What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" January 11th - January 17th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Sunday shave Jan 17th 2021, having a little fun with the New Razorock Lupo .72 2nd Generation razor, Still testing the mid range non threatening easy to use DE razor. Not sure how they engineered this shaving jewel to get great results and still shave with comfort. I thought I would put the razor through some more paces and performed some buffing, also J hooking and of course the Lupo slide :001_smile (Gillette slide) for those who are not familiar with that manoeuvre. The razor passed those manoeuvres with no issues and so to me it is a winner if a person wants a solid mid range easy going razor. I think it could be a daily driver easily for my beard type but only on day 2 of at least 7 consecutive shaves! I could have a grail razor but still would get bored and use some of my many other razors (40 + razors as if I need another one, this will be last one:lol:). I have three Razorock stainless steel razors now and it is just as good or possibly better than the lot, time will tell what I reach for the most.

Razor: Razorock Lupo.72 2nd generation -MFG 2021, excellent mid range with all the charteristic of a good razor head. Easy to handle and manipulate on the face. Smooth and very efficient IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP(2) it is my standard blade for testing and comparing any other blades. Sharp & Smooth priced well also. Good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- great clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- This synthetic is my oldest synthetic brush used and has soft tips with a nice back bone for a scrub & a good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with new RR Lupo.72 + Gillette Astra SP blade.
View attachment 1209801
Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!
Very nice review, thank you.

20210116_081931.jpg

Razor: Schick I2 Hydro-Magic Injector Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Sunday's Shave
Prep: Warm shower​
Strop: Tony Miller Premium Steerhide Smooth w/ Linen​
Two pass shave: WTG, ATG/XTG​
Razor: ERN 1915​
Pre-Shave Cream: Proraso White Cream For Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​
Brush: Elite Razor Poplar - 24 mm Plisson​
Soap: Colonel Conk Natural Shave Cream Rio Grande Lavender​
Facial Toner: Thayers Alcohol-Free Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner with Aloe Vera Formula​
Aftershave Balm: Proraso White Alcohol Free After Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin, Green Tea & Oat​

proxy.php

Sunday shave

DB58B130-6B36-4D47-A382-8154AABE5DA8.jpeg

Prep: Noxzema
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Ouroboros
Brush: Vie-Long Silvertip
Razor: Parker 24C, shave #9
Blade: DuraBlade Sharp 7 a.m. Plus Super Platinum, #1
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Clubman Reserve Brandy Spice aftershave

Two passes: WTG/XTG on my face and N/S on my neck for an effortless all-around DFS. I attribute that to the new-to-me DuraBlade which was sharp and smooth. I think I'm going to like this blade.

Razor: Karve SS SB-B
Blade: Astra SS (so smooth!)
Brush: 22mm SHD bulb in Maggard bronze handle
Soap & A/S: Captain’s Choice Venture
The Astra SS and the Karve B plate was an incredibly smooth combination. I had to check multiple times that I had put a blade in the razor. Not the closest shave, but the razor and blade combo made it feel like I could have shaved dry. But the CC was fantastic as well. Great shave today!
F034E7E4-2F22-48F2-A014-53A97CD3DBC5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom