back in the thirties by James Neill & Co. of Sheffield England, and represents three different British patents. One for the razor head design, the second for the adjustment mechanism at the base of the handle, and the third for the magnet at the very bottom of the handle. The head design features “teeth with a solid bar above and below them that...creates a scything action ...similar to a slant...” (cf. Bruceonshaving) allowing the razor to be used very efficiently at a variety of shave angles. Its aggressiveness is adjustable via a knob at the base of the handle (left for more aggressive, right for less), while the magnet allows one to pick up a dropped DE blade from a flat surface safely.

This morning’s dome shave with the Red Ring was incredibly close, but did present a bit more blade feel than usual thanks to the fresh Kai blade I loaded. I usually like Feather blades in this razor, but found that the shave with a Kai may have been just a bit more efficient. The beauty of the shave with this razor is the loudness of the buttering toast refrain it sings out during the stubble reduction process. My mug shave with the Riga Razor was quite good as well, but I confess, I do find it to be a bulky, awkward razor to use. It definitely represents the trend towards shave hatchets in modern straight razor design. I’m probably just being a bit of a grump and curmudgeon, reflecting my seven plus decades walking the planet, but I really like a small efficient, light vintage straight. The Riga Razor blade steel is great and holds a beautiful Naniwa/jasper stone edge. It’s just too dang bulky! In any case, the result is what counts and I definitely feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Riga Razor 7/8 (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac Wh. Finished with Nancy Boy Signature After-Shave Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom