SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 13th - January 19th 2020

Sunday, 1/19:

20200119_122415.jpg

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Feather
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Salazar" 26mm Fanchurian 2-band badger
Soap - Siliski Soaps Citrus
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co. Lemon Lavender

I've been trying several different razors lately, and this time it was the Feather AS-D2. I'd heard a lot about its mildness and narrow range of shaving angles, so I was a little concerned with the kind of shave I was going to get. However, I found the angle to be pretty easy to find, intuitive, and I don't think it's overly mild at all. With a Feather blade, I got an excellent shave that was very close, but also very comfortable. Seems like it'd take a lot to make this razor bite you.

I have to give props to the aftershave too. My wife got me this along with one of their soaps for Christmas, and it feels really good the instant you put it on; soothes the skin right away. My face feels great.

01/19/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Expedition Soaps - Spice it Up! - Oatmeal, Milk & Honey
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Shampoo & Conditioner Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Barrister and Mann Vespers Shaving Soap (Seasonal) New Exclesior Soap Base
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Starcraft - 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Gillette 1930's New Type Long Open Comb Razor
Derby Extra Blade - 2nd Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Barrister and Mann Vespers Aftershave Splash (Seasonal)
NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Post Shave Balm
Crown King Atomic Age Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength

B IMG_6732.jpg

proxy.php

SOTD 01/19/2020

Razor:
ABOVE THE TIE 2015 placa M2 peine abierto mango UFO Colibrí

Blade: SUPER IRIDIUM Extra Stainless

Brush: OMEGA Cerda n°49 29x60 mm

Pre-Shave: Agua caliente

Lather: Tcheon Fung Sing ANNUENDO

Aftershave: FLOID The Genuine italian

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión

Sunday, 1/19:

View attachment 1054246

Razor - Feather AS-D2
Blade - Feather
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Salazar" 26mm Fanchurian 2-band badger
Soap - Siliski Soaps Citrus
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Co. Lemon Lavender

I've been trying several different razors lately, and this time it was the Feather AS-D2. I'd heard a lot about its mildness and narrow range of shaving angles, so I was a little concerned with the kind of shave I was going to get. However, I found the angle to be pretty easy to find, intuitive, and I don't think it's overly mild at all. With a Feather blade, I got an excellent shave that was very close, but also very comfortable. Seems like it'd take a lot to make this razor bite you.

I have to give props to the aftershave too. My wife got me this along with one of their soaps for Christmas, and it feels really good the instant you put it on; soothes the skin right away. My face feels great.
The AS-D2 is a great razor! With a feather blade it’s unbeatable! It does have somewhat of a narrow sweet spot, which has led many to disparage it as a mild razor. It’s anything but mild. I have a very heavy dense beard, and always end up with a DFS or near BBS with little effort! I’m glad you’re enjoying it!

SOTD - 2020.1.20
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Klyx by P&P - 25mm two band finest extra density
Soap: PAA Gondolier
Razor: Carbón Cx
Blade: feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 4.8/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Lovely fist shave with the carbon Cx.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

The enjoyment of The General continues! I have never used The same razor on three occasions in a week unless travelling and even then I normally travel with two just to spice it up. So in reaching for it today and most importantly looking forward to stellar shave it would yield was quite telling. It did not disappoint.

Again, as with the first shave I went with First Line Shave Blue and it was again pretty awesome. The CK Eternity vibe is awesome with this soap and AS set.

Lovely two pass shave and as close as can be! Sunday done and the work week awaits. This evening shave was awesome and I really should get more evening shaves in. Hope the weekend was a good one.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
Lather: First Line Shave Blue
Aftershave: First Line Shave Blue
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

proxy.php

SOTD 02/02/2020

Razor: NAVAJA Filarmónica Sub Cero 14 NOS

Brush: OMEGA Cerda n°49 29x60 mm

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: CATIE'S BUBBLES Le Piment de la Vie

Aftershave: TAYLOR OF OLD BOND STREET Bay Rum

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​

Super Bowl Sunday! Reached for the Colonial General SS because it really just is so good! I just can’t get over how smooth a shaver this razor is. Weighty yes but just effortless to use.

Today’s soap of choice RazoRock Saturnia which has to rate as one of the best scents I have and it is a great soap. Tuscan herbs and sulphur rich minerals...wow is all I say!

Leisurely two pass shave on a slow Sunday afternoon! Topped off with Guerlain Oud Essentiel EDP! Man, Super Bowl...Super Shave! Go Chiefs!!!

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: RazoRock Saturnia
Aftershave: RazoRock Saturnia
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block
Guerlain Oud Essentiel
B2075B31-E30B-46A4-BA83-E26E69E3BF48.jpeg

Top Bottom